blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:00:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191517 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: December 03, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »

I don't want to hijack the thread but i need some advice on the food to eat for slightly high cholesterol. I am 13 stone 6ft and looking to loose 2st and reduce my cholesterol at a steady pace. I try research online and its a wash with diff advice on foods to take!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 03, 2009, 03:56:36 PM »

I don't want to hijack the thread but i need some advice on the food to eat for slightly high cholesterol. I am 13 stone 6ft and looking to loose 2st and reduce my cholesterol at a steady pace. I try research online and its a wash with diff advice on foods to take!

Isnt 11 stone a bit light if your 6 foot?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »

i am slim apart from a ever growing belly, so most probs 11-11 1/2 stone would be fine. I weighed that before I fuked my knee up and played footy every day.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #753 on: December 03, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »

I'm a little over 12st and 6ft - and I could hardly be called chunky.  So dependent on build I'd assume that 11-13st could be an acceptable weight (I guess there are BMI charts that will say that's bollocks).

I tend to eat a low-fat diet because of a history of heart disease in my family.  Particularly try to avoid saturated and hydrogenated fats in order to keep my cholesterol down.  Doesn't stop me having the odd take-away or crap food, but most of the time I eat 'healthily'.   

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 03, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »

Odd take away!! you eat to kebabs and chips for lunch at work every friday

I'm a little over 12st and 6ft - and I could hardly be called chunky.  So dependent on build I'd assume that 11-13st could be an acceptable weight (I guess there are BMI charts that will say that's bollocks).

I tend to eat a low-fat diet because of a history of heart disease in my family.  Particularly try to avoid saturated and hydrogenated fats in order to keep my cholesterol down.  Doesn't stop me having the odd take-away or crap food, but most of the time I eat 'healthily'.   

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: December 03, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »

I'm 6'2" and just under 13st, yet have a lovely beer belly I keep meaning to try and shift.

I'd guess 11 stone is going to be a bit Kate Moss for 6ft.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 03, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »

I'm 5'10 and 14 stone.

I think 1 stone of this is my nose and 2 stones is body hair thus making me actually around 11 stone.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 03, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »

I was going to make the comparison to PHA but I thought it slightly harsh as everyone is entitled to their opinion and even if it is fundamentally wrong it's much more difficult to change the mind of a poor poker player's thinking than something more arbitrary like nutrition.

OK I never really wanted to get too involved with this thread but it started with a helpful sentence which was leapt upon pretty amusingly so I guess I'll continue. Last year I lost 3 stone in about 5 months and crucially, I have kept the weight off. As you probably know (and i think I saw a reference to someone else having done this in the thread), one of the most difficult parts is keeping the weight off after you lose it. I don't know Girgy but generally if you get to 20+ stone you have a pre-disposition towards living an unhealthy lifestyle, its not like you can lose track of things for a while and end up that heavy. Therefore, without doubt the hardest thing for him is going to be keeping the weight down after he is at a level he is pleased with. The way I found to do this is to lose the weight in both a healthy fashion and more importantly a sustainable fashion. Like I said before, Girgy won't go to the gym several times a week for the rest of his life, and he also wont stick to a healthy diet for the rest of his life so you have to everything you can to improve your bodily function to burn fat more efficiently without those things.

'Snacking', in EvilPie's eyes seems to be eating for the sake of it, this is a direct contradiction to how I would describe it. It is essential to eat very frequently, you have to convince your body it's not going to be hungry and so doesnt need to store fat. Your metabolic rate is the speed at which you use energy, through burning fat etc whilst at rest. Some people naturally have low metabolisms and so anything they eat seems to go to fat, and others can seeminly eat anything and not gain weight. It's all about metabolism and eating 'snacks' throughout the day without doubt increases your BMR. Therefore, snacking is not eating for the sake, it is eating for a very specific reason and yes of course it has to be controlled, if you're serious about it everything that passes your lips has to be controlled.

The point about nuts (and this only applies to certain types, i suggested cashews and almonds) is that not only to they fill you up better than say a piece of fruit, but they a good source of mono-unsaturated fat (which is essential in a diet) as well as reducing cholesterol and helping prevent heart disease, two things that again being 20+ stone are likely to be a problem so from a health point of view they are again better than other snacks.

It sounds like Byronkid really knows his stuff so it's not really necessary for me to comment anymore and I wish Girgy the best of luck herein.

Surely that's exactly what he needs to do?  Well, exercise regularly and eat a healthy, balanced diet?

Dan. Just find yourself  brick wall and bang your head against it a few times. You might have to queue behind me for a while though.

Counter. I went from 18st4lb down to 15st10lb in 10 weeks so if that's the pre-requisite for knowing how to diet then I'm qualified.

If you class a snack as a small well structured meal then yes, eating 6 to 8 snacks per day is a great way to lose weight.

And yes, nuts will fill you up much better than a piece of fruit. The downside is the calories. If you want to eat nuts then chestnuts are about the lowest I believe but I don't know whether they fill you up as well.

Girgy if you're going to eat nuts, and I'd recommend you do in moderation, then just keep an eye on the calories. This site is pretty good http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter/nuts_seeds.htm

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 03, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »

Pie i mentioned i was feeling a little hungry between 6-7pm whilst im still at work and i just wanted to know if there was anything that i could have until i got home for my tea at 9pm.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 03, 2009, 04:38:16 PM »

I cant wait to get to the pub tonight and have a pack of peanuts. Thanks guys.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 03, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

[ ] hope you dont choke on them.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 03, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »

I heard Kinboshi choked on Stu's nuts at the pub once.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: December 03, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »

I heard Kinboshi choked on Stu's nuts at the pub once.

I choked once when I was at DTD and up against Stu's nuts.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
CounterfeitKing

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 03, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »

I went from 18st4lb down to 15st10lb in 10 weeks so if that's the pre-requisite for knowing how to diet then I'm qualified.

And yes, nuts will fill you up much better than a piece of fruit. The downside is the calories. If you want to eat nuts then chestnuts are about the lowest I believe but I don't know whether they fill you up as well.

a) it's not a pre-requisite, nor does it prove any knowledge whatsoever

b) [?] you know what calories are

im not going to try and educate you anymore, you won't even read the points i make and just get offended, mature imo.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #764 on: December 03, 2009, 05:11:43 PM »

A calorie is a unit of energy.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: