blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  deposit holder required
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: deposit holder required  (Read 5659 times)
dousche

View Profile WWW
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:01:36 PM »

hi guys, iv agreed to stake a fellow blonde (im not sure if he wants to be named) for mtt sngs on full tilt. as we dont know each other particularly well iv asked if we can arrange a deposit-type scheme with a trusted blonde member. what iv asked is that he transfers $500 to someone on here to be shipped back to him at the end of the arrangement following permission from both of us. anyone interested?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »

dont stake someone you are unsure of in any way.

trust me.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »

dont stake someone you are unsure of in any way.

trust me.

But I don't know you!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 03:10:41 PM »

hi guys, iv agreed to stake a fellow blonde (im not sure if he wants to be named) for mtt sngs on full tilt. as we dont know each other particularly well iv asked if we can arrange a deposit-type scheme with a trusted blonde member. what iv asked is that he transfers $500 to someone on here to be shipped back to him at the end of the arrangement following permission from both of us. anyone interested?

I'm guessing you're shipping the money on Full Tilt? 

At first I thought this was a very sensible idea.  But if you're staking him for a lot more than $500, surely the $500 that's held in escrow is effectively your money from the staking rather than his?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:31:25 PM »

lol this is a joke surely?

If you are going to stake someone you need to trust them or there is no point, fck the escrow.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 03:35:54 PM »

Seems a bit silly mate, after a couple of 'incidents' (see best of blonde) I think we all agreed that we should speak up on potential grimmers and stuff, so I think you would be well advised to ask around and get some reputable blondes to give you their opinions on said horse for your own peace of mind. If he doesnt want to be named, dont stake him.

Probably best avoid it alltogether, especially if he came to you looking for staking.
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »

okies, so people think this im being pretty thick. im not gonna disagree... its a shame that money brings out the worst in people. seeing as you guys with much more experience than me think this is bad then i'll take your word for it. ta very muchly for the advice. stake cancelled
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 04:02:49 PM »

Why dont' you just ask people of their opinion of him if you are unsure?

Was it Fergus?  He paid me back.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 04:10:40 PM »

Kellster?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »

Just to reiterate here what we've said before

You can PM any member of the mod/admin team if you wish to ask questions about a potential stakee

We sometimes, because of posts that have been deleted or subjects that have been raised to us privately, will have information that may help you, or we might be able to point you in the right direction for a reference

Several people will be able to vouch for this when they've asked, and its probably saved them a potential grim!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:19:19 PM »

You can PM any member of the mod/admin team if you wish to ask questions about a potential stakee

We sometimes, because of posts that have been deleted or subjects that have been raised to us privately, will have information that may help you, or we might be able to point you in the right direction for a reference

Several people will be able to vouch for this when they've asked, and its probably saved them a potential grim!

You reading this Cos?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 04:24:09 PM »

You reading this Cos?
Lolz

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »

You reading this Cos?

mfker had 1200 posts.

sghjoshgoshg

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 04:26:06 PM »

You reading this Cos?

mfker had 1200 posts.

sghjoshgoshg

you've got 2500

post count is no indicator

p.s the character reference for your counterparty would have been fine, so there are no promises.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 04:48:39 PM »

Why dont' you just ask people of their opinion of him if you are unsure?

Was it Fergus?  He paid me back.

Its me.

I set up a staking thread a while ago which got little response. And he PM me recently.

I know that I dont know many ppl here or can be trusted 100%.

So I understand everyones point of view with trusting a stranger with your own money.
Just seems that ppl think the worst ppl when they dont know them
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:09:36 PM by paulhouk03 » Logged

Just me
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: