blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  English poker open FINAL @ DTD sponsored by raketherake.com
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: English poker open FINAL @ DTD sponsored by raketherake.com  (Read 82064 times)
ICEMAN1212

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 18, 2009, 01:44:03 PM »

la ronde moved all in with A 5 with 15 big blinds he got called by QQ witch you would the rest is history nobody played it badly just got lucky witch you need at some stage in a tournament like this

people keep saying he is such a bad player but hay who has the 208,397 and the trophie and im sure if he ante allready sponcered he will be now good luck to him
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »

Fair enough...unlucky andy...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 18, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »

Thanks Matt

Im too long in the tooth to bother what people think about my play , although

I knew the last hand with   was marginal and would have looked spewey

if the guy had a premium hand. Lots of factors , as you know , go into making a decision.

It would have been a much easier call but for the fact that the other 2 chaps had been playing

a lot of pots and thought they would deffo clash and hopefully  I would get heads up.

Thought the worst play was the young french lad shoving from sb    for around 40 big blinds.

To me that's just playing scared poker.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: September 18, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks for all the messages of support on Blonde.

Also thanks to everyone at DTD , and if Rob does decide to sell it in the future ,
then he should sell it to Carlsburg , probably the best poker club in the world .

Strange to have won so much and feel gutted  Grin

Thanks also to Ralph and Chris Bruce for transfer of funds in full tilt otherwise I
wouldn't have played and to Kev for the great updates.

Interesting last hand , would like to know peoples thoughts on it.
Like most hands , it had some history and wasn't as straight forward as it looked.

Anyways , as Amatay would say ( love your blog by the way ) laters fish

Congratulations Jim  thumbs up

Great result and the A9 play was fine. Sod's law he didn't have you dominated, it's not like the best hand is meant to win or anything /sigh

Hope you have a well deserved break and can just relax with family and friends, must be interesting to know you will be able to re-watch it through with all the cards later!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 18, 2009, 02:17:02 PM »

My thoughts on the A9 hand........

Hmmmm......

I like to think snap call and if it was in a £50 comp I would without doubt.

I've never been one for laddering but then again I've never been looking at laddering for £50k before.

I think I might pass, get blinded away waiting for them to clash then kill myself when I saw the A8 on the replay later.

I think you played it brilliantly. Fantastic call. Anyone who says it's easy is either rich or stupid.

VVVVVVWP mate. Congrats.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: September 18, 2009, 02:19:45 PM »

la ronde moved all in with A 5 with 15 big blinds he got called by QQ witch you would the rest is history nobody played it badly

lol @ this

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »

Thanks Matt

if the guy had a premium hand. Lots of factors , as you know , go into making a decision.

It would have been a much easier call but for the fact that the other 2 chaps had been playing

a lot of pots and thought they would deffo clash and hopefully  I would get heads up.

Thought the worst play was the young french lad shoving from sb    for around 40 big blinds.

I didn't think that guy was talking to you mate Huh?

You just won 70k and played very well so don't need any advice from me but fwiw vs either of them two there i'm never folding A9 in that spot esp with stack sizes just very unlucky.VVWP sir enjoy the cash such a sick game that your proabably gutted today haha,i'd be exactly same.Congrats
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 18, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »

Thanks Matt

You just won 70k and played very well so don't need any advice from me but fwiw vs either of them two there i'm never folding A9 in that spot esp with stack sizes just very unlucky.VVWP sir enjoy the cash such a sick game that your proabably gutted today haha,i'd be exactly same.Congrats

For £50k?? You're never folding??

You really think it's that easy......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2009, 02:37:09 PM »

Thanks Matt

I think i've already said it was certainly not a snap call situation.It certainly wasn't any easy call at all Matt it was a very good call but with less than 20bbs 3 handed and with two aggressive players at the table and the guy that shoved having such a wide range i think you should be calling here with A7+ 66+ that was what i had decided i would call with while Jim was tanking.Yes you could fold and hope that the other shortiy busts but with 70k already locked up i'm playing ftw at that point.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2009, 02:43:53 PM »

Thanks Matt

I think i've already said it was certainly not a snap call situation.It certainly wasn't any easy call at all Matt it was a very good call but with less than 20bbs 3 handed and with two aggressive players at the table and the guy that shoved having such a wide range i think you should be calling here with A7+ 66+ that was what i had decided i would call with while Jim was tanking.Yes you could fold and hope that the other shortiy busts but with 70k already locked up i'm playing ftw at that point.

That's the other factor I considered. £73k locked up so it's been a good few days no matter what happens.

Basically we're now on a £50k freeroll hopefully leading to an £80k freeroll. I still prefer the gamble where my chips go in first tbh. Yes oppo's range is wide but it's not ridic wide and we're never a massive favourite unless he happens to be on a weaker A.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »

There was a hand deep into wed night when the 2 big stacks managed 2 get all the chips in
pre-flop when I reckon they had over 100 big blinds each......  v

That was between 2 young lads. The young uns can do this but you won't catch many older
players gambling like that. Its not a case of right or wrong , it's just totally different styles.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »

Thanks Matt

That's the other factor I considered. £73k locked up so it's been a good few days no matter what happens.

Basically we're now on a £50k freeroll hopefully leading to an £80k freeroll. I still prefer the gamble where my chips go in first tbh. Yes oppo's range is wide but it's not ridic wide and we're never a massive favourite unless he happens to be on a weaker A.

Like i say A9 is pretty close to bottom of my range that i'd call with and yeah would rather be 3b shoving A9 here than having to call an open shove.What range would you put him on here personally i'd have him on Q10+,K9+,Ax+,any pair.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2009, 02:56:11 PM »

There was a hand deep into wed night when the 2 big stacks managed 2 get all the chips in
pre-flop when I reckon they had over 100 big blinds each......  v

That was between 2 young lads. The young uns can do this but you won't catch many older
players gambling like that. Its not a case of right or wrong , it's just totally different styles.

If they are both young and from online play then it's just a case of they both know that they shouldn't play pots with each other therefore their bets should be taken as stronger and if they were both in LP then it's very easy to imagine getting 'some chips' in but 100 bets is just stupid with those hands. Fwiw they aren't gambling on the strength of their hands, when young players gamble 'they are gambling on what the percentage chance of getting a fold they think their is relative to the amount in the pot'.

I'll +4 for Mantis that big pots should need big hands in these live tournaments.

Congrats again Jim  thumbs up
ICEMAN1212

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »

does anybody have a clue when they are showing it on telly will be interesting to watch
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 18, 2009, 03:19:08 PM »

Thanks Matt

Like i say A9 is pretty close to bottom of my range that i'd call with and yeah would rather be 3b shoving A9 here than having to call an open shove.What range would you put him on here personally i'd have him on Q10+,K9+,Ax+,any pair.

I can't really put him on a range because I didn't follow it too much. Jim obviously knows his range on this particular day better than us and that's why he makes the call.

Tbh though I wouldn't be that bothered about his range. Even if I think I'm ahead I'm unlikely far ahead. If I'm behind I'm quite a long way behind.

It comes down to whether I fancy a £50k gamble at this point. Like I said I like to think I could make the call because it is undoubtedly correct but if oppo showed me KQs face up I still don't love it.

This particular hand has no relevance to our long term EV at all. If we could run the hand 10000 times for the same 50k then yes it's easy but this is very much a 1 off and not a simple case of "I'm probably ahead so I call".

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: