blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Simon Trumper WSOP $10,000 PLO June 20th 2009
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simon Trumper WSOP $10,000 PLO June 20th 2009  (Read 11845 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 07:18:40 AM »

hey trumpers, plz invest in me yo, ill make you crazy dimez!
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »

So far 20 shares gone.

Evil Pie Matt 8

Woodsey Andrew 5

Stuart 2

Tony 2

Tikay 2

Scott 1

Thanks guys only 47 left .

ACES

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:12:41 AM by ACES » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 12:16:01 AM »

2 Shares for me, please, Simon.

Your "Top 30 Money Winners" Stat cuts no ice with us Kidz, mind, - you are Od Skool. & thus hopeless. Tongue firmly in cheek, of course. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »

My flight is booked and so is my hotel .

Should i not sell sufficient shares FOR THE $10,000 PLO , at least 50 ( 20 gone so far ) . i will still go and try to satellite my way in and sell some shares at the WSOP as i did in 2005.

Worse case i will just play STT's and one or two of the No Limit events .

Thanks to those that have requested shares so far.

ACES

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »

I always think that if you are selling shares it is better to be paying something yourself as this instills more confidence in your backers.

Eg , if i sell a minimum of 50 shares at $130 each i will still have to pay $3500 to play and if i sell all 67 i would have to add $1290

I see the most common request on this thread is selling 100% for 70% return ie in this case shares would be $100 each but i would sell 100 and each one would be worth 0.7% this means whereas i am selling shares at 1.3 that are like for like , you buy 5% , you will receive 5% of any return . Selling all 100 shares is equivalent to 1.4 although in most threads the stake is returned first which makes up for the 0.1 difference.

Anyway , would i sell more shares than the current 20 if i switched to selling 100 at $100 each , adding no money but offering to return the stake before any return ?

It is an unusual one as Woodsey who has requested 5% costing $650 would now get 6.5 x 0.7 = 4.55% but would get his stake returned first .

Please discuss .

Cheers

ACES

PS I must be the only player Flushy doesn't offer to stake lol

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 09:51:25 PM »

Stick to how you're doing it now imo.

I personally won't back any 100% stakees unless there are exceptional circumstances. (Flat broke but with very good track record springs to mind).

Putting up cash yourself shows confidence in your own ability which can only be a good thing.

Anybody who can afford some of the buy in themselves but doesn't want to fork out a single penny makes me nervous.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 06:46:24 AM »

Stick to Plan A Simon.

Simple is best.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 01:32:40 PM »

Stick to how you're doing it now imo.

I personally won't back any 100% stakees unless there are exceptional circumstances. (Flat broke but with very good track record springs to mind).

Putting up cash yourself shows confidence in your own ability which can only be a good thing.

Anybody who can afford some of the buy in themselves but doesn't want to fork out a single penny makes me nervous.

Stick to Plan A Simon.

Simple is best.

Thanks for the advice guys
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:22:56 PM by ACES » Logged

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »

Tony's advice seems sensible. It probably does inspire me a bit more to stake if your have some of your own hard earned cash on the line.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 04:09:51 PM by Woodsey » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »

I only really Stake close personal friends, so I'm not your typical Staker. But If I were a regular "proper" staker, I'd want to see.....

1) A properly presented, & well thought out, Staking Proposal.

2) The Staker to have a "significant" Stake him/herself. It HAS to matter to her/him, it HAS to hurt her/him if we don't Cash. For Stakers to put the lot up, & the Player to get all the fun for free, makes no sense at all to me.

3) A proper "Tourney Report" afterwards. "I messed up" is fine, "I got unlucky again" does not count for much.

4) It has to be realistic as to what level/buy-in the staker requests.

I want to be part of the whole thing, so, as I am, effectively, a Shareholder in the Player, those would be my ideals.

I'd really like a few "Template" Staking Proposals to be proposed & agreed, by folks like Flushy, & Simon. This would benefit many, who currently get "no interest".

Yes, I'm a tight, grumpy, miserable so & so. But the truth is, the stakees need to make a "pitch" to the stakers to stand the best chance of success.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 06:29:36 PM »

I mainly stake people who I know on here.
I only vaguely know Simon from playing at DTD.
He seems like a great bloke at DTD and a genuinely nice bloke on this forum.
Plus im V jealous of some of the envelopes Matt has received!  Grin

I think the way your selling the percentage on here is the way it should be done. You have to have some faith in your ability to win or why would anyone else.

I much prefer someone selling 50-70% of themselves at a small premium to someone selling 100% for a cut of the winnings.

Theres a lot of time yet and im sure you will sell a lot more before the deadline. I for one may buy a bit more closer to the time.  Wink

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »

I only really Stake close personal friends, so I'm not your typical Staker. But If I were a regular "proper" staker, I'd want to see.....

2) The Staker to have a "significant" Stake him/herself. It HAS to matter to her/him, it HAS to hurt her/him if we don't Cash. For Stakers to put the lot up, & the Player to get all the fun for free, makes no sense at all to me.

3) A proper "Tourney Report" afterwards. "I messed up" is fine, "I got unlucky again" does not count for much.

I want to be part of the whole thing, so, as I am, effectively, a Shareholder in the Player, those would be my ideals.

I'd really like a few "Template" Staking Proposals to be proposed & agreed, by folks like Flushy, & Simon. This would benefit many, who currently get "no interest".

Yes, I'm a tight, grumpy, miserable so & so. But the truth is, the stakees need to make a "pitch" to the stakers to stand the best chance of success.

Good post Tikay was thinking exactly the same earlier especially regarding point 1, as soon as i see a sloppy proposal it puts me off. Point 2 i don't think is necessarily true, and each stakee has their own personal circumstances.

Regarding internet staking Tanks original post is still one of the best i have seen and his backers(myself included) put the whole stake up.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »

Current Shareholders.

The Mob 10

Evil Pie Matt 8

Woodsey Andrew 5

Stuart 2

Tony 2

Tikay 2

Noel 2

Scott 1

Madasahatstand 1

Pieman 1

Tank 1

So 35 gone , maximum 32 left and at 50 i play whatever happens , cheers

ACES
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:04:13 AM by ACES » Logged

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »

1 share for me plz

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 05:06:38 PM »

Good post Tikay was thinking exactly the same earlier especially regarding point 1, as soon as i see a sloppy proposal it puts me off. Point 2 i don't think is necessarily true, and each stakee has their own personal circumstances.

Regarding internet staking Tanks original post is still one of the best i have seen and his backers(myself included) put the whole stake up.

Putting the whole lot up on a longer term stake is very different to a one off though.

Like Tikay says they get all the fun for no risk at all.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: