blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  TNA v WWE
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TNA v WWE  (Read 24893 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:54 AM »

When the Rock fights Cena who wins that, in the script?

No idea. They haven't sent me the script yet! My guess would be John Cena, with Rock winning a return match at the following PPV.

My lads like WWE so I see it sometimes. It might just be me but its a shadow of what it was 10 years ago isn't it? Lazy storylines, absence of characters?

Or were we just spoilt by The Rock, Undertaker, TripleH etc at their peaks?

That was also prevalent 10 years ago too, but what they had was competition, which forced them to keep pushing the bar. Mainly due to people like Jeff Hardy, Chris Benoit, etc, Vince is playing it safe these days (again, also due to lack of competition) with a PG rating. Everything's a little more predictable, run-of-the-mill and way too scripted. Scripted has it's place, but you also need spontaneity, and a sense that anything can happen, or that the lines between reality and entertainment will be blurred. That's what keeps people coming back the following week. Having said that, there is the occasional gem, such as Punk v Cena in the summer, and Wrestlemania is shaping up to be pretty tasty this year.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »

The PG has ruined the wrestling, cm punk is a pour man's stone cold, I keep catching the end of a tna show and think it looks better and some of the stars of past have moved onto there but some of the guys look like they past there sell by date 10-15 years ago

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »

Not worth watching after Stone Cold Steve Austin retired.
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2012, 02:01:06 PM »

Not worth watching after Stone Cold Steve Austin retired.

He was my childhood right there
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2012, 02:05:54 PM »

After triple h,there's only 1 person big enough to face taker at wm,and that's John cena.

I'm pretty sure this match will be takers last,his body is ruined

& Brock Lesnar after their clash @ a ufc event.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:33:21 PM by thediceman » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2012, 02:50:08 PM »

After triple h,there's only 1 person big enough to face taker at wm,and that's John cena.

I'm pretty sure this match will be takers last,his body is ruined

& Brock Lesnar after their clash @ a itch event.

It's a crazy suggestion - but they could always try building up the younger talent into something big so they are worthy of taking on Taker at WM.

Otherwise, I think Brock, Rock, Punk, Cena, Jericho, and Rey Mysterio are worthy, realistic contenders.

Personally, I'd like to see Ziggler get a major push and end the streak. Guy's top drawer.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »

Not worth watching after The Bushwackers retired.
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »

Actually, the best long term thing for the WWE is to have some up and coming star end the streak to really get them over - so HHH has no chance imo.

A few problems with that:
i. HHH has a reputation for keeping people down and pushing himself
ii. Undertaker rarely shows signs of putting younger talent over
iii. wwe doesn't always do what's best

Would love to see Taker put Punk over at WM, esp. if they want Punk to be the new face of the company

i. HHH is now back office and isn't needed to put talent over.
ii. Its part of Taker's gimmick that he is invincible and inhuman, so he can't really put newbies over. he doesn't even go to the Hall of Fame in-case the cameras catch him showing emotion.
iii. True

Punk is all ready top of the food chain at WWE so doesn't need a helping hand from Taker.

I have changed my mind, I don't think it will be a triple threat match any more, but maybe that taker will win his last match at the cost of his 'life'. The next year he'll get inducted into the HoF as Mark Calaway.

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2012, 08:17:27 PM »

Randy Orton thoooooooooooo!!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »

Actually, the best long term thing for the WWE is to have some up and coming star end the streak to really get them over - so HHH has no chance imo.

A few problems with that:
i. HHH has a reputation for keeping people down and pushing himself
ii. Undertaker rarely shows signs of putting younger talent over
iii. wwe doesn't always do what's best

Would love to see Taker put Punk over at WM, esp. if they want Punk to be the new face of the company

i. HHH is now back office and isn't needed to put talent over.
ii. Its part of Taker's gimmick that he is invincible and inhuman, so he can't really put newbies over. he doesn't even go to the Hall of Fame in-case the cameras catch him showing emotion.
iii. True

Punk is all ready top of the food chain at WWE so doesn't need a helping hand from Taker.

I have changed my mind, I don't think it will be a triple threat match any more, but maybe that taker will win his last match at the cost of his 'life'. The next year he'll get inducted into the HoF as Mark Calaway.

A win over HHH would still be huge for some lucky chappy, back office or not. Sheamus last year is a good example.
Taker's at the tail end of his career - sure he can put a couple of the up-and-comers over on the way out, whatever the gimmick. He doesn't even have to lose to them.
Ratings have been disappointing with Punk on top, sadly.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2012, 10:38:37 PM »

triple h and cena have been by a mile the 2 biggest stars since the likes of the rock/austin were in there prime. Why would Undertaker go from fighting against triple h, to fighting somebody less big time the year after. it should have been cena this year for the 20-0, rather than repeating last year, and having the same 3 way storyline as they have the last 3 years.

Im not sure why the WWE has such little confidence in their up and coming stars, the likes of barrett, shaemus, ziggler, punk etc are awesome. But they dont have the confidence to put them in the main events at wrestlemania, so they play it safe by having the title matches as the mid card matches, and then bring back taker/hbk/hhh and rock vs cena for the main events, which are guarenteed to get crow reactions just because of peoples views of them stars. The up and coming stars are never gonna grow until the old guard of taker, kane, big show, rock etc leave for good, or these stars lose to the new guys to give the big push.

would love to see brock come back, in the short space of time he was in wwe he was the most dominant, and achieved the most out of any superstar bar none, and he was suprisingly good on the mic, but i cant see him coming back somehow. oh and hes banging sable, mbn wal etc etc
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »

Any educated predictions?
Thinking of having a cheeky flutter.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »

Cena
Taker
Sheamus
Orton
Is a banker imo

Rhodes to beat Big Show.  Can't see why Rhodes won't go over, unless they want to give Big show his 'wrestlemania moment'

I see a swerve somewhere (as there always is one)  so Punk to lose Jericho.

Team Johnny to win, as there is no reason not to.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »

Cena
Taker
Sheamus
Orton
Is a banker imo

Rhodes to beat Big Show.  Can't see why Rhodes won't go over, unless they want to give Big show his 'wrestlemania moment'

I see a swerve somewhere (as there always is one)  so Punk to lose Jericho.

Team Johnny to win, as there is no reason not to.

Taker is definite, and I'm pretty confident Cena and Team L will win too, but I can easily see the title matches being the other way around, and is it possible that Kane could pick up the win after losing to Cena? Another loss and he start to look a bit crappy for an unstoppable monster. The Rhodes/Show match is tricky and I can't decide. There's the diva match too. A heel win perhaps?
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2012, 05:57:39 AM »

team jonny is probably as big a cert as taker i think

i think

sheamus > DB
Orton > kane
punk > jericho
jonny > teddy
taker > hhh
Rock > cena
heel tarts > face tarts