blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Your privacy is important to us
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your privacy is important to us  (Read 2171 times)
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »

lol

TMobile pwned!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8364421.stm

Earlier today they were keeping quiet on which company they were investigating, then "But after 02, Vodafone, Orange, 3 and Virgin said they were not the subject of the investigation, T-Mobile confirmed it had been." Cheesy

Been looking to cashout ££ from a couple of poker sites over the last month, they're demanding copies of passports and credit cards. **** that. Not safe imo.
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 07:02:08 PM »

""Indeed, T-Mobile has expressed its anger at the way the ICO handled the story. "We had been asked before today to keep all information on this case strictly confidential so as to avoid prejudice to the investigation and prosecution. We were therefore surprised at the way in which these statements were made to the BBC today.""

Irony win!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 07:28:24 PM »

lol

TMobile pwned!!

Earlier today they were keeping quiet on which company they were investigating, then "But after 02, Vodafone, Orange, 3 and Virgin said they were not the subject of the investigation, T-Mobile confirmed it had been." Cheesy

Been looking to cashout ££ from a couple of poker sites over the last month, they're demanding copies of passports and credit cards. **** that. Not safe imo.

So are you just never going to cash out then?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 07:30:38 PM »

Don't people just black out the crucial digits?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:37:26 PM »

lol

TMobile pwned!!

So are you just never going to cash out then?

Not enough there to justify the risk really. A mate of mine is in law and at one point Ebay demanded all those details from him or they would shut his account, so he let them close it, saying that from his experience, it just wasn't worth the risk. Ccard and passport copies gold dust for ID cloners, apparently. The companies talk all this crap about your data being 'secure' but how are they preventing some dude in the office just passing your info on to some broker in India?
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 07:38:24 PM »

Don't people just black out the crucial digits?

I asked them if this was ok and they refused, saying it was 'required under EU law' blah blah
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »

You worry too much!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »

You worry too much!

Sadly yes Cheesy

I remember an IT teacher from way back telling me how when he fills in these forms he regularly misspells his middle name in various ways, so he can trace future leaks of information. His paranoia rubbed off on me I guess Cheesy
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »

does it worry you that your bank have access to your bank details?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 07:49:47 PM »

A bit, yeah. But at least they make efforts to record data-access by employees (I think). Who is regulating the poker sites? For all I know they can be storing my cc and passport details in some back office in Mumbai where every Tom Dick and Sanjeef has access to it.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »

When I was a student I used to work in T-mobile phone shops and we used to have to scan two proofs of ID with every contract sale or 1 for an upgrade.

Standard procedure was always to black out things like sort code/3-digit pin numbers etc.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »

When I was a student I used to work in T-mobile phone shops and we used to have to scan two proofs of ID with every contract sale or 1 for an upgrade.

Standard procedure was always to black out things like sort code/3-digit pin numbers etc.

How much did you get for selling on my details?Huh?? Wink
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 08:52:39 PM »

A bit, yeah. But at least they make efforts to record data-access by employees (I think). Who is regulating the poker sites? For all I know they can be storing my cc and passport details in some back office in Mumbai where every Tom Dick and Sanjeef has access to it.

This is more likely to happen with your details given to the bank tbh.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: