blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:06:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191635 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: November 28, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »

is the gym closed on sundays?

No i dont think it is!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 28, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »

Girgy ... can I give you a bit of advice ?

Fk it, I am going to anyway. I hope you take it in the spirit it is intended and accept that it is from someone who knows the score.

Either do this properly or just admit that at the moment you are not in the right "place" to continue .. fannying around half arsed is not going to do you any good at all, this kind of life change needs 100% commitment or it will just destroy you.

You need to start documenting EXACTLY what you shove in your gob, and analyse it !

There are plenty of people on here who are shit hot with dietary knowledge and would be more than happy to give you advice, or alternatively you have teh internetz.. use it to find the answers if you feel that you do not want to go public about what you eat.

what you are trying to achieve is not just a weight loss, it's a lifestyle change and without determination, willpower and honesty you WILL fail.

What are you going to do at Xmas when temptation is everywhere ? do you have the strength of mind to just pass the quality street tin to the next person without snapping up a few of those lovely purple ones ?  If not, then set yourself a new start date, January the 7th or whatever ... take the pressure off yourself now and prepare properly for a "new start" AND DO IT PROPERLY.

Like I said, there are plenty of people on here who (despite the piss taking and little digs) actually care and would genuinely help you, but you have to be honest with both them and yourself for any of this shit to work.

Whatever you do I wish you all the best.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 28, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »

Girgy ... can I give you a bit of advice ?

Fk it, I am going to anyway. I hope you take it in the spirit it is intended and accept that it is from someone who knows the score.

Either do this properly or just admit that at the moment you are not in the right "place" to continue .. fannying around half arsed is not going to do you any good at all, this kind of life change needs 100% commitment or it will just destroy you.

You need to start documenting EXACTLY what you shove in your gob, and analyse it !

There are plenty of people on here who are shit hot with dietary knowledge and would be more than happy to give you advice, or alternatively you have teh internetz.. use it to find the answers if you feel that you do not want to go public about what you eat.

what you are trying to achieve is not just a weight loss, it's a lifestyle change and without determination, willpower and honesty you WILL fail.

What are you going to do at Xmas when temptation is everywhere ? do you have the strength of mind to just pass the quality street tin to the next person without snapping up a few of those lovely purple ones ?  If not, then set yourself a new start date, January the 7th or whatever ... take the pressure off yourself now and prepare properly for a "new start" AND DO IT PROPERLY.

Like I said, there are plenty of people on here who (despite the piss taking and little digs) actually care and would genuinely help you, but you have to be honest with both them and yourself for any of this shit to work.

Whatever you do I wish you all the best.

Thanx Kev

I read your thread when you started this and i recall that you didnt post about everything that you put in your gob! Why didnt you post an exact day by day account of your food intake?

Since i made the prop bet with Cos i havnt touched a single sweet, chocolate bar, or bag of crisps! I have made a lot of changes to my diet! Yes there is probably a few things that i could need tweeking! What i will do if anybody would like to help me with diet i will PM them everyday with what i ate that day and they can advise me privately. If nobody is interested in doing that then thats fine. Any tips regarding calories/carbs/protein/logging results etc would be helpfull.

Im gonna allow myself a few treats over the Christmas period but i will have a schedule for the gym also!

I have been losing weight steadily and im happy with that! I have a trip to Vegas to look fwd to!!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 28, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

it's a bit hassley to start with but if you log everything you eat in fitday for a couple of weeks after that you pretty much know what you are taking in.

http://www.fitday.com/

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 28, 2009, 02:19:10 PM »

it's a bit hassley to start with but if you log everything you eat in fitday for a couple of weeks after that you pretty much know what you are taking in.

http://www.fitday.com/

Thanx

Just setting some things up! Just what i need to track my weight and my goals! Thanks for this!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 02:26:50 PM by Girgy85 » Logged

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 28, 2009, 02:22:29 PM »

I read your thread when you started this and i recall that you didnt post about everything that you put in your gob! Why didnt you post an exact day by day account of your food intake?

I was mega anal about calories, looking back (and looking in the mirror) I did it wrong ... I lost the weight too quickly.

I didn't post everything I ate, because I didn't need to, I was losing shit loads of weight all the time, but the diet I was on was not sustainable long term, hence why I have put it all back on again.

I am starting again in the new year, but will be doing things a bit differently this time.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 28, 2009, 02:27:22 PM »

I need to lose 22kgs by 1/7/10

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »

that's 2lbs a week? that is safe weight loss. you need to be eating 7K calories a week less than maintenance, fitday will tell you what that is. i believe that sugar and refined carbs are morish, they make you want to eat more and more so it's easier to lose weight eating mostly protein and fat and veg.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »

that's 2lbs a week? that is safe weight loss. you need to be eating 7K calories a week less than maintenance, fitday will tell you what that is. i believe that sugar and refined carbs are morish, they make you want to eat more and more so it's easier to lose weight eating mostly protein and fat and veg.

How many calories a day am i allowed? and how many do i need to be eating to be losing weight? ATM im 136kg
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 02:41:44 PM by Girgy85 » Logged

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 28, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »

spend some time playing with fitday, i just plugged some rough figures in saying you are 6 foot and totally sedentary and it says to maintain your weight you need to be eating 3200 cals a day. there are 3500 cal in a pound of fat, we want to lose 2 lbs a week so 7K a week = 1K a day so very roughly 2200 cals a day.

and still exercise ldo, it's totally acheiveable dude, 2200 cals is a lot of meat, fish and vegatables. don't drink calories. ezpz

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 28, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »

Guys lay off with the food joke please! TY

Well i have not been to the gym for about 2 weeks now! I have been ill and not just a sore throat as Cos pointed out. I came down with tonsilitus and then i got conjunctivitus in my eye. Yes i did struggle to eat and i have been waking up feeling terrible and hocking up green phlegm. Excuses aside and the last few days i have just become lazy again to be honest! But i decided i would start back at the gym this morning!

So i set my alarm for 9am this morning, i snoozed for about half hour before forcing myself to get up and get ready for the gym! I need to get back into my routine again!

So i got to the gym about 10am. I did 3.3km on the tredmill in 32 minutes. My breating felt ok apart from a few coughing sessions! But i was happy with the work out!

I warmed down in the pool and then had a jacuzzi and a steam room to finish off. I feel better now for getting back into it and im off to play poker at Gala today for the first time in a month!

Back to the gym monday for me again and i will get weighed too.

Sorry mate I might seem abit of a cock but I do think its important. Its good what your trying to do but its not gonna be easy. I suppose my comments are not very helpful in any way. When I feel ill I always hit the sauna works wonders imo

Just me
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 28, 2009, 03:28:06 PM »

Girgy I really want you to succeed with this but I think the reason people have taken the piss sometimes on here is because it's clear you aren't going for it wholeheartedly.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 28, 2009, 05:42:04 PM »

Girgy I really want you to succeed with this but I think the reason people have taken the piss sometimes on here is because it's clear you aren't going for it wholeheartedly.

so it's ok to take the piss if you think somebodys not fully got their mind on something 100%?

It's ok to post stuff like, "hey girgy I've just had a big fk off fry up for breakie what you had?"

is that part of your "tough love" regime?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 28, 2009, 05:49:13 PM »

so it's ok to take the piss if you think somebodys not fully got their mind on something 100%?

It's ok to post stuff like, "hey girgy I've just had a big fk off fry up for breakie what you had?"

my post was referring to my own comments rly.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 29, 2009, 10:08:35 AM »

You think the comment about the fry-up is a piss take because you're still in the mindset of denying yourself what you really want. If you are truly embracing a new lifestyle why would that comment bother you? You think Paula Ratcliffe gets the hump when someone mentions bacon & eggs? No, cos winning marathons is her priority. This is the problem most people have when they start a new regime. Rather than thinking they are putting something into their life eg fitness, health, weight loss they think they're missing out on something eg black pudding. And the problem is you can't keep denying yourself something you want forever. Do you want weight loss and new habits or do you want fry ups and old habits? If you want weight loss you should post your diet and be honest with yourself. If you're doing this for you why does it matter what other people think? However considering only about 10% of the population are members of gyms at all I think you should congratulate yourself on your endeavour so far but if you want longterm change it begins with mindset. I know this because I am an expert in this field. Anyway good luck.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: