blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:16:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 262836 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 02:12:21 PM »

Step 2 - The diet.

Now when I talk about my diet I am not talking about restricting what I eat. That would be a negative diet. Yes there are things which I won't be eating but they are not part of my diet. My diet is what I eat, not what I don't eat. Got it? Good, then I'll move on.

When I was training seriously my diet was very important to me and it will be again with immediate effect.

As anyone who has trained seriously will know the difficult thing isn't reducing calorific intake, it's actually consuming enough quality calories to maintain your current bodyweight. Even a skinny marathon runner has to eat a lot of food. They burn a lot of calories so they have to consume a lot of calories. It's pretty simple really.

Unfortunately you can't do this simply by drinking 12 pints of guinness or eating a big cake so you have to consume vast amounts of quality food relative to someone who doesn't train.

I will put up a daily diet later for anyone who may be interested. This will adapt as I grow as I will need more calories to maintain my weight.

There will be supplements included as these will ensure the correct blend of proteins and nutrients to enable me to achieve my goals.

It is possible to do this without supplementation but it is very difficult in my opinion. I have taken all manner of vitamins, amino acids, proteins etc. in the past all of which may possibly have had no effect. However, I am of the opinion that they all helped previously so that is the route I will go down again.

So straight from work I'll be off to the butchers to buy some lean minced beef and chicken fillets. This was the staple part of my diet before so it will be again.

More on diet later.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 02:15:57 PM »

Matt, when you get all buff again will you be able to boot fuck out of Cos?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 02:18:41 PM »

step 1 take a picture of yourself in shorts standing up so you can see the improvement from start to finish. then stick it on the chocolate drawer

just don't post it thx

oh and GL
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 02:23:02 PM »

Can I request before and after photos please.   Oh and one or two during a work out just to make sure you are really pumping that iron.  If you do not want to post them on the threaad via pm will surfice.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »

It's doable, but is it wise?  You'll be able to go for so long on that regime, but sleep is an important part of training and if you lose out on that you're going to suffer in one way or another.  Maybe your work will suffer, or your sex life, or the amount of time you have for Ronnie's balls.  You'll probably find you'll be far more susceptible to illnesses as well.

My marathon training will involve getting up earlier and earlier.  I went out for a short-ish run today, and had to get up at 6.  If I'd gone to bed at 2am, I might have been able to get up and run, but I'd feel like crap the rest of the day (or week probably) and I couldn't repeat it several days in a row.

I fully understand what you are saying here and agree entirely. My work has already suffered on account of me becoming lazy but I don't think this is because of lack of sleep because I get more now than I ever had before.

I used to thrive on around 4 hours sleep per night + an hour or so power nap early evening with a chillout cd on. It was all I ever needed and I couldn't sleep any longer if I tried. Since I have become lazy though I could lay in bed for hours!! It's not because I need more sleep though it's because my body has got lazy and used to doing nothing.

Admittedly I may need a little bit more sleep now as I am a few years older but I am still confident I can cope with 5 hours average per day.

Another thing that I used to do was spend the weekend relaxing with some chillout music on or just watching a film. This is all time for the batteries to recharge although obviously not as good as quality sleep. I don't do this anymore. I may be doing exactly the same thing but it isn't a recharging chill, it's just sitting on my arse being a slob. It's very different in my opinion.

The difference now will be that I'm training in the morning instead of straight from work so my body may not like it. Time will tell on this and if necessary I will cut down on the online poker.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 02:31:16 PM »

step 1 take a picture of yourself in shorts standing up so you can see the improvement from start to finish. then stick it on the chocolate drawer

just don't post it thx

oh and GL

I honestly don't need to do this to motivate myself as I know how bad I look now compared to 3 years ago.

I wouldn't want to take that picture because I honestly find it embarrassing seeing what I look like now. This may seem a bit vain but I promise you it's not. I'm embarrassed about it because of the reasons I have become like this.

I don't look bad compared to a lot of people but I know that I used to look a lot better. I also know the reason I don't look like that any more is because I have been a bone idle lazy slob!!!!!

If I was still training to the best of my ability and putting some effort it I honestly wouldn't mind how I look. It's the fact that I've become lazy that kicks me in the teeth every time I look in the mirror.

Oh and thanks for the GL

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »

For various reasons, the major one being getting involved with a girl,

blantant i got invlved with a girl brag

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 02:32:43 PM »

Can I request before and after photos please.   Oh and one or two during a work out just to make sure you are really pumping that iron.  If you do not want to post them on the threaad via pm will surfice.

I'll find some pics from 3 years ago just for you Mo Wink

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 02:33:36 PM »

Matt, when you get all buff again will you be able to boot fuck out of Cos?

I don't think I'll ever be that buff unfortunately.

Maybe if I get back in to the kick boxing I could give him a run for his money.......

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »

Currys aren't particularly unhealthy if you make a home made one. Use lots of fresh stuff, a little olive oil when frying the vegetables/chicken and you're sorted.

Blue text
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 02:41:47 PM »

I'll find some pics from 3 years ago just for you Mo Wink

Hey, not just for Mo.....I like massive dudes

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 02:42:43 PM »

just don't post it thx

oh and GL

I honestly don't need to do this to motivate myself as I know how bad I look now compared to 3 years ago.

I wouldn't want to take that picture because I honestly find it embarrassing seeing what I look like now. This may seem a bit vain but I promise you it's not. I'm embarrassed about it because of the reasons I have become like this.

I don't look bad compared to a lot of people but I know that I used to look a lot better. I also know the reason I don't look like that any more is because I have been a bone idle lazy slob!!!!!

If I was still training to the best of my ability and putting some effort it I honestly wouldn't mind how I look. It's the fact that I've become lazy that kicks me in the teeth every time I look in the mirror.

Oh and thanks for the GL

best motivation no?

oh and i think Mo really would like the pic by PM
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 02:47:02 PM »

Think I am really going to enjoy this thread.   

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »

Step 3 - The restrictions

Now this is the bit that most people would consider their diet. The bits that they don't eat.

Like I said previously your diet is what you eat, not what you don't eat. When I post about what I'm eating you'll see that it's actually a much larger quantity than most but it will be good quality.

So the restrictions......

Well unfortunately Wednesday night curry night has to go. This isn't because I'm not allowed to eat a curry it's because training on a Thursday morning after 3 pints and a curry late Wednesday is just ridiculous.

Alcohol - Well I'm afraid it has to go. Alcohol is the work of the devil when you're training and although it's good fun it just ain't part of this plan.

The exception to this will be when I'm away on holiday. I have a planned weekend in Malta and also Prague for new year. I will allow myself to drink on these occasions as a treat. I will still go out whilst I'm on this routine but until I'm back in shape alcohol is out.

Once I've got myself looking how I want to look then I will start drinking again on Saturday nights. I did this before with no problems but in these early difficult stages it just can't be done. Bad news for Christmas but hey ho, such is life.

Obviously anything like chips, pizzas, chinese takeaway...... you know the kind of things. Basically anything that isn't in my diet will be heavily restricted. These are all unnecessary food items which can easily be suvstituted by something home made which is just as tasty. The reason I like pizza and kebabs is becasue they're easy and I'm LAZY!!!!!

Once I'm back in shape I'll allow myself the odd treat but it will only be occasional.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 03:01:36 PM »

Cheesecake ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: