blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:44:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191567 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2009, 09:48:52 AM »

Why do the hands & feet absorb water though?

I typed that exact phrase into google, and:

its something called: Osmosis....which is the movement of water from one area to another. Water moves out from your hands and feet and makes them wrinkly. The difference between hands & feet..and other body parts, is that your hands and feet have an extra layer of skin.

Now you know.

But why, whats the point of it?

There is no point.  There is a reason that the oils are secreted elsewhere to create a water-proof barrier, as we evolved as river-side dwellers and spent a large amount of time in the water (well, that's one major theory that's widely supported).  We don't have the oils secreted on our hands and feet for grip I guess?  We've evolved that way, and the disadvantage of absorbing water through the skin on hour hands and feet is outweighed by the advantage gained by the grip it gives us for making tools and holding things, etc.  We are far from perfect - as we weren't 'designed'.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2009, 10:28:11 AM »

Managed to haul my ass out of bed this morning and go for a walk!

Just to watch what I eat today now!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »

Good work fella.  Get into that routine.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2009, 10:46:10 AM »

Good work fella.  Get into that routine.

This is the key. Routine wins every time.

GL.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2009, 11:10:50 AM »

Why do the hands & feet absorb water though?

I typed that exact phrase into google, and:

its something called: Osmosis....which is the movement of water from one area to another. Water moves out from your hands and feet and makes them wrinkly. The difference between hands & feet..and other body parts, is that your hands and feet have an extra layer of skin.

Now you know.

But why, whats the point of it?

There is no point.  There is a reason that the oils are secreted elsewhere to create a water-proof barrier, as we evolved as river-side dwellers and spent a large amount of time in the water (well, that's one major theory that's widely supported).  We don't have the oils secreted on our hands and feet for grip I guess?  We've evolved that way, and the disadvantage of absorbing water through the skin on hour hands and feet is outweighed by the advantage gained by the grip it gives us for making tools and holding things, etc.  We are far from perfect - as we weren't 'designed'. God works in mysterious ways, it is not for you to question them but only to accept that He knows best.

FYP.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »

Kinboshi works in mysterious ways, it is not for you to question them but only to accept that He knows best.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2009, 11:56:22 AM »

You're going great guns!

Seriously impressed and congrats on sticking to it! Good Luck!

TY

Just need to get my lazy arse out of bed in the morning and go for a walk!!

run as fast/hard as u can for even 5mins do that every day build up some tolerance , waste of time walking for an hr

Eh? Walking is a great form of exercise. Girgy is 22st + Running is the last thing he needs to be doing at the moment. I'm 16st and if i had to run for 5 mins as fast as i could, i prob wouldn't want to run again for a fortnight, besides i might drop my kebab if i run too fast.

Keep up the good work Girgy. Doing well imo.

hahaha. keep it goin Girg's, dont fkin quit and stay motivated! gl mate

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »

Kinboshi works in mysterious ways, it is not for you to question them but only to accept that He knows best.

We could be on to something here.

Everyone knows that Satan's greatest deception was convincing people that he didn't exist.

Maybe Kinboshi God's trying to do the same thing by constantly blabbering on about how he doesn't exist either?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »

Everyone knows that Satan's greatest deception was convincing people that he didn't exist.

Maybe Kinboshi God's trying to do the same thing by constantly blabbering on about how he doesn't exist either?

And that's why Mozes TK doesn't dare ban him..after all, they go back a long way and he knows who Boshi really is.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »

And that's why Mozes TK doesn't dare ban him..after all, they go back a long way and he knows who Boshi really is.

He is obviously testing our faith, we really shouldn't let Him down

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
salfi

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

devils and demons wtf.    aslong as the poker gods keep rewarding me they will keep me safe from poverty and homlessness
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2009, 10:55:03 AM »

Just been on my walk! Will post my weigh in details later...

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:31 AM »

Get in there my son!!

It's becoming a habit...

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »

Everytime I got on the scales it gave me a different bloody Reading!!

Might invest in some new ones!!

Manual or electronic ones?

Pros and cons?

G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2009, 12:07:19 PM »

Everytime I got on the scales it gave me a different bloody Reading!!

Might invest in some new ones!!

Manual or electronic ones?

Pros and cons?
Digital over analogue every time. You get decent ones with metal feetpads that measure your body resistance to work out some kind of body water/ body fat content. Argos ftw.

Keep it up. Boldie got it right, your goal at the moment is to establish a habit.
I find walking a bit boring so I always bring tunes and try to change my route. Can't run atm, doctor's advice/fked knee. Walking 45 mins a day is a lot more exercise than commonly thought, especially if you have a few extra pounds.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: