blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:59:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191516 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: December 02, 2009, 11:49:38 AM »

On another note im off to see a spiritualist tomorrow night. Im just sceptical so im going with an open mind. Have any of you guys ever been to anything like this and what are your thoughts on the subject?

Ballbags

They just pick on vulnerable peoples emotions

Seriously, why should you believe a word that this bloke says?  He can contact 'spirits'...he sure can.  If any of these frauds could actually do what they say they can do they'd be worth billions.  They'd allow proper scientific studies to take place, and they'd snap up the James Randi challenge for starters - http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Im just intrested, im going with an open mind as i dont know what to expect.

I wouldn't pay money to go. It's complete bs. Kinda clever though how these people manage to use certain lines over and over again and make individuals think it's for them.

Well i will see tomorrow.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #721 on: December 02, 2009, 11:51:51 AM »

On another note im off to see a spiritualist tomorrow night. Im just sceptical so im going with an open mind. Have any of you guys ever been to anything like this and what are your thoughts on the subject?

Ballbags

Seriously, why should you believe a word that this bloke says?  He can contact 'spirits'...he sure can.  If any of these frauds could actually do what they say they can do they'd be worth billions.  They'd allow proper scientific studies to take place, and they'd snap up the James Randi challenge for starters - http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

I wouldn't pay money to go. It's complete bs. Kinda clever though how these people manage to use certain lines over and over again and make individuals think it's for them.

It'll help you lose a few pounds, that's for definite.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 02, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »

Ballbags

It'll help you lose a few pounds, that's for definite.

LOL

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 02, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »

I'd try to stay away from spirits m8 they contain far too many calories...

water is good..
CounterfeitKing

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 02, 2009, 12:58:51 PM »

Nuts are great if you want to gain weight. They aren't what you need mate.

The words snack and diet shouldn't really be linked either if it's a slimming diet.

Snacking is almost always just eating for the sake of it. Try to get the food you need from planned meals. If it's a planned snack then fine but if they're not planned they are hard to control and you won't really know what you've had.

This is really wrong and shows a lack of any theoretical knowledge but w/e

please google "metabolism"

and then google "how to increase metabolism"
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 02, 2009, 01:05:01 PM »

Nuts are great if you want to gain weight. They aren't what you need mate.

The words snack and diet shouldn't really be linked either if it's a slimming diet.

Snacking is almost always just eating for the sake of it. Try to get the food you need from planned meals. If it's a planned snack then fine but if they're not planned they are hard to control and you won't really know what you've had.

This is really wrong and shows a lack of any theoretical knowledge but w/e

please google "metabolism"

and then google "how to increase metabolism"

lol

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
QuagmireAA

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 02, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »

Alrite Girgy

Good to meet you on Saturday..briefly

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 02, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »

Todays menu.....

Wednesday 2nd December

Breakfast 10.30am

Scrambled Eggs on Toast
(2 eggs/2 yolks on 2 slices of wholemeal toast/no butter)

Snack 1.30pm

Banana and Pear

Lunch 3.00pm

Chicken Breast with half tub of low fat cottage cheese
Muller Light toffee yogurt
Banana

Tea 9.00pm

Ham Omelette with Baked Beans on Toast
(1 slice of boiled ham chopped, 3 eggs/2 yolks, 2 slices wholemeal bread no butter)

Muller Light toffee yogurt

Drinks

2 litres of water with robbinsons no added sugar cordial.

Fitday = 1972 Calories

I have the day off work tomorrow so im gonna have a big session in the gym in the morning!

CounterfeitKing

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 02, 2009, 11:02:20 PM »

This is something there is a little bit of debate about but for those it works for they swear by it:

If possible, as soon as you can in the morning do some hard cardio training before you eat anything. Fasted cardio doesnt work for everyone and you gotta be careful not to purge too hard afterward but try it and if you find its working stick with it, you burn fat much faster. Straight afterward would be a perfect time to have one of those protein shakes you like as it will give you energy more quickly than if you had some fruit or w/e.

Also, if you genuinely want to lose weight long term you cant rely on exercise and healthy food, because in reality you are not going to be motivated enough to go to the gym all the time and you're eventually going to eat shit because thats what we like to do. You have to increase your metabolic rate so that you can burn fat during the day and when you sleep i.e. not just when you exercise. The way to do this is to convince your body it's never going to have to store fat, i.e. you're always going to give it what it needs. Therefore you should be eating as often as reasonably possible, if you can eat 7 x 300 kcal meals a day for a couple months you will have a sick metabolism and lose weight without even thinking about it.

Finally, don't ever lie to yourself, whats the point? It will lead to inevitable failure and constant lying will make you depressed and we all know the cure of depression is ice cream coated KFC.

GL, dont know why I wanted to rant......
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 02, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »

eating too many eggs imo Girgy.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 02, 2009, 11:15:08 PM »

This is something there is a little bit of debate about but for those it works for they swear by it:

If possible, as soon as you can in the morning do some hard cardio training before you eat anything. Fasted cardio doesnt work for everyone and you gotta be careful not to purge too hard afterward but try it and if you find its working stick with it, you burn fat much faster. Straight afterward would be a perfect time to have one of those protein shakes you like as it will give you energy more quickly than if you had some fruit or w/e.

Also, if you genuinely want to lose weight long term you cant rely on exercise and healthy food, because in reality you are not going to be motivated enough to go to the gym all the time and you're eventually going to eat shit because thats what we like to do. You have to increase your metabolic rate so that you can burn fat during the day and when you sleep i.e. not just when you exercise. The way to do this is to convince your body it's never going to have to store fat, i.e. you're always going to give it what it needs. Therefore you should be eating as often as reasonably possible, if you can eat 7 x 300 kcal meals a day for a couple months you will have a sick metabolism and lose weight without even thinking about it.

Finally, don't ever lie to yourself, whats the point? It will lead to inevitable failure and constant lying will make you depressed and we all know the cure of depression is ice cream coated KFC.

GL, dont know why I wanted to rant......

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/the-baseline-diet-part-1.html

Meal frequency may be one of the more hotly debated areas of nutrition these days. While it’s always been  dogma (and in earlier versions of this article, I basically reiterated that dogma) that you must eat 6 times per day or more for optimal gains (or weight/fat loss), more recent research has called that severely into question.

Recent work into caloric restriction and intermittent fasting suggests that lower meal frequencies may have additional benefits. Some people are even fasting for many hours per day prior to food consumption with many claimed benefits (such as improved insulin sensitivity, calorie partitioning and fat loss)

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 02, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »

eating too many eggs imo Girgy.

No, eggs are good
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 02, 2009, 11:19:40 PM »

Girgy, it's easy for fitness/health threads to get bogged down in minutia /old wives tales and stuff that this really ripped guy down the gym says he does.

big rocks first then small rocks. you are eating less than maintenance. you are exercising, forget all the other crap atm. oh and eggs are great, even the yolk

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 02, 2009, 11:24:49 PM »

Girgy, it's easy for fitness/health threads to get bogged down in minutia /old wives tales and stuff that this really ripped guy down the gym says he does.

big rocks first then small rocks. you are eating less than maintenance. you are exercising, forget all the other crap atm. oh and eggs are great, even the yolk

Thanx mate

Yea your get one person saying one thing then somebody else comes on and completly says the opposite.

ATM like you say im exercising and eating less than maintenance and losing my goal weight per week so if it aint bronk then ATM i dont need to fix anything.

I know i will require more help when im not/finding it hard losing the 2-3lbs a week.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: December 03, 2009, 12:27:23 AM »

one of those protein shakes you like as it will give you energy more quickly than if you had some fruit or w/e.
eh? you sure about that?
Speaking as someone who knows a lot more about chemistry than nutrition, that statement sounds wrong - energy release in living cells relies on short-chain sugar molecules (glucose, basically). Body has to break everything down into that before it can use it for energy. The chain of enzymatic reactions to get from protein to glucose is pretty long, compared to any sugar (from fruit or potato for that matter) to glucose.

But I'd be prepared to be pointed at a wikipedia page that proves me wrong Smiley. Who needs scientific papers these days?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: