blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:36:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191667 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 05, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

Day off the gym on Friday and i needed it as i only had 2 hours kip.

Friday 4th December

Breakfast 10.30am

Scrambled Eggs on Toast
(2 eggs/2 yolks on 2 slices of wholemeal toast/no butter)

Snack 1.30pm

Banana and Pear

Lunch 3.30pm

Tin of Tuna, Cottage Cheese, Lettuce and some onion
Muller Light toffee yogurt

Snack 5pm

Banana

Tea 7.30pm

Small piece of Fish in breadcrumbs
Oven Chips
Peas

Drinks

2 litres of water with robbinsons no added sugar cordial.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 05, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »

Today i have been to the gym and had a very good session. I did 45 minutes on the treadmil clocking up a PB covering just short of 4.9km. Felt shattered after i had finished on the treadmill. I did some weights training my chest and triceps and then finished off in the pool burning my arms some more with some quick lengths without using my legs to kick. Had a nice relaxing jacuzzi and steam room after i had finished in the pool.l

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: December 05, 2009, 02:40:37 PM »

Impressive how you're keeping this up. Well done mate.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 05, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »

Friday 4th December

Breakfast 10.30am

Scrambled Eggs on Toast

Snack 1.30pm

Banana and Pear

Lunch 3.30pm

Snack 5pm

Banana

Tea 7.30pm

Oven Chips
Peas

Drinks

Just a couple of comments on this day's diet mate.

The tea could maybe do with a tweak.

The oven chips probably aren't ridiculously bad. As a treat and if you really fancy them I don't really mind it as long as they're the low fat ones.

Not too keen on the small piece of fish in breadcrumbs. Undoubtedly this is fried in breadcrumbs so will be quite bad for your diet. You kind of justify it by saying "small" piece of fish but that's actually worse. You'd be better off with a "big" piece of fish because then there's proportionally less bread crumbs. You can then cut down on a few chips to compensate for the added calories of the extra few breadcrumbs. You end up with a bigger meal because of the extra fish but the same calories with more protein, less carbs and less fat.

Just a suggestion bud.

You're going well by the look of it though. WD.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 14, 2009, 11:03:53 PM »

Been slack with these updates.....

Gym been going well tho. Did 4.99km on the treadmil today so im going that little further every day. Tomorrow i aim to break the 5km mark in 45 minutes!

Weight wise i have stuck for the past 2 weeks at 21st 2lbs so my aim is to lose 3 lbs this week to go under 21st! Reason for this is i have had 2 heavy weekends so im kinda happy that i havent gained!

I have a schedule set up for over Christmas and i aim to keep the junk down to a minimum!

I ordered some new clothes the other day which came today. Ordered the size that i ordered last time and tried a shirt on which was massive on me so better re order a smaller size!!

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 15, 2009, 12:05:56 AM »

Go go go Girgy.

Your aloud to slack a little as long as you get back on it!

You know you can do it. Youve already done more than most expected.

Have a good but sensible Xmas, then the new year is time to get that bet won!

GL GL GL

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 15, 2009, 09:45:04 AM »

3/1 lasts over 3 weeks, 1/7 under

max bet under plz?

When Rooks has paid you I'd like my $$ pls Bolty!

Keep up the good work Dan.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: December 15, 2009, 10:00:31 AM »

Friday 4th December

Breakfast 10.30am

Scrambled Eggs on Toast

Snack 1.30pm

Banana and Pear

Lunch 3.30pm

Snack 5pm

Banana

Tea 7.30pm

Oven Chips
Peas

Drinks

Just a couple of comments on this day's diet mate.

The tea could maybe do with a tweak.

The oven chips probably aren't ridiculously bad. As a treat and if you really fancy them I don't really mind it as long as they're the low fat ones.

Not too keen on the small piece of fish in breadcrumbs. Undoubtedly this is fried in breadcrumbs so will be quite bad for your diet. You kind of justify it by saying "small" piece of fish but that's actually worse. You'd be better off with a "big" piece of fish because then there's proportionally less bread crumbs. You can then cut down on a few chips to compensate for the added calories of the extra few breadcrumbs. You end up with a bigger meal because of the extra fish but the same calories with more protein, less carbs and less fat.

Just a suggestion bud.

You're going well by the look of it though. WD.

Oven chips are fine imo - most are under 5% fat, and aren't the worst things in the world to eat.

I'd skip the egg yolk, but that's just me.  Try having 6-10 eggs with no yolk, much better for you and more filling, and zero fat.

I'm with Matt on the breadcrumbs.  You can pick out some low-fat versions if you really love your breadcrumbs on your fish, but because you didn't mention that I'm assuming they were 'full-fat' versions.  You're working hard at this, so it seems a shame to ruin it with poor food selection when with a little bit of cunning, you can eat virtually the same stuff as you've listed but with far less fat and fewer calories.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 15, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »

Broke the 5km mark in under 45minutes today which im very happy about! Felt really knackered after i had come off the treadmill! Finished off with a few weights.

Thinking about upping the workload a bit and going for 60 minutes on the treadmill.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #804 on: December 15, 2009, 11:19:26 AM »

This morning I shall mostly be having two eggs (With yolks) over easy, fried in a little spray fat and served on two toasted slices of Warburtons wholemeal bread, sans butter.

Then, I'll cycle to Croft quarry, (4.5m), take a walk ower t'ill, and cycle back in time for my nap.

The older I get, the better I was.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 15, 2009, 11:41:20 AM »

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/12/dirty-little-secret-of-diet-heart.html
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 15, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »

tl;dr

Any chance of a summary. Just tell me what I can / can't eat this week according to the latest scientific bollocks study.

Thanks.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #807 on: December 15, 2009, 03:44:36 PM »

tl;dr

Any chance of a summary. Just tell me what I can / can't eat this week according to the latest scientific bollocks study.

Thanks.

It's an interesting (and scientifically well supported) little piece that basically says that there is no link between eating lots of saturated fat and having a heart attack.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 15, 2009, 04:24:07 PM »

tl;dr

Thanks.

It's an interesting (and scientifically well supported) little piece that basically says that there is no link between eating lots of saturated fat and having a heart attack.

Awesome!!!

I'm off for a kebab Smiley

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: December 15, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »

The rest of the site is quite interesting as well - vegetable oil, white flour and refined sugar are the worst things in the world from an obesity point of view (according to many posts on them). Based on a cursory reading of some of it, I'm not convinced he hasn't falled into his own trap of correlation implying causation with some of it, but it's interesting reading. Fructose bad, glucose good. Butter ok, margarine not. Which sounds good to me Smiley. At least he applies fairly rigorous scientific principles in most of his posts, as opposed to some of the crap you read on "nutrition" websites.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: