blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Finally, Megson out
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finally, Megson out  (Read 7952 times)
fatshaft

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »

Peace in our time. cupcake
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »

lol hughes favourite for job i just heard. Off to rob a bank and LAY LAY LAY
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »

never really had the fans support.  I wonder who will be taking over, jose or gus?  

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 01:16:11 PM »

lol hughes favourite for job i just heard. Off to rob a bank and LAY LAY LAY

mark hughes 9/4 with skybet!?

wtf!! 

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:08:14 PM »

my best mate plays for bolton so if i find out before the news, will try and help out for some free ££££
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 03:37:49 PM »

my best mate plays for bolton so if i find out before the news, will try and help out for some free ££££
i doubt he will find out before its announced... Non of the man city players knew hughes was going even though the decision was basically decided the week before...
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »

I think Megson has been pretty unlucky, I am not sure what Bolton expect to achieve but maintaining their premiership status means they have been punching above their weight for many years.

It is not like they have been used to a diet of brilliant expansive football in the past, me thinks they might live to regret this decision, thinking the grass is greener on the other side.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 04:15:06 PM »

I think they were going down either way and will still go down.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »

2 games in hand, win those and towards top half. will be pretty com if Hughes goes.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 04:16:52 PM »

Megson to Sheff Wed.

Either he or Irvine would stand a decent chance of keeping them up

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 04:17:13 PM »

end of the day it's tough for the chairman to continue to support hiim when the fans hate him.

Agree he's done as well as he can. Personally I hope they rot. Love it when fans think they're better than they are. I seem to remember Charlton calling for Curbishly's head when they had a bit of success and they were "languishing" in the bottom half

Look where they are now

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 04:30:21 PM »

end of the day it's tough for the chairman to continue to support hiim when the fans hate him.

Agree he's done as well as he can. Personally I hope they rot. Love it when fans think they're better than they are. I seem to remember Charlton calling for Curbishly's head when they had a bit of success and they were "languishing" in the bottom half

Look where they are now

not really. there was never a time when he was hated, not even disliked. in fact I can't remember a time when he was anything but loved at the valley. there was a period when we were close to europe but not quite there when it was thought he wasn't the man to push us that bit further but that was obv while we were top half and doing very well. in the end he left as a hero, very different to the megson situation

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »

I think Megson has been pretty unlucky, I am not sure what Bolton expect to achieve but maintaining their premiership status means they have been punching above their weight for many years.
Not sure how you quantify that, only 11 teams have more top flight years under theuir belt than Bolton?

It is not like they have been used to a diet of brilliant expansive football in the past, me thinks they might live to regret this decision, thinking the grass is greener on the other side.
Before my time as a Bolton fan, but you'd be wrong there as well, historically Bolton have been a pretty attacking team, that changed largely unde Fatso, and totally under Megson. And even under Allardyce, the days of JJ & Djorkaeff are pretty fresh in the memory.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 04:35:04 PM »

Look where they are now

not really. there was never a time when he was hated, not even disliked. in fact I can't remember a time when he was anything but loved at the valley. there was a period when we were close to europe but not quite there when it was thought he wasn't the man to push us that bit further but that was obv while we were top half and doing very well. in the end he left as a hero, very different to the megson situation

Not how I remember it. Perhaps as a fan you're more qualified than me but the way I remember it was that a lot were calling for his head, that he had taken the club as far as he could. Obv he left a hero but people wanted a change. Well done the fans.

The fact is fans know fuck all about football, fuck all about how to run a club and are as so ridiculously fickle they just forget the times when they were some half team in league one/two.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »

Look where they are now
Simple question - would you have him at your team as your next manager?  This is so reminiscent of Jimmy Calderwood, everyone telling fans how lucky we were to have him, but once he gets sacked, astonishingly no-one else wants to employ him. Funny that. It'll be a long time before Megson manages again, if ever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: