blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 03:12:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.  (Read 137647 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2009, 10:31:34 PM »

I assume the fraudulent deposits lose their money ?

No, under the t and cs of the cards it is returned to them and the chargeback falls on skin or provider depending on contract

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2009, 10:33:02 PM »

can you transfer BP so it becomes a white skin under a big skin like BoylePoker just like BlackBeltPoker  , not sure if you get as much % rake but should not suffer fines + they can deal with cashier etc for you , if not may be better for Blonde to get good affiliate deal somewhere

Thank you. All options currently open including thoughts like yours quoted and progressing as quick as I can.

My eyes are open wide
tiltdonkey16
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »

So what skins/Networks are you now looking at?

I'd prefer to keep that private for the time being. As soon as we have something concrete to announce we will. It is the nature of these things that a lot of phone calls are made, meetings undertaken etc and there are a few ideas from tikay in the early posts on the thread of the sort of things we are looking at

Cool, will watch with interest. The Merge Network looks quite good front end wise
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:49 PM »

by the way, I see this thread and the implications of it quoted on a lot of forums. All interesting stuff with some good perspectives from all sides.

If anyone reading it is interested in talking to us or effecting introductions or has innovative ideas and solutions, I'm all ears.

Please contact me on rich.prew@btinternet.com.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »

So what skins/Networks are you now looking at?

I'd prefer to keep that private for the time being. As soon as we have something concrete to announce we will. It is the nature of these things that a lot of phone calls are made, meetings undertaken etc and there are a few ideas from tikay in the early posts on the thread of the sort of things we are looking at

Cool, will watch with interest. The Merge Network looks quite good front end wise

Yes it does, and I have spoken to them thanks. I went for a lie down after the set up cost was given to me, but still....

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2009, 11:18:02 PM »

Quote from: Royal Flush link=topic=45532.msg1090 #msg1090936 date=1259091897
Eeerm well we made the max deposit like 250$ then got 16k in chargebacks with no proof, what would you call them instead of crooks? That was 16k in a month, we always get 5k plus a month.
Are you sure these bills aint coming from the Nigerian Foreign Minister?
Seriously though,if I was being hit with demands like that I would be insisting on a full breakdown and justification for every penny before paying them anything.As you are all seasoned businessmen I assume this has been done.

We don't have that choice - they stop the money at source, deduct it from what's due to us in Rake & Fees each month. So this month we ended up £7,000 negative.

We do think there was a lack of "Duty of Care" in them accepting these dodgy deposits - at nil risk to Aqua, & 100% risk to us.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2009, 11:20:18 PM »

Eeerm well we made the max deposit like 250$ then got 16k in chargebacks with no proof, what would you call them instead of crooks? That was 16k in a month, we always get 5k plus a month.
Seriously though,if I was being hit with demands like that I would be insisting on a full breakdown and justification for every penny before paying them anything.As you are all seasoned businessmen I assume this has been done.

We don't have that choice - they stop the money at source, deduct it from what's due to us in Rake & Fees each month. So this month we ended up £7,000 negative.

We do think there was a lack of "Duty of Care" in them accepting these dodgy deposits - at nil risk to Aqua, & 100% risk to us.

Just tell them you are no longer in charge and that they need to speak to someone called Peter in Monte Carlo. It's worked for others.....
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2009, 11:26:20 PM »

Just tell them you are no longer in charge and that they need to speak to someone called Peter in Monte Carlo. It's worked for others.....

Rofl!!!

if only that would work with all other aspects of money collecting too.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
PSpillane

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2009, 02:43:34 AM »

The ideal world for a poker network would be one where every player was break-even in skill, ran equally averagely, and only ever dropped money to the rake i.e. into their pocket.

What actually happens is money funnels up the levels to the point where it is withdrawn from the 'poker economy' by players who actually cash-out when they win and spend the money on hookers and blow actual real world expenses.

I can see why this particularly hurts the bigger skins who are trying to attract newbies via advertising and who are suffering at the hands of smaller skins who are focusing on high volume rakeback hungry pros or semi-pros, but the way ipoker are going about managing this just seems absurd.

Of course some people will point at all this and say 'ooohh online poker is so dodgy it should be banned' but really it's a perfect illustration of why the government should be embracing the industry, getting the companies to onshore, and apply some proper, simple regulation.

I did lol at this, its so close to the truth! Rakeback is the major issue for skins of ip & the new policy on deposits/withdrawals is one way of tackling that issue which i support.
Regulation imho is desperately needed but who is going to invest in a cost that could run into millions,its survival of the fittest. Anyway back to the real world expenses.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2009, 01:24:19 PM »

Seriously though,if I was being hit with demands like that I would be insisting on a full breakdown and justification for every penny before paying them anything.
As you are all seasoned businessmen I assume this has been done.

Yes thanks

I have a full breakdown. Not one name I recognise, and not one penny has been recovered.

I won't go on, but its a nasty situation with zero visibility for us into the cashier and therefore not a lot to fight back with

i am pretty astonished at this.

whenever i make a deposit on BP  it shows on my bank statement as Aquapay. so they are the merchant. and BP have no visibility or control over which transactions are approved or declined. and yet BP have the ultimate responsibility of ensuring that all deposits are kosher.

what kind of crazy fucked up shady business are these people running.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2009, 01:27:42 PM »

Omg! just read this, Ipoker what a disgrace! how can we really trust any online poker site now...maybe it really is only safe to trust the Stars and Tilts of this world who run their own site with no skins and fines etc...or does stuff like this go on behind the scenes, maybe this is where the DOOM SWITCH comes in... Grin
donkeydude
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »

hey guys, just reading all this and almost dying. I am going through the process of getting an Ipoker skin at the moment and would love to talk with some of the owners or main guys of this site. Please PM me if you dont mind chatting. Thanks
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2009, 03:11:34 PM »

/blonde disolves
/mkdir BlondePoker2
/wipe all dept and shit hanging over
/take all users to blondpoker2

k.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »

hey guys, just reading all this and almost dying. I am going through the process of getting an Ipoker skin at the moment and would love to talk with some of the owners or main guys of this site. Please PM me if you dont mind chatting. Thanks

I have replied to your e-Mail.

I had an almost identical e-Mail from someone else going down the same route this morning.

Good Luck to you, is all I can say!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »

/blonde disolves
/mkdir BlondePoker2
/wipe all dept and shit hanging over
/take all users to blondpoker2

k.

Yup, simples.

I had the very same choice when I was 31, & refused to do it. It cost me £32,000 & my job, & left me totally boracic, but I never regretted it for one moment. In fact, I ended up better off by doing the decent thing.

It's about decency & honour, rather old-fashioned admittedly.

When a Company does that, it avoids all it's Debts, & can start the next morning, almost identical name, same crew, same staff, same everything. And someone on the other side - someone the company owed - will have lost their money. Hey-ho, that's life, eh?

In this case - Blonde Poker Web Ltd - the biggest creditor is one Richard Prew - Tighty. Because he worked without pay for over a year, & paid out of his own pocket for the Server Costs, & other incidentals.

See where I'm going with this?.......

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: