blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Football, Football and Football
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Football, Football and Football  (Read 8090 times)
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

I'm as anti Man U as you can be, and my first thought was penalty. Knew Carrick had got to the ball 1st, so understand why the penalty was given.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »

Just saw this for the first time and I'm a complete neutral, I have no love for either team. The keeper makes no contact with the ball and the player gets a touch then goes down. Quite often this results in a penalty regardless of who is involved. Suggestions of cheating by the referee here are ridiculous.

There is no way in hell that Gomes doesn't get the ball. If the keeper makes no contact with the ball i'll give up poker.

I'm as anti Man U as you can be, and my first thought was penalty. Knew Carrick had got to the ball 1st, so understand why the penalty was given.

Really? My first instinct was no pen.

amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »

[/quote]

Only cos the player got to the ball 1st, rather than the keeper. Obv after seeing replays its not a penalty seeing as Gomes got a good touch. But I do understand why the penalty was given

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

United score 5 second half goals and all people can keep banging on about it the decision- let's face it it's not the worst penalty ever given/not given

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »

yeh i agree.

Its obv changed everything and would have loved to see Man Utd lose, as its makes the title so much more fun for the neutral. Even better with relegation battle as it is too. Woulda enjoyed it going down to final last game or 2.

The penalty/non penatly could have obv gone either way, but it DID change the game no doubt about it. Spurs were fighting before that, after that they just lost heart and fell apart completely.

amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2009, 10:42:12 AM »

United score 5 second half goals and all people can keep banging on about it the decision- let's face it it's not the worst penalty ever given/not given

The only reason being is that it did change the game. I'm not actually arsed either way as it was a better result for City.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »

Agree with this, penalty aside, spurs were shocking bad.   

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2009, 10:48:26 AM »

Agree with this, penalty aside, spurs were shocking bad.  

Only AFTER the penalty decision imo.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:50:27 AM by ChipRich » Logged

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »

Yeah but they're professionals, I wouldn't expect a local side to collapse like that after a dodgy descision, yet alone a Prem side.

Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2009, 10:52:32 AM »

Yeah but they're professionals, I wouldn't expect a local side to collapse like that after a dodgy descision, yet alone a Prem side.

A local side wouldn't come up against the immense Wayne ROOOOONEY  though eh?!
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2009, 10:54:09 AM »

fair point, but it does happen and did. And Spurs were good for their 2-0 lead b4 the pen.

The penalty just gave the Man Utd players new hope and belief that they didnt have before the pen which gave them the confidence to romp it in the end.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2009, 10:57:05 AM »

I dunno, have you seen me with my footy boots on??

Um, no Cheesy

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »

fair point, but it does happen and did. And Spurs were good for their 2-0 lead b4 the pen.

The penalty just gave the Man Utd players new hope and belief that they didnt have before the pen which gave them the confidence to romp it in the end.

True..but Spurs were just woeful after that. To concede 4 goals and blame it all on one desicion is just saying "Whenever we hit a spot of bother we crumble like the pathetic ,weak, overpaid girls we really are"

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »

If Webb was sure it should have been a penalty, Gomez should have been sent off.

Why? He wasn't last defender and it wasn't a clear goal scoring chance denied.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2009, 01:06:41 PM »

I dunno, have you seen me with my footy boots on??

Carlton Palmer - Ian Ormondroyd like?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: