blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:37:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191668 times)
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »

Some peeps keep weight loss vlogs on youtube, I think it's a great idea. Doesn't need to include your face if you don't want obv. Would be nice maybe to take a pic a day with a pic/info about how much exercise you did and what you ate, would act as a great incentive. Saw a couple with a huge number of hits. One guy fully committed to 8 month's program, developed a hugge following, then did one LOL. Came back bigger but apologetic and restarted. Maybe he was away writing quizzes or something.  Kiss

Are you Herbert?

No mate, is that some youtube weightloss blogger?
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 12:20:15 PM »

Some stuffs

Soup can be good

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8068733.stm

I liked the rice diet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_Diet

I use SportyPal on my smartphone, it's pretty neat for tracking calories burned

http://sportypal.com/

good luck!
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 12:23:22 PM »

This usually depresses me - I go for an hours swim, half hour on a bike and an hour on the rowing machine in the gym.

Then I work out I've burnt enough calories to cover about half my breakfast Sad

I think it might sometimes be better just not to know - because you don't half feel healthy. Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »

This usually depresses me - I go for an hours swim, half hour on a bike and an hour on the rowing machine in the gym.

Then I work out I've burnt enough calories to cover about half my breakfast Sad

I think it might sometimes be better just not to know - because you don't half feel healthy. Cheesy

I have a last gen smartphone, quite heavy, burns more cals Smiley

I think they measure calories burned due to the work of the task, but the calories the task *causes to be burned* can extend well beyond the time of the workout itself, into the next day.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »

I think the interview went well and i should hear something next week.

Just about to have my tea then heading to the G at Bolton tonight to scoop!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »

I go for an hours swim, half hour on a bike and an hour on the rowing machine in the gym.

try working out with some intensity, an hour on the rowing machine is ridic, why not do 2 mins sprint on the bike followed by 2 mins as hard and fast as poss on the rower followed by 2 mins rest for as many rounds as poss until you faint or puke up, jump in the pool to cool down, then a few days later do it again and see how many more rounds you can do.

why are there millions of recreational marathon runners and 7 recreational 800 meter runners? why does girgy prefer to walk for half an hour than stand up/lie down for 10 mins?

intensity is too hard innit

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:27:18 PM by byronkincaid » Logged
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »

I go for an hours swim, half hour on a bike and an hour on the rowing machine in the gym.

try working out with some intensity, an hour on the rowing machine is ridic, why not do 2 mins sprint on the bike followed by 2 mins as hard and fast as poss on the rower followed by 2 mins rest for as many rounds as poss until you faint or puke up, jump in the pool to cool down, then a few days later do it again and see how many more rounds you can do.

why are there millions of recreational marathon runners and 7 recreational 800 meter runners? why does girgy prefer to walk for half an hour than stand up/lie down for 10 mins?

intensity is too hard innit

Just taking the first week steady mate.

Im sure im gonna need your help down the line!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2009, 05:31:36 PM »

wasn't having a go, happy you're making a start, just trying to make the point that many many people go to the gym and walk on the treadmill while reading a magazine and wonder why they do it for years and get no results. I absolutely agree you should be starting off slowly, but in time think about doing shorter, harder stuff, it will work better I promise.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »

Next week im gonna start introducing some jogging in parts of my walk and build it up a bit more.

When i did go to the gym i used to do a 1 hour speed interval session on the treadmill, Doing 2 mins walking/2 mins running so i hope to get back into that when ive sorted a Gym out!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »

Your body will just adapt to whatever it's doing and you will find that activity easy with time.

When I was doing Brazilian Ju Jitsu we had 2 marathon runners turn up to have a go. Obviously they were super fit guys who could run for over 2 hours but after 2 minutes gentle sparring for the first time they were ready to throw up.

On the other hand if any of the guys I trained with tried to run the 50 metres back to our cars after our session we would probably just die.

This is what happens. You become fit for whatever activity it is you perform on a regular basis. Unless you change the intensity or the activity you will be doing yourself very little benefit.

This is what you will find Girgy. After a short while your 2 mile walk will be easy and will have no affect. You will need to do something different to maintain any progress.

I guess the key is variation. Walk, run, play squash, swim, gym, whatever.

It doesn't matter what you do as long as you struggle to do it. Presumably at the moment your 2 mile walk isn't easy. When it becomes easy you need to change, either by walking further and faster or by changing what you do completely.

Byron is spot on with his lying down and standing up routine. That's one of the thing I used to do regularly for a warm up and it's an absolute killer. It works more muscles than you would ever believe.

I have to say this thread is making me want to get back in to it. Unfortunately I'm a lazy bastardo so it's unlikely for a while.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »

This is what you will find Girgy. After a short while your 2 mile walk will be easy and will have no affect. You will need to do something different to maintain any progress.

I agree that it's best to vary the type of training and put in 'hard' and anaerobic training as well as walking. After a while the 2 mile walk will be easier but from then until ...forever it will continue to confer massive health benefits, as well as causing you to lose weight if you continue to eat sensibly. A 2 mile walk 4 days a week is waaaay more than most people get for exercise, and it's actually quite a lot of work if you're heavy to begin with.
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc1.htm
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2009, 07:19:58 PM »

Can you take steroids to uniquely lose weight?

One of my pals was a big guy but he was a bit fat but he didnt really train to lose weight when he was training but he lost a LOT of weight very quickly and got ripped but that was just a side effect of him training with roids, i think it's sustonal(sp) to get you ripped and deca(sp) to bulk up so can you just take the one that gets you ripped as a weight loss aid?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:22:29 PM by bolt pp » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2009, 07:28:45 PM »

^^^ Don't take steroids whatever you do. they are primarily to build muscle and you need to know what your doing with them, correct dose titration etc, even then there is a significant chance of side effects.

With your current weight just do plenty of exercise, eat properly and healthily (don't diet) and the weight will fall off. I'm currently hitting the gym hard to lose some lbs at the moment, one of the rules I have set myself is that I can only play poker on days when I've done at least 30 mins exercise. Basically sitting down playing poker= you will get fat so do something to counteract it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:40:56 PM by Woodsey » Logged
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »

^^^ Don't take steroids whatever you do. they are primarily to build muscle and you need to know what your doing with them, correct dose titration etc, even then there is a significant chance of side effects.

With your current weight just do plenty of exercise, eat properly and healthily (don't diet) and the weight will fall off. I'm currently hitting the gym hard to lose some lbs at the moment, one of the rules I have set myself is that I can only play poker on days when I've done at least 30 mins exercise. Basically sitting sown playing poker= you will get fat so do something to counteract it.

I wasnt suggesting he run out and turn into the incredible hulk, i'm just wondering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: