blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272938 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  MTT - Best line please?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTT - Best line please?  (Read 2937 times)
T_Mar

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »

Not that interesting hand but a spot where I probs leak chips late on so looking for advice on how to play this when I get flat called here with shallow stacks....

I'm playing for stacks preflop with the 2 20bb players behind me, but when he flats I'm not sure what best play is oop??

Check/fold is seems so weak, but bet fold is just spew with my stack I think??

Is check raise AI a viable option??

Player hasn't really done anything out of the ordinary, or note worthy since he been at table

Ta

PokerStars Game #30124741412: Tournament #175252885, $40+$4 Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (500/1000) - 2009/07/05 14:16:56 ET
Table '175252885 12' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 2: wimpie98 (29149 in chips)
Seat 3: Medrakil (42732 in chips)
Seat 4: T_Mar79 (19446 in chips)
Seat 5: kim500 (19950 in chips)
Seat 6: Cerin Amroth (18057 in chips)
wimpie98: posts the ante 100
Medrakil: posts the ante 100
T_Mar79: posts the ante 100
kim500: posts the ante 100
Cerin Amroth: posts the ante 100
Cerin Amroth: posts small blind 500
wimpie98: posts big blind 1000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to T_Mar79 [ ]
Medrakil: folds
T_Mar79: raises 1500 to 2500
kim500: calls 2500
Cerin Amroth: folds
wimpie98: folds
*** FLOP *** [ ]
T_Mar79: ??

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:57:20 PM »

check and call his all in.
shove...
check-fold

in that order. Check/raise won't work as he'll be commited by that stage.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Autobetkev

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 03:12:11 PM »

With stack sizes I would prefer the opening raise to be larger, 3.5k. If you get shoved on you have to snap. As played, I prefer a bet of about 3/4 pot and again if shoved on I think we still have to call....

How can you soar like an eagle if you surround yourself with turkeys?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »

It makes no sense to raise more in order to ensure you are pc'd if he shoves, better to leave him as much room as possible to shove worse hands.
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »

With stack sizes I would prefer the opening raise to be larger, 3.5k. If you get shoved on you have to snap. As played, I prefer a bet of about 3/4 pot and again if shoved on I think we still have to call....

I was always calling a shove pre, 2.5 may mean he shoves a touch lighter thinking he can get me off it, so happy with raise size I think... I was expecting shove or fold with his stack, not sure what the flat call means tbh
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:23:20 PM by T_Mar » Logged
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »

check and call his all in.
shove...
check-fold

in that order. Check/raise won't work as he'll be commited by that stage.

Not sure either of us are likely to be open shoving the flop given pot is ~7k and we both have ~16k back??
daviebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »

How many people are left in the tournament ? How far off the money are we ?

If we are needing to double up at this point then I vote for check/raise all-in. If we are on the bubble then bet/fold is probably best.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »

I have the same problem in mtt in these spots with these stacks.. 20 bb's stack with a range of hands (pairs-big aces etc) most of the time the flop is not gonna be ideal so how do u approach it? c-bet folding to a shove sucks. open shoving 20 bigs seems a bit extreme. Help?

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 05:19:52 PM »

Any history here? If he's good he's only peeling here with Aces or Kings and maybe Queens.

As played I either lead/fold or lead/shove villian dependant.

Pre flop play is fine

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »

Any history here? If he's good he's only peeling here with Aces or Kings and maybe Queens.

As played I either lead/fold or lead/shove villian dependant.

Pre flop play is fine

Hadn't seen him do anything out of the ordinary, ...When you say lead/shove.. you mean lead/call a shove?? Would need a pretty good read he was capable of bluff shoving, no??

Agree he should only be calling big hands here
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 07:34:52 PM »

I also think you should raise more pre, I mean not generally at 500/1000, but in this specific situation yes. The strength of your hand is pre-flop and you should play to that strength imo. Increasing the raise size to 3.5k gives you a better chance of taking the pot down uncontested & adding a good 10% to your stack. Considering you will call a jam anyway why does it matter? Because a villain with a hand jams a 2.5k raise but not a 3.5k raise? Nah, I don't think that's true. You could argue the more monies in the pot and the hmmm bigger raise will actually encourage worse to jam more often with these stacks.

If your hand plays better pre then offering the bb 3/1 to see a flop isn't what you want to be doing imo. You also set up a perfect jamming opportunity for your oppos post flop. If you now bet 4k into 7k then your oppo can jam circa 17k into 12k with a wide variety of hands and have a positive expectation. Because this is true I prob bet and call a jam...but it's very much dependant on the villain and villain's perception of you. Raising 2.5k sets you up for a lot of awkward decisions post flop...and hey presto here it is.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »

check.  maybe call 1 street, maybe call 2 streets depends on timing of bets, previous play, villian's nationality and most of all how far on tilt you are.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 08:32:28 PM »

PFR is perfect, mantis 88 plays well post flop.

As played bet then call shove or check/shove either is fine.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »

I also think you should raise more pre, I mean not generally at 500/1000, but in this specific situation yes. The strength of your hand is pre-flop and you should play to that strength imo. Increasing the raise size to 3.5k gives you a better chance of taking the pot down uncontested & adding a good 10% to your stack. Considering you will call a jam anyway why does it matter? Because a villain with a hand jams a 2.5k raise but not a 3.5k raise? Nah, I don't think that's true. You could argue the more monies in the pot and the hmmm bigger raise will actually encourage worse to jam more often with these stacks.

If your hand plays better pre then offering the bb 3/1 to see a flop isn't what you want to be doing imo. You also set up a perfect jamming opportunity for your oppos post flop. If you now bet 4k into 7k then your oppo can jam circa 17k into 12k with a wide variety of hands and have a positive expectation. Because this is true I prob bet and call a jam...but it's very much dependant on the villain and villain's perception of you. Raising 2.5k sets you up for a lot of awkward decisions post flop...and hey presto here it is.

vfvedwvnekrvdksfmkwmckmnrvkmrwldsmclsmkdv mkmsladmwldm,wedfkwefmwkfmwkmfdwlmxlqmdlmfdlkwmfldmlwqd,lqd,l,;lq,
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 09:00:47 PM »

Raise pre is fine, bet call now.

HI HELEN!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: