blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:02:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A - LEVELS
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A - LEVELS  (Read 2652 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:03:53 AM »

gg qualifications..........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206973/A-levels-easy-monkey-trained-say-teachers.html

Though ive heard after completion the monkeys are turning down the opportunity to go to uni and do a media studies degree instead opting for something more reputable like returning to the jungle to throw shit all over eachother
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 03:08:47 AM »

that reminds me of this that I read yesterday

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Boy_gets_prize_for_catching_a_bus&in_article_id=720027&in_page_id=34

you can get a qualification for getting a bus

the camel should ask for one imo

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »

Uni isn't much harder tbh. The essays are ridic easy and you get like a million chances to do it if you fail. Degrees don't mean much these days, but getting out in the world and moving from home, getting life experience is priceless imo, and good value for the 20k debt you get in that you pay back in pennies.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 04:58:24 AM »

Uni isn't much harder tbh. The essays are ridic easy and you get like a million chances to do it if you fail. Degrees don't mean much these days, but getting out in the world and moving from home, getting life experience is priceless imo, and good value for the 20k debt you get in that you pay back in pennies.

Trying doing a science based degree, I didn't understand half of it. Sure got a million chances to retake exams as well. Though as you say the life experience and the general opportunity to get away from home and spend half your life drunk is priceless.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:23:32 AM »

Any proper degree or PhD can still be hard work...quite a few degrees are complete nonsense though and so any monkey can get one.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 09:09:52 AM »

It was 12-15 years ago, but my degree wasn't easy.  Lots of classroom time and plenty of self-study.  Of course, it was an easy life as outside that I spent all my time playing sport or getting drunk (or both).  However, some degrees are a walk in the park.  A friend of mine did sociology, and managed to do less than 6-hours of lectures a week.

A levels were a lot tougher than GCSEs though, a lot tougher.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 09:12:44 AM »

Aye what others have said. Degree's can be from the virtually impossible to the incredibly easy.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 09:16:28 AM »

It was 12-15 years ago, but my degree wasn't easy.  Lots of classroom time and plenty of self-study.  Of course, it was an easy life as outside that I spent all my time playing sport or getting drunk (or both).  However, some degrees are a walk in the park.  A friend of mine did sociology, and managed to do less than 6-hours of lectures a week.

Blatant "I'm old" post IMO.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 09:29:27 AM »

Aye what others have said. Degree's can be from the virtually impossible to the incredibly easy.

Similarly with A Levels - even now, I don't think you can generalise over such a broad range quite so simply.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »

Blatant "I'm old" post IMO.

I felt old typing that!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:19 PM »

Errrr...... What?!?!?!

It's true some degree courses are stupidly easy, but there are still a lot of respectable and difficult courses out there which hold value.
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 02:26:57 AM »

dont necessarily agree with the first bit - although my degree was a little easier than i expected, but definitely agree with the second.
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 07:45:44 PM »

I'll give my opinion on Thursday when the wee man gets his results - If I don't get an early phone call at work I will know it ain't good

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 12:22:39 AM »

sure do have to pay back in pennies, sigh. Pay 300+ a month back now.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 03:14:46 AM »

sure do have to pay back in pennies, sigh. Pay 300+ a month back now.

Thin.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: