blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 12:00:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272953 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Chompy's Recidivist 2010 G Luton League/Scrabble thread
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 588 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chompy's Recidivist 2010 G Luton League/Scrabble thread  (Read 841157 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: February 22, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »

I've decided I'm now on a heater, so I'm back tonight imo. More snow going on in the fens this morning, though, so could use another patented Rockstar Luton weather forecast.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 22, 2010, 09:56:48 AM »

'Gotcha' (A.Gotch)                               294
'G-Man's Perfect Night In' (G.Rodge)             203
'The Rock-Steady Crew' (P.Noonan)                171
'Jonny’s Plums' (D.Johnson)                      116
'A Glass Half Full' (G.Snitcherson)              114
'Holdorfantasyfolk' (M.Bashir)                   113
'Prime Beef' (J.Buffenbarger)                    113
'Sad Muppet Time' (D.Colton)                     111
'Most Of The Time They Can't Call' (G.Wheldon)   105
'I'll Never Be As Good As Chompy' (V.Calenti)    105
'Edna's All Stars' (E.Adams)                     100
'TV's Anthony Kendall' (A.Kendall)               99
'Fake Madrid' (G.Symons)                         95
'Alien Attack' (D.Allen)                         82
'If You Can't Beat'Em, Join'Em' (G.Dealer)       82
'Last Men Standing' (P.Ephremsen)                76
'Deer's Testicles FTW' (G.Kan)                   76
'Re-Binked' (A.McBride)                          71
'Hurrah, It's The Luton Rifles' (M.Jarvis)       67
'Property Express All-Stars' (I.Needleman)       45
'Ball Till U Fall’ (A.Martin)                    38
'Muck All In' (C.Poulton)                        34

Points here, there and every farking where last night. Even when Rockstar's team has a quiet night it finds a way to chisel out a score, this time thanks to Tikay.
Elsewhere, Greg was the main mover thanks to selecting both me and the old dude, while natural order has been restored at the foot of the table. Also, 8pts for D.J Miller's two followers.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
GMan

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 22, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »

Heavy snow round my way(Stevenage) would not recommend coming down unless you feel really lucky may affect tonights tournament figure wise. 1030am

Well done for yesterday nice to see you out playing as all and binking Rockstars Ak with 10 4 off!!

My challenge for you next week for Drainy is can you defend the Title??

Trivia question maximum outs in holdem is 23(correct or not) what is it in omaha 4 card (is it 30)Huh? anyone know or a good site were that trivia would be?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 22, 2010, 11:53:02 AM »

Oops, forgot about the 10 4 off hand. Rockstar 'priced me in' by not raising the Luton standard 8xBB utg. Too much finesse by half that lad.

Will have to risk it tonight imo. No Masterchef and it's not a Guttenplan night on Uni Chal, so meh.

Anyone know how many the Omahaha dragged in last night? I know it was deer's testicles ftw and Ding in second but it's all about whether there were 25+?

Ba-boom-ba-boom, pressure...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:01:57 PM by Chompy » Logged

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1759 on: February 22, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »

Oops, forgot about the 10 4 off hand. Rockstar 'priced me in' by not raising the Luton standard 8xBB utg. Too much finesse by half that lad.

Will have to risk it tonight imo. No Masterchef and it's not a Guttenplan night on Uni Chal, so meh.

Anyone know how many the Omahaha dragged in last night? I know it was deer's testicles ftw and Ding in second but it's all about whether there were 25+?

Ba-boom-ba-boom, pressure...

Gavin is in my dream team and I have an uneasy feeling that there were only 24 runners.

Well played him and Ding in any event!
Rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 22, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »

24 runners only for the Omaha confirmed

Roads seem passable at present in general location of the G

Will have a drive around mid afternoon and let you know how its looking

Agreed on Kevin Twigg,class act with more "game" than Toys `r` Us

This internet 3 bet,hows your father,aggro,mentalism,loonie tunes style that is apparently "new" has been used by the likes of Mr.Twigg for years

Proper player

"Jimmy White told me the other night he hates name droppers,i had to agree"
Dave Johnson August 2010
GMan

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 22, 2010, 01:15:42 PM »

Yeap 24 it was 1 off fo Gav and Ding Dong!!

Mine for the taking but couldnt make the hero call against John Ruppin And Ian!! NExt time.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 22, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »

A field of 24 is deserving of Luther's roflcoptor imo. Sumptuous stuff. UL Pizzled and Ding.

On the 'always interesting to know how certain players feel about others' front, was talking to Mr Twigg about Western regs a while back. He said he wouldn't class himself in the same bracket as Gary Bush, who's 'as good as there is'. Not played with Mr Bush much myself but that's stuck in my mind ever since.

The thaw has begun already here. Heard they've been cancelling flight at Luton airport but conditions seem to be improving. Let the heater continue. What price another field of 24 tonight?

luther101

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 22, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »

On the 'always interesting to know how certain players feel about others' front, was talking to Mr Twigg about Western regs a while back. He said he wouldn't class himself in the same bracket as Gary Bush, who's 'as good as there is'. Not played with Mr Bush much myself but that's stuck in my mind ever since.

Agree with Twiggy    .....     Bushy's one of the best 'all round readers' I've ever seen (luckily - for most - he rarely bothers to play poker with the Unworthy).

Chompy - amidst all this celebrating your first Luton win since Magna Carta - I was under the impression that you begged Gumbo for the 'chop' deal (some said on bended knees), even though you were a massive chipleader!

Were you that nervous that you'd end up third?
Rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:05 PM »

Roads are clear in Luton

Traffic runneth smoothly

Will jump in Luthers roflcopter in a bit for an eye in the sky view

"Jimmy White told me the other night he hates name droppers,i had to agree"
Dave Johnson August 2010
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 22, 2010, 04:41:14 PM »

Lay off Hirvana please, he plsyed like a true Legend last night.

Handsome Paul popped it up on the Button, Glenn thinks he can defend with Q-T. The flop coms Q-high, somehow 50,000 chips are flying into the middle, but Handsome Pauls Pocket Aces hold. Nirvana looked crestfallen. "You CAN'T have Aces there" says he, as he exits the room. Great stuff.

A bizare MDD play. Blinds 1,500-3,000, MDD has 18,000, so 6xBB. He LIMPS UTG - must be Aces, people are running out of the building acreaming "MDD HAS ACES" Pino, oblivious to subtlety, shoves, & MDD folds!

Donkalot arrived at the Table with 60,000, & it took him fuly 15 minutes to donk them all off. The highlight was Nirvana shoving for 20k with 7-5 & Donks snapping him off with J-T, which missed, but the rivered 5 was a thing of beauty, & the two squabbled for ages. "How could you push with that/how could you call with that" sorta thing. Well until Donks departed, several minutes later.

I managed to shove my 4xBB in 83 times, & never got looked up once. But eventually, I got donk-called by the Chippy with A-K, & my Q-2 failed to hold. Happy with 5th for £400, very.

In Level One, M3Boy Button-Raised my BB with 7-7, & I flatted with 2-2. The acting by us both on the 7-2-9 flop would put them BAFTA pouffes to shame. Somehow I managed to only do half my stack there. I was one card from busto a few hands later when my confident Turn bet got upped, & I had to call needing a club to survive. Binko Bango Bongo.

A most enjoyable evening.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 22, 2010, 05:20:33 PM »

Yeap 24 it was 1 off fo Gav and Ding Dong!!

Mine for the taking but couldnt make the hero call against John Ruppin And Ian!! NExt time.

Loved the game, Gavin very kindly offered a chop heads up  - I had donked almost all my chips to him earlier on the FT- lucky for me he had an early start the next day so he was happy to do some business.  I hope this comp goes from strength to strength, really enjoyed it.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 22, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »

Handsome Paul popped it up on the Button, Glenn thinks he can defend with Q-T. The flop coms Q-high, somehow 50,000 chips are flying into the middle, but Handsome Pauls Pocket Aces hold. Nirvana looked crestfallen. "You CAN'T have Aces there" says he, as he exits the room. Great stuff.

A bizare MDD play. Blinds 1,500-3,000, MDD has 18,000, so 6xBB. He LIMPS UTG - must be Aces, people are running out of the building acreaming "MDD HAS ACES" Pino, oblivious to subtlety, shoves, & MDD folds!

Donkalot arrived at the Table with 60,000, & it took him fuly 15 minutes to donk them all off. The highlight was Nirvana shoving for 20k with 7-5 & Donks snapping him off with J-T, which missed, but the rivered 5 was a thing of beauty, & the two squabbled for ages. "How could you push with that/how could you call with that" sorta thing. Well until Donks departed, several minutes later.

I managed to shove my 4xBB in 83 times, & never got looked up once. But eventually, I got donk-called by the Chippy with A-K, & my Q-2 failed to hold. Happy with 5th for £400, very.

In Level One, M3Boy Button-Raised my BB with 7-7, & I flatted with 2-2. The acting by us both on the 7-2-9 flop would put them BAFTA pouffes to shame. Somehow I managed to only do half my stack there. I was one card from busto a few hands later when my confident Turn bet got upped, & I had to call needing a club to survive. Binko Bango Bongo.

Reportage is slightly awry (easy to forgive for the obv reasons) -  had the handsome one covered when they flew in.

I went on to have an opportunity to call and raise fist pump shove my AT into QQ for the exit.

Was fun, well done on the result  and to Gavin & Tracy too

sola virtus nobilitat
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 22, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »

Yes... Me thinks the old mans recollections a little hazy.... The nirvana hand was 9k more and i was at this point steaming at my inability to win a race of any kind... this also with Glen telling the table his shipping ATC if folded to him 17 times in two minutes...red wine is a great lip loosener...

Sigh..never learn played well all night ( apart from one horrendous call with AQ to glendersons 4 bet shove)

[ ] I sure outbinked his AK

That left me chewing the table in frustration with myself

...chipped up to 60k having had 2 hands all night by outplaying the flotsam down the streets and then veer from plan A which is not to call peoples medium shoves even with rough odds as I race as well as Shergar post disappearance.

If i stop calling the math calls i can easily re-chip and more by playing my standard game, i have absolutely no good reason to get involved in pre flop shove fests as i can easily gain chips with pretty much no risk at all... last 2 tables is comical 80% of em sitting there absolutely petrified to play a hand unless its top 5 ...

WP the guy who flatted with AQ to my KQ ep raise and gets  a binktastic Q high flop.Worst thing for me hitting my hand as i take the pot on the flop or turn. Then he sits folding for 47 hands in a row... letting me chew his blinds back for what i lost to him and thinks his playing poker.

So three races three losses... wish i was one of these people who hit virtually everything... I win one or two of those and i go on to lock top 3 min... but hey ho

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 22, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »

Good to see I've got both boys biting.

Oh, & "80% of them wait for the top 5 hands"?

Excuse me. Top 2.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 588 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: