blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:03:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499657 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »

I back a fair amount of greyhounds when I have spare time and instead of starting a new thread every week about the Sky dogs and getting a few replies I thought I'd just pop everything into one thread.

The William Hill Oaks starts tonight over 480m at Wimbledon and I like the chances of Cabra Fly @ a best price 33/1. Cabra Fly has been whipping round Crayford of late and is an experienced dog who has good times over both 4 bend trips at Wimbledon. It should never be anything like 33s when there are other dogs as short as 7/1 so I will be investing a few of my pounds on it.

I've also backed Ardbeg Kate (14/1); Slick Sioux (25/1); and Cabra Exclusive (40/1) but think Cabra Fly is my best bet.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:12:16 PM by scotty2hatty » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:42:55 PM »

Essex Coral Vase Final night at Romford live on Sky Sports and there are a few decent races with some value to be had.

7:40 - The opening race is at 7:40 and I've went for T5 Foyle Mayor at a good price. This dog does a fair bit of sprinting and when over 4 bends tends to show very good early as witnessed earlier this month at Romford when he clocked 24:07 when beating Deanridge Flash. I think it'll make all here at 5/1. Tempted to also back T1 at 12/1 as if Foyle Mayor gets hit with trouble then it could be value on the inner.

8:00 - I'm going to be backing another 5/1 shot in the 2nd race in the shape of T3 Droopys Kirbee. Greedy Bridie was very impressive on Sky last week coming a close 2nd to the classy Midway Skipper and is a shortish favourite here but I think Kirbee can be too fast for him. Kirbee usually displays decent early pace but has been slow away on his last two starts - if he gets out tonight then he'll be a great bet. Last month Droopys Kirbee actually beat Greedy Bridie over this same trip.

8:15 - Freedom Man is an even price favourite for the hurdle race and I obviously can't back anything at that price so I've plumped for T5 Cats My Boy @ 12/1. Cats can show early and has some decent times over a number of tracks.

8:35 - I did my studying on Sunday and picked out T5 King Lee as my NAP and was praying we'd get some sort of price on it but no joy as it's 1/2 but has about 4 lengths on the best of the rest and will piss up.

8:50 - T5 Brickfield Dream won me a minor fortune last year when winning the Coral Essex Vase at a massive price but failed to make the final this year when losing out in the semi-finals. He's my favourite type of a dog, a dog with super early. This thing can fly out and has a recent time which is almost 3 lengths better than anything else in the race. Raving Black, as always, will be a danger but 10/3 for Dream will fill our pockets.

9:10 - I'm hoping T1 Me Buddy can be our friend in the 9:10 with a dominant display where I think he can make all at 5/2. His last two races have been fast and a similar display tonight will see us collecting. T6 Fire For Effect can go very fast but is far too unconvincing at the traps for me to be backing.

9:25 - T1 Melodys Comet has raced over the Romford 750m track on 5 occasions and has won 4 of those. Tonight he should make it 5 from 6 at a shortish 9/4. Lorrys Options looks like the nearest challenger but has only won one of it's last 11 races - not for me.

9:45 - The showcase race, the Coral Essex Vase Final. I've a really good feeling for T2 Bournes Masons and was hoping for around 4/1 but it's in as the 5/2 favourite. It's got a good draw on Go Big Hitter's left and its excellent early coupled with fast recent times make it a big bet for me. gogogogogogogogogogogo
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:46:43 PM »

Is that on sky tonight?

HI HELEN!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:55:34 PM »

Is that on sky tonight?

From Romford, yeah.

No doubt the Oaks final will be live on Sky too - the 15th I believe.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

The gf is buying me a puppy for Christmas.

Any advice what should we be looking for?

We would like a decent hound, then to have it as a pet afterwards.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »

How did you get into the hounds Scotty?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 05:37:44 PM »

Hanging about bettings shops after school when I was about 16/17 I guess. I could never really get into horse racing and obviously with football mostly at the weekends I tended to follow the dogs. Nowadays, I only really bet on football, greyhounds and MMA - never for any decent stakes.

The sport fascinates me for some reason and trying to break down a race to determine what is going to happen during the race is a challenge I enjoy. I've had some success finding competition winners this year too - with the Scottish Derby winner; the Blue Riband winner; and a 33/1 2nd place in the Brighton Belle. I'm no expert, but I enjoy it and the sight of your selection pinging the lids is incred.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 05:46:31 PM »

I like the 2 dog in the feature too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 07:41:32 PM »

Excellent start considering I have that in every combo I've got on.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »

Excellent start considering I have that in every combo I've got on.

And that was as good as it got with only one more winner. Only a small loss (as per every Sky card it seems) cos it was a decent 5/1 winner.

Chasing tonight and my main bet is on T5 Negotiate in the 9:45 at Harlow - predicted price 7/2. Think I'm due a winner.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 03:05:36 AM »

The William Hill Oaks starts tonight over 480m at Wimbledon and I like the chances of Cabra Fly @ a best price 33/1. Cabra Fly has been whipping round Crayford of late and is an experienced dog who has good times over both 4 bend trips at Wimbledon. It should never be anything like 33s when there are other dogs as short as 7/1 so I will be investing a few of my pounds on it.

I've also backed Ardbeg Kate (14/1); Slick Sioux (25/1); and Cabra Exclusive (40/1) but think Cabra Fly is my best bet.

Slick Sioux and Cabra Exclusive both made it through their semi-finals tonight and will line up in the final next week on Sky. Both trading about 6/1 on Betfair now according to Oddschecker. Would be sweet if Cabra Exclusive could bink this. Both ante-post favourites have made it through also.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 10:49:03 AM »

Hanging about bettings shops after school when I was about 16/17 I guess. I could never really get into horse racing and obviously with football mostly at the weekends I tended to follow the dogs. Nowadays, I only really bet on football, greyhounds and MMA - never for any decent stakes.

The sport fascinates me for some reason and trying to break down a race to determine what is going to happen during the race is a challenge I enjoy. I've had some success finding competition winners this year too - with the Scottish Derby winner; the Blue Riband winner; and a 33/1 2nd place in the Brighton Belle. I'm no expert, but I enjoy it and the sight of your selection pinging the lids is incred.

Cool, I kind of always associated anyone was into greyhounds as having grown up in the enviroment of them and around them, not sure why...  Always 'fancied' getting into them, but never have...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »

The gf is buying me a puppy for Christmas.

Any advice what should we be looking for?

We would like a decent hound, then to have it as a pet afterwards.

keith, what sort of age are you looking for? a young puppy u will rear or a pup almost ready to race and whats the budget?

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 02:31:47 AM »

It's the Oaks Final at Wimbledon live on Sky tomorrow night (or tonight, however you want to look at it, Tuesday night then). Two of the dogs that I picked out in the OP have made it to the final - Cabra Exclusive and Slick Sioux are both still big prices and looks like the bookies have discounted them but I'm hopeful of getting the EW money.

Cabra Exclusive will likely lead the Final which will at least give me a little bit of excitement. However, Tyrur Liz has proved to be much better than I anticipated and looks the most likely winner from trap 6 - with the prices reflecting that at 4/6. I'll not back anything in this race and just hope one of mine can pull off the upset win. It does happen.

Sometimes I wish the greyhounds weren't on Sky as it makes me bet on every race for the sake of it and it's likely I'll do the same tomorrow unfortunately.

There isn't much I like at first glance with only T4 Yahoo Jamie in the 8:50 really making much appeal. It's 5/2 at first show and I expected it to be shorter after it ran 27:52 round the 460m in a trial last week. To put that into perspective, Eye onthe Storm (Derby favourite) ran 27:54 last week. However, trials and races are different and there is quite a bit of early in the race so I'll be keeping stakes small.

Also likely to back:

7:40 - T6 Rio Ventura 7/1
8:00 - T1 Blonde Dee 9/2
8:35 - T4 Kinda Easy 7/2

Anyone else backing anything?
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 02:53:54 AM »

just studying myself scotty

like kinda easy as well huge at 7/2 can see it leading all the way.
will be opposing yahoo jamie and backing fire for effect, very very impressive last week at romford and has early to die for. can he stay im not sure but would love to see him trap out and then find out.
platinum lancelot in the hurdles looks a cert and get your mortagage on eye on the storm if you can get better than two spades on he wont get beat.

another interest for me will be aero bolt in the first. mark wallis's dog looks good value at 7's currently with totesport.

tyrur liz looks a few lengths faster than them in the final and with a clear should win comfortably.

the most interesting race for me is the 872metre race at 9.25pm. looking forward to the 8 bend debut ofdroopys del sol. this dog is widely tipped to be the next champion stayer taking over flying winners mantle. we will see a watchers race for sure.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 03:13:46 AM by inthebelly » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: