blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd.  (Read 221940 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: December 22, 2009, 09:30:11 AM »

[  ] Cos folds in live poker

[ X ] Standard flop when you're backed by Blatch

[ X ] Cooler

[  ] Rick Trigg's sick aggro brand of live poker isn't the greatest.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MadTurk

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 22, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »

hi
firstly i realy enjoyed playing deepstack as there was lots of flops even on final table that was brill thanks to dtd  and simon for that and really big well done to wadey to win it for me no disrespect to other players but  there was only 2 likely winners on final table as it happened he had way more chips than me to  start but well done and about the deal i was happy to take the nearly second price and about the second deal i was surprised beca on the first deal there was no more deal that was agreed thats why i played to win and attachted the chip leader knowing that  there was only 1 price so 2nd deal shouldnt happened oyher wise i wouldnt perhaps agreed the first 1
after all thanks to dtd and blondepoker for wonderfull weekend happy xmas all
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 22, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »

hi
firstly i realy enjoyed playing deepstack as there was lots of flops even on final table that was brill thanks to dtd  and simon for that and really big well done to wadey to win it for me no disrespect to other players but  there was only 2 likely winners on final table as it happened he had way more chips than me to  start but well done and about the deal i was happy to take the nearly second price and about the second deal i was surprised beca on the first deal there was no more deal that was agreed thats why i played to win and attachted the chip leader knowing that  there was only 1 price so 2nd deal shouldnt happened oyher wise i wouldnt perhaps agreed the first 1

very interesting thoughts from someone invloved in the deal process - if you deal giving 18k to the eventual winner should it stand?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 22, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »

While I was playing Rob Yong heads up (not a brag - I lost) we discussed this as Simon annouced the deal had been agreed by all 4 and the winner would receive 18k more. This was verbally binding so technically the deal was broken though I'm not sure that hand or the last 4 would have played out any differently.

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 22, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »

Btw who was the guest updater this weekend?

@GreekStein on twitter.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 22, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »

Btw who was the guest updater this weekend?

Dingdell, the weather got in the way unfortunately. A few Dingdell-isms would have topped the update off nicely

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Fluence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1206 on: December 22, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »

hi

Well played Yucel. You have always been one of my favourite players to watch/play against and I was really hoping you'd win it all (once the guy I had staked was KO'd). You are hugely entertaining and to be honest if everyone was wrapped up in a sleeping bag (hoodie) with shades and ipods never uttering a word the game would be so boring.

Regarding the (2nd) deal I don't have a problem with that. If I'm happy to take the deal then whatever happens after I've been KO'd wouldn't bother me. The thing that surprised me most was the guy with lowest chips taking such a low offer in the 1st deal. I'd never have taken that extra £7k when I was potentially giving up an extra £70k.

I play a lot at the Broadway as you know and frequently there deals are done and then further deals afterwards. It can't really be stopped IMO as they could always have a private chat and agree a secret 2nd deal anyway.

Congrats on the cash once again.

PS TightEnd: Great job BTW.
MadTurk

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 23, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »

hi

very interesting thoughts from someone invloved in the deal process - if you deal giving 18k to the eventual winner should it stand?
yes i should think so ones u agreed to have no further deal and winner takes 18 k thats what it should be otherwise i could have waited more deals to have more as i had more chips than the other 2 but i was wrong!
MadTurk

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: December 23, 2009, 02:22:09 PM »

hi

Well played Yucel. You have always been one of my favourite players to watch/play against and I was really hoping you'd win it all (once the guy I had staked was KO'd). You are hugely entertaining and to be honest if everyone was wrapped up in a sleeping bag (hoodie) with shades and ipods never uttering a word the game would be so boring.

Regarding the (2nd) deal I don't have a problem with that. If I'm happy to take the deal then whatever happens after I've been KO'd wouldn't bother me. The thing that surprised me most was the guy with lowest chips taking such a low offer in the 1st deal. I'd never have taken that extra £7k when I was potentially giving up an extra £70k.

I play a lot at the Broadway as you know and frequently there deals are done and then further deals afterwards. It can't really be stopped IMO as they could always have a private chat and agree a secret 2nd deal anyway.

Congrats on the cash once again.

PS TightEnd: Great job BTW.
thanks for your comment yeah i think game gets boring if no interesting things happen i try my best!about the 1st deal guy 4th plaice we#as having nightmares me on the table bullying him in fact i took most of his chips he just wanted the leave table with any money  lol in fact they were all worrying playing pots with me but thats life u wouldnt see me taking crap dealabout sungkasses and hodies thats all bull u dont need them if u can play! cheers
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 23, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »

Whilst at first I had no problem with the second deal I can understand MadTurk's comments completely.

Once you've agreed the 4 way chop you assume that there's no more laddering to be done so change your game plan to go outright for the win.

If Turk realises that there's actually an 8k or 10k step for laddering to second he probably plays very differently.

That being said as long as the second deal wasn't pre agreed between the other 2 prior to Turk's exit then there's nothing under handed going on so I guess it's up to them.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: