blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live Omaha Hand
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Omaha Hand  (Read 6427 times)
Micko

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:31:01 PM »

Recently played £1/£2/ live omaha and interesting hand came up interested to hear what youse think...

Quite aggressive action and straddleing preflop someone upfront makes it £25 to go i call in the cutoff with five of us see the flop and it comes down a nice looking  two spades the three players in front of me check so im happy to bet pot of £125 until button repots its to £530 hes a very good solid player so everyone else gets out of the way and action back to me. Im playing £1200ish the villian has £360 left after his repot with his stack size im never calling to fold turn so i think its a shove or fold?

Some of my thoughts at the time- Was winning £900 in the game at the time and thought i could find a better spot
                                               - Had the villian on a set likely top set also had no backdoor flush draws

Be interested to hear some feedback on this.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:25:38 PM »

Easy shove here for me as played, but an equally easy fold pre-flop.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »

Easy shove here for me as played, but an equally easy fold pre-flop.

pretty much this.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:38:35 AM »

So you dont mind taking the set on?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:38:59 AM »

fold pre for me

If you don't want to play a big pot, don't pot the flop

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:51:44 AM »

So you dont mind taking the set on?

Not really no. I obv haven't run the numbers here (as I stink at maths) but the wrap is pretty massive here.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 09:52:51 AM »

Just echoing everyone else's thoughts particularly George's

If you don't want to play big pots with tough decisions for a lot of money don't get involved in straddled hands with marginal holdings.

As played we're still 45% against a set unless he's got some of our outs or other redraws.

Get it in.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 09:55:02 AM »

Fold Pre.

Check back the flop in a multi way pot this deep as you will get check-raised an absolute shedload.

Now it's just about numbers.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »

Fold Pre.

Check back the flop in a multi way pot this deep as you will get check-raised an absolute shedload.

If i was up front im pretty sure i check call this flop but as im in the cutoff im happy potting to take it down right there. I disagree about getting checkraised i think anyone with a set will lead and two pairs will check call  to see the turn action.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »

fold pre for me

I didt plan too but when its checked around that £125 in the pot looked nice lol
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 11:22:20 AM »

fold pre for me

I didt plan too but when its checked around that £125 in the pot looked nice lol

Why not bet less than the pot?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »

Fold Pre.

If i was up front im pretty sure i check call this flop but as im in the cutoff im happy potting to take it down right there. I disagree about getting checkraised i think anyone with a set will lead and two pairs will check call  to see the turn action.

Disagree with that.

Leading against people this deep might seem pointless as it looks like a set and OOP it will mean you can be bluffed a lot on scary turns even when it hasn't hit your opponent. You'll also likely get more than one caller.

A better line is the one your opponent took as he can now force you to make a decision for stacks when he knows he has the best hand (or best draw) rather than playing OOP to you on what could be a tricky turn/river with a lot of money back.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 11:28:11 AM »

Anyway after a painful few minutes i mucked and was shown top set of jacks which i was pretty sure i was up against. I knew it was close to evenmoney shot with my hand even against a set but it was early enough in the game and they were alot of easier spots. I still think im bit unlucky to run into top set with one man behind me im sure a high percentage of time this gets through on the flop after the three checks in front. Oh well.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »

Fold Pre.

If i was up front im pretty sure i check call this flop but as im in the cutoff im happy potting to take it down right there. I disagree about getting checkraised i think anyone with a set will lead and two pairs will check call  to see the turn action.

Disagree with that.

Leading against people this deep might seem pointless as it looks like a set and OOP it will mean you can be bluffed a lot on scary turns even when it hasn't hit your opponent. You'll also likely get more than one caller.

A better line is the one your opponent took as he can now force you to make a decision for stacks when he knows he has the best hand (or best draw) rather than playing OOP to you on what could be a tricky turn/river with a lot of money back.

He did't checkraise he was on the button.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 11:33:21 AM »

fold pre for me

Why not bet less than the pot?

Yes £75 obviously gets the same info.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: