blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 263097 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »

Right then this is something that I've meaning to do for ages but have consistently made excuses not to.

Anyone that knew me before I started playing poker would know that I was a fitness freak who went to the gym 6 days a week and did kick boxing or ju jitsu 3 times a week.

For various reasons, the major one being getting involved with a girl, I eventually stopped all my training and got in to the bad habit of being a lazy, bone idle slob!!!

There's no point denying it any longer. That is what I've become and before long I'll be a fat, lazy, bone idle slob and I couldn't handle that. I've already put on a little bit of body fat which I never used to have and if I'm honest it really bothers me. I've lost my big shoulders, my chest no longer sticks out proudly in front of me and my biceps are non existant.

In order to rectify this I need to get back to the gym and also eat properly.

I've been talking about doing this for ages and my intention is that by making this diary I'll help to motivate myself to get started and achieve my goals

If anybody's remotely interested it would be great to get any feedback. However, I'm doing this 100% for myself and it's purely designed as a kick up the arse to get me started. Once I'm in a routine I might not carry this on but I need to do something to help me start and this is the path I've chosen.

More to follow.........

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 01:03:18 PM »

You haven't mentioned your diet, any reason why?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:05:49 PM »

Step 1 - Join the gym.......

My work involves me starting every day at the University of Nottingham at 8am to see how everything's going on that particular contract. This presents an ideal training opportunity as they have a reasonably priced gym which is available to the public on site.

It opens at 7am so my intention is to train at 7am before work 4 or 5 days a week + also train on Saturday morning.

This was my old routine and it worked well so there's no reason it won't work now.

The only difference is that previously I trained after work. This isn't possible now as I have a dog who requires my attention after work so early mornings it is.

So I'm sat in my office at the Uni now. I am going to finish this post then head off to the gym and sign up for a yearly membership.

I can't see the point in waiting, I've waited long enough so the time to start is now!!!

Back soon.....

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 01:06:27 PM »

You haven't mentioned your diet, any reason why?

Please don't insult my intelligence....

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 01:11:36 PM »

Curry night tomorrow though still yeah?

[  ] I have a dog

[X] Its a good job I have other friends

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »

LOL university gym now makes much more sense.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »

My work involves me starting every day at the University of Nottingham at 8am to see how everything's going on that particular contract. This presents an ideal training opportunity as they have a reasonably priced gym which is available to the public on site.

It opens at 7am so my intention is to train at 7am before work 4 or 5 days a week + also train on Saturday morning.

This was my old routine and it worked well so there's no reason it won't work now.

The only difference is that previously I trained after work. This isn't possible now as I have a dog who requires my attention after work so early mornings it is.

So I'm sat in my office at the Uni now. I am going to finish this post then head off to the gym and sign up for a yearly membership.

I can't see the point in waiting, I've waited long enough so the time to start is now!!!

Back soon.....

Not playing poker Friday nights then?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 01:46:41 PM »

Oh, and yeah get to the gym you skinny fat waster.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 01:47:13 PM »

Right then. Step 1 is now sorted. I've rejoined the gym so I'm ready to go tomorrow morning at 7am.

I've signed up for the year so if I don't keep this up I've just wasted £245.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »

Right then. Step 1 is now sorted. I've rejoined the gym so I'm ready to go tomorrow morning at 7am.

I've signed up for the year so if I don't keep this up I've just wasted £245.

Flip you for it

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »

Back soon.....

Hmmm... Poker.....

How will I fit poker in to this new routine?

Well my intention is that I will fit training in whilst still managing to do things that I enjoy, poker being one of them.

I was doing my ju jitsu at 10am on a Saturday morning whilst I was at DTD 'til 5am on Friday so I know it's achievable. Also weight training is much easier than ju jitsu so I can't see it being a problem physically.

The difficulty is achieving this mentally. Forcing myself to get out of bed on Saturday morning will be a big challenge as I have got used to having a nice lie in.

I have to say I have recently been inspired by Swordpoker's marathon which he did with no training. Obviously it was difficult physically but not impossible. If it's possible to do that then it's a pretty poor effort if I can't even drag myself out of bed on a Saturday morning just because I had a late night.

I also fully intend to keep playing online poker in the evenings. Usually this is finished by mid night but if I go deep then I'll just have to drag myself up at 6am to get ready to go to the gym. I have to get up at 7 anyway for work so 1 hour shouldn't make that much difference.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 01:57:42 PM »

Curry night tomorrow though still yeah?

[  ] I have a dog

[X] Its a good job I have other friends

No mate curry is off for the foreseeable future.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »

So what do you intend to eat?  Standard answer is 'healthy food'.  Well...like what?  Not just the obvious veg, fish, chicken stuf, but proper meal plans.  Just curious is all.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »

Back soon.....

Hmmm... Poker.....

How will I fit poker in to this new routine?

Well my intention is that I will fit training in whilst still managing to do things that I enjoy, poker being one of them.

I was doing my ju jitsu at 10am on a Saturday morning whilst I was at DTD 'til 5am on Friday so I know it's achievable. Also weight training is much easier than ju jitsu so I can't see it being a problem physically.

The difficulty is achieving this mentally. Forcing myself to get out of bed on Saturday morning will be a big challenge as I have got used to having a nice lie in.

I have to say I have recently been inspired by Swordpoker's marathon which he did with no training. Obviously it was difficult physically but not impossible. If it's possible to do that then it's a pretty poor effort if I can't even drag myself out of bed on a Saturday morning just because I had a late night.

I also fully intend to keep playing online poker in the evenings. Usually this is finished by mid night but if I go deep then I'll just have to drag myself up at 6am to get ready to go to the gym. I have to get up at 7 anyway for work so 1 hour shouldn't make that much difference.

It's doable, but is it wise?  You'll be able to go for so long on that regime, but sleep is an important part of training and if you lose out on that you're going to suffer in one way or another.  Maybe your work will suffer, or your sex life, or the amount of time you have for Ronnie's balls.  You'll probably find you'll be far more susceptible to illnesses as well.

My marathon training will involve getting up earlier and earlier.  I went out for a short-ish run today, and had to get up at 6.  If I'd gone to bed at 2am, I might have been able to get up and run, but I'd feel like crap the rest of the day (or week probably) and I couldn't repeat it several days in a row.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:28 PM »

So what do you intend to eat?  Standard answer is 'healthy food'.  Well...like what?  Not just the obvious veg, fish, chicken stuf, but proper meal plans.  Just curious is all.

Matt is protein man. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: