blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:43:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Another Comedy Immigration Decision
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Comedy Immigration Decision  (Read 5596 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 12:10:53 AM »

I didn't click the article was by Littlejohn, the guy is a prize arse and if we could get him deported that would be a result. The people who work for the Mail should thoroughly ashamed about this constant campaign of disinformation about immigration, that dumb middle class England seems to accept as fact.

The story linked above wasn't by LittleJohn, but he's going to comment on it in his column tomorrow

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 08:06:52 AM »

The story is complete bollocks obviously...as most things in the Daily Mail are.

But I'm getting a hamster, just in case.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
maxward

WSOP ME 2007

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

Given that cats came to our country from north africa there is some irony here...

King of the river check-raise
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 11:49:21 PM »

Given that cats came to our country from north africa there is some irony here...

so did humans didn't they?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
maxward

WSOP ME 2007

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 11:50:46 PM »

Dont tell Nick Grffin

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 12:07:34 AM »

in case anyone doesn't know, Nick Griffin is on Question Time tomorrow. Wonder if the cat story will get raised?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
maxward

WSOP ME 2007

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »

A tv researcher tells me that for the first time ever the audience are signing contracst to limit the questions asked to those vetted before the show. Ordinarily they file there questions and are chosen, with free development of each question no strings. Interesting to see how rigid it will come over?

It sickens me the people who say he shouldnt be on, like in some way if we are exposed to racist propaganda that we wil all somehow convert to the third reich....that ignorance is only marginally more insulting than the media bias towads discounting the fact BNP were democratically elected

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 12:17:28 AM »

It sickens me the people who say he shouldnt be on, like in some way if we are exposed to racist propaganda that we wil all somehow convert to the third reich....that ignorance is only marginally more insulting than the media bias towads discounting the fact BNP were democratically elected

agreed

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

A tv researcher tells me that for the first time ever the audience are signing contracst to limit the questions asked to those vetted before the show. Ordinarily they file there questions and are chosen, with free development of each question no strings. Interesting to see how rigid it will come over?

If they don't they will just be asked the same questions they have been asked a million times before and the conversation will just go round in circles. They have to limit the direct are you racist? type of questions as they aren't going to get a different answer this time.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 04:26:21 AM »

Why do people read the daily hate mail?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 04:28:28 AM »

yeah it is great
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 10:04:04 AM »

I only buy it for the crossword.

And maybe a little bit for the racism but it's mostly the crossword.
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »

"Hurrah for the Blackshirts"

A famous example of the Daily Mail's longstanding commitment to impeccably balanced and unbiased coverage of controversial political events. This headline appeared on the front page of the 8 July 1934 edition, and accompanied a piece on Sir Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists that read, in part: "If the Blackshirts movement had any need of justification, the Red Hooligans who savagely and systematically tried to wreck Sir Oswald Mosley's huge and magnificently successful meeting at Olympia last night would have supplied it."

Subsequent articles emphasised the paper's unstinting support -- on 15 January 1934, the BUF was described as "a well organised party of the right ready to take over responsibility for national affairs with the same directness of purpose and energy of method as Hitler and Mussolini have displayed". This betrays the paper's similar enthusiasm for Fascist parties elsewhere in Europe, especially Adolf Hitler's burgeoning Nazi movement ("The sturdy young Nazis are Europe's guardians against the Communist danger"). As early as 24 September 1930, the paper's proprietor Harold Harmsworth, Lord Rothermere, wrote:

"These young Germans have discovered, as I am glad to note the young men and women of England are discovering, that it is no good trusting to the old politicians. Accordingly they have formed, as I would like to see our British youth form, a Parliamentary party of their own. [...] The older generation of Germans were our enemies. Must we make enemies of this younger generation too?"

On 10 July 1933, Rothermere continued:

"I urge all British young men and women to study closely the progress of the Nazi regime in Germany. They must not be misled by the misrepresentations of its opponents. The most spiteful distracters of the Nazis are to be found in precisely the same sections of the British public and press as are most vehement in their praises of the Soviet regime in Russia. They have started a clamorous campaign of denunciation against what they call "Nazi atrocities" which, as anyone who visits Germany quickly discovers for himself, consists merely of a few isolated acts of violence such as are inevitable among a nation half as big again as ours, but which have been generalized, multiplied and exaggerated to give the impression that Nazi rule is a bloodthirsty tyranny."

These effusive compliments did not go unnoticed. On 7 December 1933, Hitler himself wrote to Rothermere:

"I should like to express the appreciation of countless Germans, who regard me as their spokesman, for the wise and beneficial public support which you have given to a policy that we all hope will contribute to the enduring pacification of Europe. Just as we are fanatically determined to defend ourselves against attack, so do we reject the idea of taking the initiative in bringing about a war. I am convinced that no one who fought in the front trenches during the world war, no matter in what European country, desires another conflict."

The above citations, plus numerous similar articles that ran right through the 1930s, may explain why the Mail has been oddly and indeed uncharacteristically muted when it comes to championing its glorious past, especially at a time when its rivals are falling over themselves to produce "historic" reprints of memorable editions from decades earlier.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 04:33:31 PM »

I still don't understand the foreign student rules we have. You can apply to study here and after a certain number of years apply to stay? I have 2 clients who are mature students - studying for studying sake - neither of them want their degree, they are just doing it for permanent entry into the country.

They are nice people and all that but it's all bit backdoor imo. 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »

I still don't understand the foreign student rules we have. You can apply to study here and after a certain number of years apply to stay? I have 2 clients who are mature students - studying for studying sake - neither of them want their degree, they are just doing it for permanent entry into the country.

They are nice people and all that but it's all bit backdoor imo.  

You must work for the daily mail making up stories like that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: