blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:58:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Major investment
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Major investment  (Read 15186 times)
ACE2M

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2009, 09:36:10 PM »

I'm proposing a major tournament stake for every sunday for some blondite.

Majors mostly cost $215, so thinking that is an easily achieveable amount a week if open to every staker.

So, every week some blonde but a blonde with reasonable pedigree (including the big guns) plays a major, staked by blondes in 10% batches, $21.50.

Thread open all week and gets bought up during the week in any multiple of 10%, gives all stakers an extra interest every week.

Staking done on 60%/40% basis after stake back from winnings.

If your inetersted in staking then put up your % interest for next week, if interested in being staked put your name up and it would be cool if the big guns put their name up and we will leave to kev to sort out a random factor with the stakee only announced sunday morning so one week you might get a stake in moorman/flushy/gregior...  maybe....

I'm in for 10% this week and i'm up for being a stakee one week.

flame away
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:37:44 PM by ACE2M » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »

good enough players are either staked already or play themselves.

Sorry to knock it but can't see this working.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:02:06 PM »

is this a pyramid scheme?
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 10:45:18 PM »

good enough players are either staked already or play themselves.

Sorry to knock it but can't see this working.

thats almost the point, essentially a group of decentish/decent/top draw players where one is staked every week for a fun element to the sunday threads, barely anybody runs deep in these behemoths so taking one week every now and again as a blonde stake as your staking week won't be to far removed from normal service.

no bother if not just seemed like it might be fun.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 10:46:20 PM »

is this a pyramid scheme?

yes, luckily you're in early so we might make some mular.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 04:08:20 AM »

Problem is i might win it then i would be dev'd

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 04:11:15 AM »

Problem is i might win it then i would be dev'd

lol

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
salfi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 07:24:30 PM »

interesting concept. im open to staking others if the price is right and the people are worthy of making us both returns long term.not sure how u find winning players who arnt buyin them selfs in or are staked anyway . i dont play the sundays as i just see them as a gamble chasing that big score 1day due to the field sizes. i realise building my reputation in the poker world is important if i ever require staking for bigger events so losing money or giving equity away might work as it buys me a better reputation to get staked longer term in bigger events im not rolled for. il keep an eye on this thred and see how it develops but i might have an active involvment if i feel it works.
im always looking to grow my stable but i dont/wont accept average joes. i wil though take break even bets if it has added benefits of reputation gain or is enjoyment.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 07:44:04 PM »

interesting concept. im open to staking others if the price is right and the people are worthy of making us both returns long term.not sure how u find winning players who arnt buyin them selfs in or are staked anyway . i dont play the sundays as i just see them as a gamble chasing that big score 1day due to the field sizes. i realise building my reputation in the poker world is important if i ever require staking for bigger events so losing money or giving equity away might work as it buys me a better reputation to get staked longer term in bigger events im not rolled for. il keep an eye on this thred and see how it develops but i might have an active involvment if i feel it works.
im always looking to grow my stable but i dont/wont accept average joes. i wil though take break even bets if it has added benefits of reputation gain or is enjoyment.

First you need to find somebody that has an ok game....then you teach em how to run as golden as you do...then voila you stake them...and you cream the rewards!!

Simples!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »

Does that not condradict itself somewhat? If you only state known quality then they will bankroll themselves.
As you don't usually play the Sunday majors, it seems like something that is ideal for you and potential backers!!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »

[  ] people got the idea of this

it was supposed to be an idea for some of the smaller players and posters of blonde to get a piece of some of the big boys in the majors, so flushy & leknave and whoever just put one comp aside out of 30 on one day and let people by it up, a bit of fun and interest for the forum, def a +EV investment for the buyer and not seller but it was supposed to be a forum thing not a huge long term investment, sigh.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 08:10:44 PM »

it was supposed to be an idea for some of the smaller players and posters of blonde to get a piece of some of the big boys in the majors, so flushy & leknave and whoever just put one comp aside out of 30 on one day and let people by it up, a bit of fun and interest for the forum, def a +EV investment for the buyer and not seller but it was supposed to be a forum thing not a huge long term investment, sigh.

If that's what happens, I'm definitely interested and put me down for 10%. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 09:10:32 PM »

Much better is if we just get Flushy and LeKnave and whoever to simply just give us money and we can forget about all this complicated staking buisness.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »

Much better is if we just get Flushy and LeKnave and whoever to simply just give us money and we can forget about all this complicated staking buisness.

ffs it's not about the money it's supposed to be about forum bonding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »

ffs it's not about the money it's supposed to be about forum bonding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^THIS^^^

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: