blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  REECE FUNDRAISER - Please Read
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: REECE FUNDRAISER - Please Read  (Read 28420 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

I know you two have plenty of bant so obv didn't do a dingdell and think omg Boldie is 3 foot 1 but thought possibility you could be short even though you don't look it from your avatar.

My avatar is life size...well, my head really is that tiny...the rest is normal size.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »

I know you two have plenty of bant so obv didn't do a dingdell and think omg Boldie is 3 foot 1 but thought possibility you could be short even though you don't look it from your avatar.

My avatar is life size...well, my head really is that tiny...the rest is normal size.

If being a fecking giant is normal.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 04:04:41 PM »

1. Oi - I never thought Boldie was a midget

2. Amazing effort Rooky - good luck with it all. xx
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »

If being a fecking giant is normal.

I am normal size...British people are just freakishly short!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 10:41:59 PM »

Thank you to those who have sponsored/donated so far. Much appreiated. An updated table is shown below. I'm not a million miles away from the target I was thinking of at the start, and a few people have indicated they will sponsor in due course.

Made a couple of amendments to my schedule spreadsheet today, basically because I just like playing with spreadhseets and watching the knock on affect on all the little leg mileage/pace/predicted finish times etc! Still due back into Leeds at 5pm on Tuesday after starting at 9.30am on Saturday outside those 3 famousy building things on the mersey!

Sponsor             Potential Donation                Conditions
technolog              26 pounds                           20p/mile
PM ref 1                50
PM ref 2                65                                      50p/mile
Boldie                    52                                      40p/mile if in 4 days (20p if more)
Cia260895              52                                     40p/mile if in 4 days (20p if more)
PM ref 3                20
PM ref 4                20                                      10 if I fall short of the chaalenge set out.
PM ref 5                65                                       50p for each mile completed.
PM ref 6                13                                       £1/ 10 miles
PM ref 7                15                                       £5 for first mile, £5 for getting half way, £5 for finishing
PM ref 8                20                                        Linked to potential winnings
PM ref 9                25
PM ref 10               52
PM ref 11               20
Additional 1             50
Additional 2             33
Additional 3             13

Total                     591
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:46:08 PM by Rooky9 » Logged

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 10:42:52 PM »

This is potentially going to be the most demanding thing I have ever done, and perhaps may ever do.

You're not married are you?

Nope, I guess that statement could change in a few years.

12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 02:31:56 PM »

I'll be eating loads this week. I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to store enough carbs for four days, but I'll give it a shot!! Protein shakes might be needed where possible to help the muscles recover over nights. That and long baths and lots of stretches I guess.

From our exchange of PM's it's clear that you have the determination and sheer bloody-mindedness to see this through.  When fatigue strikes, welcome it as an old friend that will accompany you on your journey.  Don't fight it, just absorb it.  Remember it is speed that kills, not distance.  Provided you stay within your limits, you can keep going virtually forever.  A friend of mine ran 112 miles in 24 hours - a poor effort really, but he was over 70 at the time.......

'Listen to your body' is a hackneyed phrase but it is absolutely spot on.  If you get a niggle, stop and sort it out, particularly hot spots on the feet.  Bang on the Compeed at the first sign of trouble because blisters will stop you in your tracks faster than anything short of a broken leg. I ignored my own advice when I attempted to run the West Highland Way in under 24 hours and had a truly epic fail half way up Loch Lomond i.e. well before the halfway mark. The last mile took me well over an hour and the blisters covered the whole of both heels. This is A Bad Thing and is not recommended!

Stretching - gently, very gently - as a warm-up AND warm-down is essential to reduce injury risk.  The warm-up gets the muscles ready to do the day's business and the warm-down helps to shift the crud that accumulates in the muscle cells.

Expect your calorie intake to treble your norm as you reload the carbs each day.  Pasta, etc. ftw - steak in the evening and a full English breakfast are useless.  I find carbo drinks helpful when the thought of yet more bloody pasta makes me want to throw up.

Will you have a reception committee waiting for you in Leeds so that you can bask in well-deserved moral and physical superiority when you finish? 

Here endeth the first lesson.  This advice is probably worth exactly the amount you paid for it, and comes from a man who was once beaten in the London Marathon by some b****** dressed as an crocodile.

GOOD LUCK!!!

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 06:40:16 PM »

We are hoping to be there along with Reece. Not too sure how to roughly time your arrival at the finish.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 07:20:53 PM »

You're a top man for doing this...GL!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »

Another great post from 12barblues , please post more Sir.

GL Rooky.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »

We are hoping to be there along with Reece. Not too sure how to roughly time your arrival at the finish.

Being the slightly Uncle Bryn type that I am I have a spreadhseet schedule that pretty much covers my movements to the minute for the whole weekend! Obviously this may well change quite signifcantly depending how the muscles react, but it currently has me scheduled to be back in Leeds (near the Royal Armouries/Clarence dock/the white footbridge over the river) at 5pm on Tuesday.

I dont want to put people out and have them travel over to see me finish, but I'm not going to say no to anyone wanting to be a smiling face at the finish line and have a bit of a chat before I hobble off to my bath!

I will have my phone with me so I can post on here at lunch and mid afternoon to give a better idea if people do want to know.

I'm quite shy too though!

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2009, 10:09:50 PM »

Expect your calorie intake to treble your norm as you reload the carbs each day.  Pasta, etc. ftw - steak in the evening and a full English breakfast are useless.  I find carbo drinks helpful when the thought of yet more bloody pasta makes me want to throw up.

Absolutely devestated by this! So I should save my £7.50 on the Sunday morning in Wigan and Tuesday in Gargrave? Damn it, I was looking forward to justifying that!!

12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2009, 10:41:30 PM »

Well, you may have no choice.....so go for it and justify it on the grounds that psychological needs are as important as physical needs  Wink

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 10:47:48 PM »

Being the slightly Uncle Bryn type that I am I have a spreadhseet schedule that pretty much covers my movements to the minute for the whole weekend! Obviously this may well change quite signifcantly depending how the muscles react, but it currently has me scheduled to be back in Leeds (near the Royal Armouries/Clarence dock/the white footbridge over the river) at 5pm on Tuesday.

I dont want to put people out and have them travel over to see me finish, but I'm not going to say no to anyone wanting to be a smiling face at the finish line and have a bit of a chat before I hobble off to my bath!

I will have my phone with me so I can post on here at lunch and mid afternoon to give a better idea if people do want to know.

I'm quite shy too though!

That's great. We will be loitering in Leeds then once I finish work.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2009, 01:32:23 AM »

You're a top man for doing this...GL!

This + put me down for whatever a said earliar in the thread,if a didnt say an amount then just put me down for whateva the bold one is giving he seems keen Smiley vwp on doing this mate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: