blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:34:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  What now ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What now ?  (Read 11338 times)
jonny2jabs
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »

In this situation i think im flatting pre, rather keep the pot small at this stage.

As played, check to showdown. C-betting is committing too much of your stack as he could potentially shove a wide range of draws which we are ahead of.

If (and its a massive if) im going to bet at any stage in this hand it would be a completely blank turn and its checked to me again. But 90% of the time im attempting to get to showdown, and passing to a bet.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 03:04:46 AM »

I like making it 180 pre. In this format keeping pots small whilst also taking the initiative pre is normally always going to be more desirable than making big pots preflop and having to bet/call with stuff like 2 overs and a gutshot/backdoor flush draw as can be standard in MTTs.

That said though, this is a pretty horrendous board for our hand so I like a check/fold. Generally raising pre and bet/folding for a third of your stack is gunna be pretty spewy and generally an undesirable situation.

Shoving pre is also an option and is definitely +EV since we're only 25bbs deep and we very rarely are behind with AQ here and winning this pot increases our stack by 10% but without antes I think the small raise/re-evaluate flop line is best

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:06:17 AM by DMorgan » Logged

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »

think iv just cracked my recent troubles online, when the blinds are 300-600 i like making it 1399 FML
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: