blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:44:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 263088 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: January 07, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »

You should try and bench me 138kg

Would be a lot easier if you could just lose another 8kg. Mission accomplished already then Smiley

I'll take all my clothes off Wink
i need to see this. What would you grab hold of?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 07, 2013, 08:47:50 PM »

Huge fail this morning unfortunately.

Pathetic excuse but I really couldn't sleep last night so there was no way of getting up for 6.30am.

I'm suffering from a problem similar to jet lag. I spent all of last week in Spain during which my earliest night of getting to bed was about 7am. Earliest get up was about 5pm and all of the sleep was alcohol fuelled. Really not good.

Was home at the weekend but played poker so that didn't help to get my sleeping pattern anywhere near normal.

I ended up lying in bed still awake after 5am this morning so I knew it wasn't going to happen. I left the alarm set but I just couldn't do it.

Planning on a huge carb filled supper in the next half hour then going to head off for an early night. Hopefully a heavy meal will help me get to sleep so that I can get up tomorrow.

I'm not giving up that's for sure. Ordering protein shakes now so I'm officially doing this!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:19 PM »

Huge fail this morning unfortunately.

Pathetic excuse but I really couldn't sleep last night so there was no way of getting up for 6.30am.

I'm suffering from a problem similar to jet lag. I spent all of last week in Spain during which my earliest night of getting to bed was about 7am. Earliest get up was about 5pm and all of the sleep was alcohol fuelled. Really not good.

Was home at the weekend but played poker so that didn't help to get my sleeping pattern anywhere near normal.

I ended up lying in bed still awake after 5am this morning so I knew it wasn't going to happen. I left the alarm set but I just couldn't do it.

Planning on a huge carb filled supper in the next half hour then going to head off for an early night. Hopefully a heavy meal will help me get to sleep so that I can get up tomorrow.

I'm not giving up that's for sure. Ordering protein shakes now so I'm officially doing this!!

Good luck mate

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1923 on: January 07, 2013, 10:29:15 PM »

You're not really a morning person, are you?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 07, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »

I thought a heavy meal did the opposite ?

GLGL with the Gym grind.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 07, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »

GLGL with the Gym grind.

So did I until I saw a program about it.

It's to do with your body using all of it's resources to process the meal so shutting down everything else and going to sleep.

Something like that anyway. Definitely works. How many people can actually stay awake after a huge Sunday dinner?

Thanks.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 07, 2013, 10:44:16 PM »

You're not really a morning person, are you?

Not at all mate unfortunately. I'm sure it's something I can change though with a bit of practice.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: January 07, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »

GLGL with the Gym grind.

So did I until I saw a program about it.

It's to do with your body using all of it's resources to process the meal so shutting down everything else and going to sleep.

Something like that anyway. Definitely works. How many people can actually stay awake after a huge Sunday dinner?

Thanks.

Any excuse to eat more food is good with me.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: January 14, 2013, 11:32:55 PM »

Finally managed to get to the gym this morning for my first session in what seemed like forever. Cheeky little arm session and was far from breaking any personal bests.

Dumbell challenge starts again tomorrow as it's chest day. Think I might just continue the old method of updating weekly to give myself the motivation.

So continuing from the last few weeks of my previous challenge:

26th July 2011 40kg x 10, 42.5kg x 10, 45kg x 6, 45kg x 6

1st August 2011 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 4

9th August 2011 45kg x 6, 45kg x 5, 40kg x 8

16th August 2011 40kg x 8, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5

20th December 2011 25kg x 16, 40kg x 8, 50kg x 4,

Any ideas where it might pitch tomorrow? As a guide when I finally hit the 50s I was doing a 2 handed overhead triceps press with 50kg for 12 reps. This morning I managed 30kg and it was far from easy.

I'll be very happy with 35kg to be honest but we'll have to see.

Watch this space.......

PS: Can't believe that's over a year ago!!!!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: January 15, 2013, 12:25:27 AM »

I haven't set foot in the proper gym since I last went into hospital which was November 2011 and I had the pleasure of an NHS birthday dinner Cheesy

I have decided this year I'm going to take myself back down to the gym though even with the crutches in tow...

Working out from home didn't work out as I'd hoped and it was too easy to skip sessions. Once you skip a couple it becomes a habit, so I slipped out of the good into the bad after easter...

Interesting that your DB Press matches with your OH Tricep Press though.

I used to DB Press 27.5/30/32.5, but my OHTP was 35/37.5/40 or 42.5 and I couldn't even shift the 35s for more than a  rep iirc Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: January 15, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »

I haven't set foot in the proper gym since I last went into hospital which was November 2011 and I had the pleasure of an NHS birthday dinner Cheesy

I have decided this year I'm going to take myself back down to the gym though even with the crutches in tow...

Working out from home didn't work out as I'd hoped and it was too easy to skip sessions. Once you skip a couple it becomes a habit, so I slipped out of the good into the bad after easter...

Interesting that your DB Press matches with your OH Tricep Press though.

I used to DB Press 27.5/30/32.5, but my OHTP was 35/37.5/40 or 42.5 and I couldn't even shift the 35s for more than a  rep iirc Cheesy

I know what you mean about working out from home. I tried it years ago and it just doesn't work. As you say it's just too easy to do something else instead.

Would be good to see you get back in to it. I'm hoping to stick with it myself this year so I've set the dumbell challenge as a motivator. Perhaps you could do the same? If you can OHTP 40 there's the potential to get up to the same on the bench.

I'd recommend doing something similar to my challenge last year. Target reps of 8, drop down 2.5kg if you do less than 6 step up 2.5kg if you manage 10 or more. You'll hit a sticking point which for me was 40kg but if you stay strict with the targets you'll eventually get that move up.

With regards to my OHTP being the same as the DB press. I could actually do quite a bit more on the OHTP but there aren't any bigger weights. I was doing the 50s on those a long time before I got near 50 on the DB.

Good luck getting back in to it.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: January 15, 2013, 12:53:56 PM »

26th July 2011 40kg x 10, 42.5kg x 10, 45kg x 6, 45kg x 6

1st August 2011 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 4

9th August 2011 45kg x 6, 45kg x 5, 40kg x 8

16th August 2011 40kg x 8, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5

20th December 2011 25kg x 16, 40kg x 8, 50kg x 4,

15th January 2013 20kg x 10, 25kg x 8, 25kg x 8, 25kg x 8,

Massive f**king sigh. Hopefully it won't take too long to get back up there but the weights above are definitely all I could possibly manage. Scary to think that 6 months ago I could press twice as much weight!!

Doesn't take long to lose it I guess.

I kind of knew I'd be a bit weak. I know that I'm smaller than I was because of how my clothes don't fit quite the same. Obviously if I've lost some size then I'll have lost some muscle as well and with that goes some strength.

I'm more determined than ever to stick with this now. Really buzzing about getting back to the 50s asap. I've got my training partner on the same challenge but his target's the 35s. It'll definitely help having 2 of us doing the same thing.

Shoulders tomorrow morning then finish off with back of Thursday. Feels good to be back Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 15, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »

I know what you mean about working out from home. I tried it years ago and it just doesn't work. As you say it's just too easy to do something else instead.

Would be good to see you get back in to it. I'm hoping to stick with it myself this year so I've set the dumbell challenge as a motivator. Perhaps you could do the same? If you can OHTP 40 there's the potential to get up to the same on the bench.

I'd recommend doing something similar to my challenge last year. Target reps of 8, drop down 2.5kg if you do less than 6 step up 2.5kg if you manage 10 or more. You'll hit a sticking point which for me was 40kg but if you stay strict with the targets you'll eventually get that move up.

With regards to my OHTP being the same as the DB press. I could actually do quite a bit more on the OHTP but there aren't any bigger weights. I was doing the 50s on those a long time before I got near 50 on the DB.

Good luck getting back in to it.

I was ok for the first few months of doing it, but then I had a few trips away, was ill for a bit and it just becomes more sporadic.

I was doing the odd chest/arms session before xmas, but we're moving house and my training area has been overtaken by boxes in the conservatory.

I'm going downhill fast with an Augustus Gloop diet and inactive daily routine, so sounds like a good plan. I'll be going back shortly, so once I have will see where I'm at on the DB Press and workout a target from there.

As you know diet is the key, so once we've settled into the new place in a couple weeks I will try and get that nailed. I had a training partner in 2011, we used to train 4x a week every week and didn't miss a session for about 4 months. He got a new mrs and it was 3x a week for a bit, then 2 and eventually he just stopped training.

I was doing 20s ok in the gym at home before xmas, but they're Olympic DB and a little more awkward than normal. Hopefully I'll start on the 25s, but will have to see what the state of my chest is.

That makes sense now, the ones at our gym go up to 70 and I was just thinking along those lines. I'll be happy enough if I can get back up around the weights I was lifting 18 months ago anyway.

Cheers and the same to yourself Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: January 15, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »

Just had to google Augustus Gloop. Cheesy

I'm happy to help out with a bit of motivation if you want me to. I'm not in to excuses or any of that crap, I'm a tell it like it is type of person. I understand there's limits to what every man can physically do but when it comes to diet or lame excuses I've got no tolerance whatsoever.

Your diet's probably the best place to start to be honest. I'm back on a decent diet now and combined with training in the morning it's already making me feel less lethargic.

Is there any real reason you couldn't go to the gym tomorrow? I appreciate you have your health issues but are any of those stopping you at the moment or is it just a struggle to get back in to it?

They used to have 70s at my old gym. I could OHTP those pretty easy. Miss those days Sad

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 17, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »

First full week completed at last. It's been pretty tough and I'm aching quite a lot but that should all ease down over the next few weeks.

I seem to be back in to the routine of getting up at 6 to get to the gym for 7 which was always going to be the toughest thing to do.

I much prefer training after work but unfortunately it's just not practical so it's early mornings for the foreseeable future.

The diet's been going quite well. I've been having something along the lines of the following every day:

6.30am protein shake + 50g oatmeal before training

8.30am - 4 egg whites + 2 yolks on 2 x pitta bread

10.30am - flapjack

12.30pm - Tin of tuna

2.30pm - Flapjack

5pm - Protein shake

9pm - supper of 200g chicken/cow + some kind of sauce + rice/pasta + 2 x pitta

This is far from strict and if I slip I won't be beating myself up over it. Last night for example I had a huge pizza. It's really not an issue as although it's not great it's only ever going to be a couple of times a week.

Tonight's going to be the usual 5/6 pints + curry and again I really don't care.

I'm not bothered about being super ripped like I used to be. I'm happier being able to have the occasional treat so I'm going to stick to this routine for now. Maybe later in the year I might have a go at getting some abs back but at the moment I'd rather be able to eat/drink whatever I want.

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: