blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Just for Soviet defectors or can we all try this?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just for Soviet defectors or can we all try this?  (Read 2103 times)
WarBwastard

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »

Letter sent by the TV license people to Vladimir Bukovsky who refused to pay for his TV license on the grounds that he doesn't watch TV.

Reference:  COM/410383/jw

Date: 3 August

Dear Mr. Bukovsky

Re: Television Licensing Requirements

Thank you for your letter of 17 July the contents of which are  noted.

Whilst you are quite correct in pointing out that Section 363 of  the Communications Act 2003 "the Act" states that 'a television receiver  must not be installed or used unless the installation and use of the receiver is  authorised by a licence', this section must be read in conjunction with the  accompanying legislation.

In this regard it is important to note that Section 363 of the  Act states that a 'television receiver means any apparatus of a description  specified in regulations made by the Secretary of State'. The definition of  'television receiver' as set out in Regulation 9 of the Communications  Regulations 2004 (as amended) further defines a 'television receiver's as  'any apparatus installed or used for the purpose of receiving (whether by  means of wireless telegraphy or otherwise) any television programme service,  whether or not it is installed or used for another purpose'.

Therefore, a TV licence is only required where a television set  is installed or used for the purpose of receiving television programmes.

You have stated in your recent letter that you have not watched  television since 2001, accordingly your television set is 'not installed or  used for receiving television programme services' at this time.

Consequently, on the basis of the information that we have, our  view is that you are not at this time committing an offence contrary to Section  363 of the Act.

Yours sincerely

John Williams

Customer Relations Manager

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 06:43:41 PM »

errr, what, you've lost me. bloke doesn't watch tv so doesn't have to buy a tv licence. surely that's fair enough?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »

this has always been the rule, no?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 06:51:21 PM »

this has always been the rule, no?

yes
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 06:58:10 PM »

The law says if you own a TV you need a license, not whether you watch it or not.  Or at least that's what the TV adverts say.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 06:59:33 PM »

The law says if you own a TV you need a license, not whether you watch it or not.  Or at least that's what the TV adverts say.

[ ] What the TV adverts say is always correct.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »

ads also tell me that washing machines last longer with calgon yet every washing machine I've ever seen break has been from a completely non limescale related problem

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »

So I've been wasting my bloody money on that Lynx bodywash trying to get bigger maracas then?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »

+1

I've been eating Tampax for 2 years and I still can't swim or play tennis.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »

+1

I've been eating Tampax for 2 years and I still can't swim or play tennis.

And "They're gonna taste GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREeeeeeat!??" My arse!

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 11:29:59 PM »

But right, but but, I happened to open a letter for my neighbour from these TV dudes which stated in no uncertain terms he needed to get a TV license if he had a TV as no license was registered for his house.  Nothing about having one and watching it.  If you could own a TV and just claim you don't watch it when they come a snoopin' no one would pay for them.  Or does everyone not pay for them?

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 12:01:06 AM »

But right, but but, I happened to open a letter for my neighbour from these TV dudes which stated in no uncertain terms he needed to get a TV license if he had a TV as no license was registered for his house.  Nothing about having one and watching it.  If you could own a TV and just claim you don't watch it when they come a snoopin' no one would pay for them.  Or does everyone not pay for them?

they've got antenna's and lasers and satellites and shit that tells them if you're using one
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »

they've got antenna's and lasers and satellites and shit that tells them if you're using one

Nah, they just put their hand next to the screen. If it's warm you get fined.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 12:32:47 AM »

Cunning bastards

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 12:37:25 AM »

i should probably take my microwave out of the living room then
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: