blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191625 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2009, 07:37:06 PM »

Bodybuilders tend to take other supplements to help burn fat which aren't safe either.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2009, 07:43:43 PM »

Bodybuilders tend to take other supplements to help burn fat which aren't safe either.

not everyone that takes steroids are bodybuilders though, if you wanted to lose weight what is the steroid that endurance athletes take, like the little skinny cyclists etc, if you wanted to just lose weight you couldnt take that(is it nandrolon or epo or whatever) the stuff lance armstrong was supposed to have taken to give you more endurance and stamina when training to lose weight?

I took steroids once for a couple of weeks but i didnt train properly so they didnt do shit, my pals would do 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off, but then one of my pals turned yellow and had to go to hospital, and that was enough for me, my pals used to get bad side effects i think from water retention my pals face used to swell up like a hampster and my other pal got bad acne on his back terrible.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2009, 07:50:35 PM »

EPO is used to increase the amount of O2 red blood cells can absorb so helps endurance athletes. Nandrolone is basically an anabolic steroid that is used to build muscle mass normally. The other reason athletes use it is because you can recover from training sessions quicker and basically train harder as a result, you wouldn't use it to help burn off fat.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »

I go for an hours swim, half hour on a bike and an hour on the rowing machine in the gym.

try working out with some intensity, an hour on the rowing machine is ridic, why not do 2 mins sprint on the bike followed by 2 mins as hard and fast as poss on the rower followed by 2 mins rest for as many rounds as poss until you faint or puke up, jump in the pool to cool down, then a few days later do it again and see how many more rounds you can do.

why are there millions of recreational marathon runners and 7 recreational 800 meter runners? why does girgy prefer to walk for half an hour than stand up/lie down for 10 mins?

intensity is too hard innit

Cheesy I used to be a bit more sensible when I went to either the gym or swimming before work on a regular basis - but now I commute so far they're not open early enough and I can't be arsed to do it after work.

That kind of workout is now what I do whenever I stay in a hotel because I want to make the most of the facilities - absolutely spot on it's down to difficulty, I'm not fussed about getting fit I just do what I enjoy the most now.

I might consider the intensive training idea for swimming though, could be an interesting challenge. Although that does involve the minimum amount of effort of getting a bus into town -  so it's probable not likely to last more than a fortnight. Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2009, 08:18:11 PM »

Clenbuterol is a steroid for asthma which bodybuilders take ,due to its side effects which are muscle growth and weight loss.
I had a pal who was on so much deca his balls turned black lol
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:20:29 PM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2009, 09:25:33 PM »

I know not in the same league as roids but I was on creatine for quite a while about 4/5 years ago when I was 17-18. I got pretty big and couldn't train for a week because of exams or something and my heart would just speed up and slow down randomly a couple of times every day for 3 or 4 days. Scared the shit outta me and won't touch anything again.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »

we used to take creatine but when i was really young but my pals were 16 and 17 and i was 15 so i think my body wasnt fully developed to handle it and i used to take shit loads but never used to mix it properly just used to eat spoonfulls of it with orange juice and i had the worst runs ever and was sick a lot, weird really that that stuff fucked me up but steroids was alright.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »

Slight Brag post coming up.

Went to Bolton G last night and Scooped £1k in a 3 way chop.

There were 125 runners for the £20 double chance which took around £4.6k. I didnt have the best run of cards but managed to turn my 6k starting stack into 30k at the break. Only had 1 premium hand      right up until the last two tables. Pulled two crazy bluffs with    and  Two Diamonds  three diamonds on my first table which annoyed this one guy. Moved tables and was sat next to Mel Lofthouse, a limped pot saw me check  three clubs  in the BB, Flop came    two spades  and Mel bets 6k from 1st position, i move in behind her and she calls with    and i double thru. Then i got the biggest hand id seen all night    and raised it up to 40k and the chip leader on my table moved in after me, I call and love it when he flips    and i double thru to about 200k(1.3mill in play). Made the final as chip leader then find     again after a short stack had pushed all in, i snapped him and he shows    he fails to hit and im upto about 350k. I then took a player out blind on blind, he limps and i check my    Flop comes      and he moves all in and i snap him off he shows    Turn is another 6 and he misses the 2 outer and i was upto 600k. Got down to 3 handed and lost a coupe of big pots and was down to 180k before doubling back up again. After that hand we were all pretty even and i offered a deal and we all took £1k each.

On the weight loss front i am feeling better about myself already after 3 days. Bit knackered after getting in at 5.30am this morning but im gonna head out for a walk later on this afternoon.

When i was training before i used to take something called Efferdrine (spelling?) which speed your heart rate up. I felt good whilst using that and i still have some left but im not gonna start using it again until i get a bit fitter.

Cheers for all the advice tho guys.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »

Congrats on the start to this.
Maybe consider buying a heart rate monitor, it will keep your training intensity at the right levels once you become fitter
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »

Ephidrine is just a mild form of speed and a strong form of caffeine.

It doesn't just speed your heart up. It is a stimulant which gives you an energy high. Speeding up of the heart is one of the things this high causes. The ephedra itself doesn't directly speed up your heart.

Avoid it while you are over weight imo. You don't want to put extra pressure on your heart.

It's an effective fat burner without a doubt but you don't need it unless you're looking to get ripped. That's not for a while yet.

Main problem with ephidrine imo is that it gives you a high and also associated lows. This means that you will start to need it to overcome the lows. You start with 1 tablet and love it because you get a buzz and your training is brilliant. Some time soon you feel tired and lethargic so take a tablet to pick you up and it's brilliant again.

Before long 1 tablet isn't enough to overcome the low so you take 2. This gives a bigger low. So on and so forth.......

Ephidrine can be safe but you have to be really strict with your intake. If I were you I'd avoid it like swine flu atm.

Whilst you're overweight just have a coffee. That has similar effects just a lot milder.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »

Well done Girgy.

Not suggesting anything but £1k is like 3 years worth of gym membership! You could pay upfront for one and still have the bulk of the money to do as you like.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2009, 12:50:18 PM »

Ephidrine is just a mild form of speed and a strong form of caffeine.

It doesn't just speed your heart up. It is a stimulant which gives you an energy high. Speeding up of the heart is one of the things this high causes. The ephedra itself doesn't directly speed up your heart.

Avoid it while you are over weight imo. You don't want to put extra pressure on your heart.

It's an effective fat burner without a doubt but you don't need it unless you're looking to get ripped. That's not for a while yet.

Main problem with ephidrine imo is that it gives you a high and also associated lows. This means that you will start to need it to overcome the lows. You start with 1 tablet and love it because you get a buzz and your training is brilliant. Some time soon you feel tired and lethargic so take a tablet to pick you up and it's brilliant again.

Before long 1 tablet isn't enough to overcome the low so you take 2. This gives a bigger low. So on and so forth.......

Ephidrine can be safe but you have to be really strict with your intake. If I were you I'd avoid it like swine flu atm.

Whilst you're overweight just have a coffee. That has similar effects just a lot milder.

Totally Agree cheers mate.

P.s i hate coffee.

Well done Girgy.

Not suggesting anything but £1k is like 3 years worth of gym membership! You could pay upfront for one and still have the bulk of the money to do as you like.

Will look into this straight away mate cheers!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2009, 01:07:26 PM »

Bit of extra info for you. There are actually quite a lot of side effects associated with Ephedrine its not as safe as people think. I was reading something a few months back about the FDA (US drug authorities) and the fact they may withdraw Ephedrine based drugs from the market because of concerns over safety.

As I've said before at your weight if you eat properly and exercise enough the weight will fall off. Don't use any of the athletes supplements that are out there, the side effects can be quite serious in some and its not worth fucking about with your health.
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2009, 01:53:03 PM »

Slight Brag post coming up.

Went to Bolton G last night and Scooped £1k in a 3 way chop.

There were 125 runners for the £20 double chance which took around £4.6k. I didnt have the best run of cards but managed to turn my 6k starting stack into 30k at the break. Only had 1 premium hand      right up until the last two tables. Pulled two crazy bluffs with    and  Two Diamonds  three diamonds on my first table which annoyed this one guy. Moved tables and was sat next to Mel Lofthouse, a limped pot saw me check  three clubs  in the BB, Flop came    two spades  and Mel bets 6k from 1st position, i move in behind her and she calls with    and i double thru. Then i got the biggest hand id seen all night    and raised it up to 40k and the chip leader on my table moved in after me, I call and love it when he flips    and i double thru to about 200k(1.3mill in play). Made the final as chip leader then find     again after a short stack had pushed all in, i snapped him and he shows    he fails to hit and im upto about 350k. I then took a player out blind on blind, he limps and i check my    Flop comes      and he moves all in and i snap him off he shows    Turn is another 6 and he misses the 2 outer and i was upto 600k. Got down to 3 handed and lost a coupe of big pots and was down to 180k before doubling back up again. After that hand we were all pretty even and i offered a deal and we all took £1k each.

On the weight loss front i am feeling better about myself already after 3 days. Bit knackered after getting in at 5.30am this morning but im gonna head out for a walk later on this afternoon.

When i was training before i used to take something called Efferdrine (spelling?) which speed your heart rate up. I felt good whilst using that and i still have some left but im not gonna start using it again until i get a bit fitter.

Cheers for all the advice tho guys.

Brag post, 4 calories, keep it up Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2009, 01:53:29 PM »

Well done Girgy.

Fuck off Cos!!!

Gambling profits are not for gym memberships.

Lap dancers and more gambling ftw!!!!!

Wages are for needs gambling money is for wants.

Girgy needs to go to the gym therefore that must come out of wages.

He wants to gamble and hopefully look at boobs so that comes out of gambling profits.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: