blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:18:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  £150 f/o hand #1 - Call the SBs shove?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £150 f/o hand #1 - Call the SBs shove?  (Read 2120 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 01:03:54 AM »

it might be ever so slightly +EV to make this call. But there are infinitely more +EV spots to use your chips than in this spot imo.
+1

If you want to make something happen do what your oppo is doing instead of doing what you are doing. That would be better straight away.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:25 AM »

Not that it's really relevent, but I'll post the result for completeness sake. He turned over  . I hit a Q and took him out.

Blue text
salfi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 07:01:17 AM »

a few factors why i might i make these calls online.   1 is the player gunner keep helping him self to my blinds and the blinds i wanta attack.
 . 2 wats the overlay of the pot and 3 is it worth me tryin to bust this player ina  flip if u believe his range to be any two cards.
 not sayin calling ya chips of is always the bets way to play ya hand  but ive gambled in the past on a race to get chips so i can attempt to run the game over and if it means i gamble and lose half the time so be it. the half a time where i feel them chips are gunner be used to collect even more chips then i think it makes the call ok as uve put the chips to good use. if the alternative is u fold this tiny edge and he keeps beating u into pots then what time do u draw the line of fighting back.
 some players(djk123) believe any edge is an edge but if u always call on small edge u wil lose money as most chips won at poker are without showdown and 1percent edge dont make up for the fact that u have to win at showdown.
but like i say if by gambling here it sets u up for a win then its not the worst call in the world. the bigger picture as always is it depends i wudunt say ive not gamblded in these types of spots before but normally with a player i want to get rid of who i kknow wil be a nuisance at some point so il take my stand early with yes a 51 percent edge.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: