blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274184 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16955 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scotland
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scotland  (Read 9629 times)
mckelinho

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2009, 10:16:37 PM »

Of course we want a homegrown managers. It should be a rule that managers should be from the country they manage, the same as the players. Seems daft to me that this isnt the rule. English will disagree though since there has never been a good manager to come from England hence they need to go elsewhere

Here we go!

I'll start you off with Sir Robert Robson and Sir Alf Ramsey

Mr Brian Clough the greatest club manager in British football ever.

Eh, noo.

Sir alex ferguson.

And look how far back u's need to think to remember a good manager
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2009, 10:17:19 PM »

Graham Taylor
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2009, 10:18:24 PM »

Of course we want a homegrown managers. It should be a rule that managers should be from the country they manage, the same as the players. Seems daft to me that this isnt the rule. English will disagree though since there has never been a good manager to come from England hence they need to go elsewhere

your homegrown managers sure do get you to a lot of finals
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2009, 10:21:21 PM »

Here we go!

Eh, noo.

Sir alex ferguson.

Clough took a 2nd division side (Forest) to become twice European champions, Nottingham is the smallest city to ever have a European cup winning side. He won the league with Derby taken them from the 2nd division again.

The guy was a genius end of.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2009, 10:24:43 PM »

list of scottish world cup winning managers please

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
mckelinho

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:36 PM »

your homegrown managers sure do get you to a lot of finals

Thats cos we cant offer the money u do so they go to clubs.

Here we go!

Eh, noo.

Sir alex ferguson.

Clough took a 2nd division side (Forest) to become twice European champions, Nottingham is the smallest city to ever have a European cup winning side. He won the league with Derby taken them from the 2nd division again.

The guy was a genius end of.

Again ur going back in time Jock Stein made Celtic the first British club to win the European cup and he done it a full s2quad that lived within 20 miles of the stadium.

Name a good English manager in the last 20 years
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2009, 10:27:22 PM »

Burley must go though,third place in this group is failure. As for who to replace him, not my choice, but Gordon Strachan must be in with a shout if he wants the job.

Should he go after that performance though? I doubt Strachan would take the job & I doubt his style would suit international management. Just wondering whether sacking Burley after he's (finally) got us playing as a team would be a good idea?

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »

Here we go!

Mr Brian Clough one of the greatest club managers in British football ever.

FYP

Just creates an argument who is the best ever - Clough, Stein, Shankley, Paisley, Ferguson, Busby all have a claim for different and valid reasons.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2009, 10:34:51 PM »

Here we go!

FYP

Just creates an argument who is the best ever - Clough, Stein, Shankley, Paisley, Ferguson, Busby all have a claim for different and valid reasons.

lol. you can take rod out of the mods room but you can't take the mod out of rod

(paisley is the greatest btw)

mckelinho

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2009, 10:37:45 PM »

haha Bilic, brilliant!!

Bilic - England have lost their Englishness since Capello has became manager

Media slaughter him

Bilic - No, losing Englishness is a good thing

hahahahahah
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2009, 10:38:51 PM »

Here we go!

FYP

lol. you can take rod out of the mods room but you can't take the mod out of rod

When did that happen?

Rodders not Paisley obv
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2009, 10:40:27 PM »

Here we go!

FYP

Ugh at choosing Paisley he would be the worst out of that group for me, Shankley built that Liverpool team and made them the best in the country. Paisley just did a good solid job after that.

Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »

Burley must go though,third place in this group is failure. As for who to replace him, not my choice, but Gordon Strachan must be in with a shout if he wants the job.

Should he go after that performance though? I doubt Strachan would take the job & I doubt his style would suit international management. Just wondering whether sacking Burley after he's (finally) got us playing as a team would be a good idea?

I see where you are coming from Rod but I wouldn't want to give him the opportunity to cock up the next campaign, this one has been a bit of a farce at times with the manager playing his part in it. There was a lot to like about tonight's performance but any player who couldn't get himself up for a game like that should pack it in. Also worth remembering is the Dutch did not play as they can, they were not desperate to win, they wanted to win but they weren't going to work too hard for it. Most of their players would have had one eye on being fit for club fixtures at the weekend. Another factor for Burley's future is that he doesn't seem to have too many friends at the SFA.

The main reason we failed though is we need all key players to be fit for every game, we have a decent 11 with everyone fit but there is not much quality beyond that. That won't change for the next manager so luck will remain as big factor.
I actually think Strachan would take the job but agree his style may not suit.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »

Here we go!

FYP

When did that happen?

Rodders not Paisley obv

not long ago, apparently he got sacked cos he spat in kinboshi's tea

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43930.0

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »

haha Bilic, brilliant!!

Bilic - England have lost their Englishness since Capello has became manager

Media slaughter him

Bilic - No, losing Englishness is a good thing

hahahahahah
"They are missing something, i cannot tell you what. It is our secret but we know"
You sure do Bilic!
English team, brimming with Englishness with a good leader going to the World Cup. Yes please.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: