blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:06:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand Advice Please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand Advice Please  (Read 3916 times)
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2005, 10:06:36 AM »

Ok, need some advice to see if this move was stupid or just something I should carry on doing that just got caught out last night.

Right, it was £10 Rebuy at Notts Gala last night, down to 13 players, 7 on my table. I have 50k in chips with blinds at 2/4k.

I haven't played a hand since getting moved to the table (card dry) and pick up AJ in mid position. It's passed round to me and I decide to raise and make it 14k to go. Passes round to the BB who calls, leaving her about 20k back.

Flop is 10 8 6 (rainbow)

She checks to me. Pot is 30K and since it's been checked to me I make it 15k....... stupid move?

As it happens she re-raises all in for the extra 5k which I call (hoping I've got at least one live card left), but she turns over pocket tens for trips, which turn into quads on the turn.

So basically, should I be making these moves or was I walking into a fairly obvious trap?

On the plus side, I still managed to final that night (just) without picking up a pair above 10 10 and only one AK through the night.

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:12:20 AM »

It's a standard continuation bet, it looks fine. hard luck she flopped a monster

(I might have stuck it all in over the top of you pre flop with 10s to send a message to the rest of the table, but hey...she hit the perfect flop instead)

Of course we can all criticise with hindsight raising with AJ or whether the raise was the right amount etc, but I don't see much wrong

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:14:06 AM »

If she raises all in pre-flop I can pass easily. However, she's just flat called then checked the flop so I was sensing weakness... got that a big wrong though! 

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 10:17:45 AM »

Nothing wrong with that, just unlucky you walked into trips. Continuation bets either give me a world of excitement or a world of pain, there is no middle ground Cheesy
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 10:33:28 AM »

Unlucky mate. I can't see alot wrong with this to check to you on the flop it is either weakeness or a monster in this case the latter. I think the continuation bet gets through enough here for it to be +EV. I don't see alot wrong with the pre flop raise either. As for flat calling with pocket 10's OOP here im not so sure unless the lady is planning to stop n go and throw it in on a non ace hi flop. Where did you finish? I suspect somewhere between 8th and 10th.
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 11:04:18 AM »

Bang on... 9th. I finalled with 4k with blinds at 3/6k. Announced I was going to move all in blind next hand with 11 left when someone shouted "final!".

Drew seat 9, moved in with one before my BB.

Flop of

Turn As

SB wakes up and starts betting. BB passes. He's got two spades for the straight flush! I was drawing dead I think...

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 11:32:09 AM »

Nothing wrong with that. Just unlucky to run into a monster.

Blinds are big, not much you can do.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 12:18:19 PM »

I agree you did nothing wrong phil.  I think you made the right move to gain information with the continuation bet and she hit her hand big time - that's all.  If you continue  to make moves like you did in the long run you will come out on top!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 12:28:35 PM »

I didn't even know women were capable of checkraising. Blimey! The game's really progressed over the years. Women will be reaching final tables next!!  Roll Eyes Wink
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 12:38:14 PM »

fire in the hole
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 01:43:57 PM »

I think ariston recently said 'i have now remembered AJ is not a raising hand'. i limp in mid position with AJ if i've got loads of chips. If someone moves all in are you calling for most of your chips? I raise cut off or button.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: