blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:00:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191691 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 30, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »

No I was saying the above line was complete balls

Obviously for the best results gym and better eating.

But saying that going to the gym is a waste if he doesnt change his diet is utter rubbish.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »

But saying that going to the gym is a waste if he doesnt change his diet is utter rubbish.

I really don't think you realise how much of it is to do with diet.

Matt will tell you on curry night....

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
salfi

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »

all fitness has a positive affect on mental state self esteam etc etc. feel good and it radiates to that bitch u wanta bang.  so i hear
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »

I really don't think you realise how much of it is to do with diet.

Matt will tell you on curry night....

Jees man i thought you had a nonce of common sense about you

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2009, 11:17:34 PM »

Right been reading these replies while at work today and think i should have my say....

Im getting the impression from people that they think i am just going to the gym and doing half a job then coming home and stuffing my face with shit! This is not the case! Just cos i dont wanna write down what food im eating doesnt mean to say its all rubbish that i eat!

When i go to the gym and get on the treadmill i dont like it but i feel good after i come off and i come of sweating my bollocks off! I may not write this in my updates but i will in future! I dont just get in the pool and faff about i amdoing as many lenghts as i can and then i chill out in the steam room then hit the showers!

There seams to be a big devide on what exercise is best being cardio or weights etc... I have been going to the gym over a month now since my faliure and i am steadily getting into a routine and slowly upping my exercise! But what i am doing now is 100 times better than over a month ago where i was doing NO exercise and eating a lot of crap!

I have gone from doing no exercise and eating 2 bags of crisps and a chocolate bar and other junk to going to the gym 4-6 times a week and changing my eating a hell of a lot! I know this is gonna take a bit of time to get where i need to be but im on the right course!

To Cos: When i speak to you on MSN i expect that to be private and not for you to post on this thread about things i have explained to you! I thank you for getting me started with this but as you have said twice before you are done with the thread etc... if thats the case then fine mate!

To others that have sent me advice ty very much!

So today at the gym i did 36 minutes on the tredmill. I covered 3.5km burning 450 calories. Like i said above i came off the tredmill wet thru with sweat! I then had 5 minutes on the punch bag letting rip with some rights and lefts. After that i got in the pool, i mixed up my stokes and paces.

I am going to up the time on the tredmill to 45 minutes on saturdays and i hope to be back upto 60 minutes by next month!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:42 PM »

To Cos: When i speak to you on MSN i expect that to be private and not for you to post on this thread about things i have explained to you! I thank you for getting me started with this but as you have said twice before you are done with the thread etc... if thats the case then fine mate!

Sorry mate I didn't think I'd posted anything out of line but I shouldnt have mentioned our convo  - fair play seems you're making an effort just maybe not conveying it well on the thread.

I wasn't being a ***** because I like being a *****, I really wanna see you achieve something with this. I'll be the first to pat you on the back when things are going well but I'll give you an earful at times when I don't think you're doing what you should. That's just me.

Keep going and gl.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
salfi

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2009, 12:33:02 AM »

be interesting to see you blog ya thoughts about how u feel. when i come out of the gym sometimes i feel dissapointed as i feel i havnt done enough. do u ever get this?   i try me best but sometimes my body wont do what the mind wants me to do. do u feel when uve had a good train less tempted to eat shitty foods?
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 01, 2009, 09:08:50 AM »

be interesting to see you blog ya thoughts about how u feel. when i come out of the gym sometimes i feel dissapointed as i feel i havnt done enough. do u ever get this?   i try me best but sometimes my body wont do what the mind wants me to do. do u feel when uve had a good train less tempted to eat shitty foods?

Sure wont

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »

Right 2 sessions to report...

Yesterday i did 36 minutes on the treadmill. I covered 3.4km burning 440 calories. I mixed my session up doing 1min 30 @ 5km/7km alternate then midway through i did 8 minutes of hill walking @ 5km with gradients of 3/5/3/7 so going easy hard easy harder. I the finised off back at 5km/7km alternate. I came off sweating like a fat bloke in a cake shop!

I know there is room for impovement on this and am going to be upping the time to 45 minutes tomorrow.

Today is supposed to be a rest day but instead i went for a swim. Nothing to extreme today as im gonna have a big session tomorrow before DTD!

On another note i was chatting to a guy at the gym today and he recomended a supliment called Phase 2 which is a Carb Blocker...Just wondered if anybody had any advice on this?

http://www.good4you.co.uk/store.asp?catId=4&gclid=CIfq9t-Enp0CFWAB4wodAEaI1g

Cheers

Girgy

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: October 02, 2009, 10:44:20 AM »

Good work fella - sounds like you're winding it up nicely.  You'll be running for over an hour soon and not even blinking.

I wouldn't waste your money on any of that supplement crap.  There aren't shortcuts to get to where you're going, and those supplements will just make your wallet lighter...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »

Good work fella - sounds like you're winding it up nicely.  You'll be running for over an hour soon and not even blinking.

I wouldn't waste your money on any of that supplement crap.  There aren't shortcuts to get to where you're going, and those supplements will just make your wallet lighter...

At the moment im not constantly running the full 36min! But i have done before whilst out in Oz so i know i can do it! Im just building it up before i get to that stage with some interval training!

I will be upto 60mins interval training by next month!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: October 02, 2009, 10:58:57 AM »

Yesterday i did 36 minutes on the treadmill. I covered 3.4km burning 440 calories. I mixed my session up doing 1min 30 @ 5km/7km alternate then midway through i did 8 minutes of hill walking @ 5km with gradients of 3/5/3/7 so going easy hard easy harder. I the finised off back at 5km/7km alternate. I came off sweating like a fat bloke in a cake shop!

I know there is room for impovement on this and am going to be upping the time to 45 minutes tomorrow.

Today is supposed to be a rest day but instead i went for a swim. Nothing to extreme today as im gonna have a big session tomorrow before DTD!

On another note i was chatting to a guy at the gym today and he recomended a supliment called Phase 2 which is a Carb Blocker...Just wondered if anybody had any advice on this?

Cheers

Girgy

The last time I had a blocked carb, it was on a 1968 Cortina with a 1.6L OHV "Kent" Straight-4  engine.

The blockage, (When I eventually found it) turned out to be a berry from a hawthorn bush. What a bugger that was.

God knows how it got in there, I recon it must have been stuck to the nozzle of the filler in the petrol station.

The older I get, the better I was.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2009, 11:05:26 AM »

Cheers

Girgy

The last time I had a blocked carb, it was on a 1968 Cortina with a 1.6L OHV "Kent" Straight-4  engine.

The blockage, (When I eventually found it) turned out to be a berry from a hawthorn bush. What a bugger that was.

God knows how it got in there, I recon it must have been stuck to the nozzle of the filler in the petrol station.

Those god damn berrys!!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »

Seriously Girgy don't use supplements especially carb blockers. Just cut your carb intake a bit instead ldo.

Supplements make a big difference when you're training at high intensity but there's absolutely nothing that you can't achieve at the moment simply by training as you are and making a few improvements to your diet.

If you buy supplements you'll just get pissed off and de-motivated because you'll wonder why they don't work.

Good to hear you were sweating like a fat bloke in a cake shop. Sounds a lot better than "finished off with a nice relaxing sauna" doesn't it? Eye of the tiger!!!!

Your next goal should be to finish your session sweating like a nonce in a nursery.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 03, 2009, 11:43:37 AM »

Just got home from the gym....

Today i stepped it up a gear! I did 45 minutes on the treadmill covering 4.6km and burning 550 calories.With about 7 minutes to go i got a tingle in my legs and felt good and finished off strongly. I am just 0.2km off of 3 miles now so my next aim will be to do 4.8km in under 45 mins! I came off the treadmill sweating like a fat birds crack!

Did a quick powerswim before hitting the jacuzzi and steam room!

I feel in good shape for DTD today and hope this helps me mentally!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: