blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:55:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  FFS !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FFS !!!  (Read 5039 times)
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »

Davis in as caretaker meantime ... I love that fella ... drew my number out of the drum for the half time draw one game ... paid for my season ticket and left a few quid over for a night in Bradford ... good times Cheesy

Bradford good night??? you must of been very drunk
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 05:24:40 PM »

The night out in Bradford was for a ruby of epic proportions ... best curry houses in the land... you know they are good when there are no knives and forks or waiters in gay waistcoats, and the place is rammers full of locals.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 05:29:31 PM »

Davis in as caretaker meantime ... I love that fella ... drew my number out of the drum for the half time draw one game ... paid for my season ticket and left a few quid over for a night in Bradford ... good times Cheesy

A season ticket is about £500, therefore how much it the draw for?

The draw at celtic park is for £8000!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 05:34:22 PM »

was a good few years back, i nicked £850 ... was 50p a ticket.

ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 05:38:15 PM »

sigh its only like 800 sheets ftw on a match day at a quid a ticket now! pretty com that i convince myself that donating a diver a game is good for the club and the youth setup when really what Iam doing is feeding my gambling needs when there is abs no need...

Sure will fold sir.......
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 05:53:48 PM »

I think it's a step up but not a huge one. If they are trebling his wages that's going to be a big pull.  He was obviously on good money at Burnley but he's gone from his kids not needing to earn any money to his grandkids not needing to either. There isn't much job security for a manager so it's understandble him wanting to make more money.
If he got relegated with Burnley and then failed to challenge next season he could be out of a job. Look at Irvine - turns down a better job and more money at West Brom only to end up out of work 5 months later.
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 06:24:43 PM »

Please Burnley board show BWFC how to properly conduct a manager search with dignity and honour, which is what I know will happen...
Asked to speak to manager, allowed to speak to manager, spoke to manager, manager says he's going. What's the problem there?
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 06:55:23 PM »

Please Burnley board show BWFC how to properly conduct a manager search with dignity and honour, which is what I know will happen...
Asked to speak to manager, allowed to speak to manager, spoke to manager, manager says he's going. What's the problem there?

nah not as easy as that - gartside is reported to have been at Coyle's family do in Scotland after the MK dons game on Saturday - it was also Gartside who recommended Coyle to Burnley 18 months ago for the job. I think you would have to be very very naive to believe that Coyle has not been tapped you for the job, look at the way the odds came in massively before any official approach was made by BWFC.

In contrast I think the way the BFC board has managed themselves, especially Barry Kilby on SSN this aft was fantastic, no man is bigger than the club - and it has become pretty apparent that Coyle leaving Burnley was down to wages in part, but more available transfer funds - something Barry Kilby was not willing to shift on to risk the long term future of the club.

In reality the god we so desperately seeked and should have hailed was not the once almighty Owen Coyle, but the passionate, loyal and true claret Barry Kilby.

Despite the fact that the club currently looks like a bit of a joke, i.e. another club has managed to poach (yes I did use that verb) our manager whilst being below us in the table - it does belittle our presence in the league tbh, it is Burnley, the fans and the staff who will come out of the saga without the stench of disloyality, lies, ego or in fact breach of Premiership rules and guidelines....

fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »

When it was announced, and when Burnley actually gave permission may be two very different things indeed. The fact Coyle hid from the press on Sunday, suggests the meeting was pre-arranged.

Gartside and yer man are on very good terms, Gartside as you know even recommended him for that job, so I highly doubt anything underhand went on.
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »

I suppose we will never know the full details of what has gone on.. alarm bells started to ring when he missed the post match interview at Milton Keynes tbh - I think a large percentage of the fans would at least like to have an explanation of his reasons for leaving, etc - as the last thing we have heard in an interview (On the 30th Jan) was that the BWFC "Was a great job for somebody else" and that he still "Has a job to do at Turf Moor."

Gartside may or many not be guilty of breaching Premiership regulations, time will tell as I am pretty sure BFC will be making a complaint about what has occured over the last 6/7 days. What can be said though is that he comes across as a very gut throat business man - lets hope this particular move fails!!

In my opinion BWFC and its fans dont really deserve this move, Owen Coyle despite his now tarnished reputation in terms of loyality and sense of own worth, remains probably the brightest young manager in British football - yet BWFC have managed to secure his appointment by barracking the board and the former manager, when in my opinion he did a pretty good job there over the 2 year spell.

Bolton will struggle FACT!
Burnley will struggle FACT!

Lets hope that the Coyle's move to BWFC ensures our safety in the FAPL - one can only hope..

stribling

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »

can this just eb teh FFS for me to vent thread if not then f*** it!!!!! Deportivo were out at 6.50 why don't I bloody think your never going to get involved when the team that should win actually win! so go crazy on the 6.50 odds and make a bloody profit! One bloody time!!! I swear its all match fixing... the lot of it! I need to make some sort of Tuff_Fish video to anger myself out!

You have to Risk it for the biscuit!!!
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 10:48:40 PM »

I suppose we will never know the full details of what has gone on.. alarm bells started to ring when he missed the post match interview at Milton Keynes tbh - I think a large percentage of the fans would at least like to have an explanation of his reasons for leaving, etc - as the last thing we have heard in an interview (On the 30th Jan) was that the BWFC "Was a great job for somebody else" and that he still "Has a job to do at Turf Moor."
Sure he will, but he couldn't do that before he's actually taken the next job.

I think you've been really unlucky that the three jobs that he'd probably most want (other than a Barcelona ldo) have all come calling these last six months, Celtic & Scotland have probably chipped away at his resolve, and Bolton have benefited.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED07%20Jan%202010%2012%3A55%3A01%3A490

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that would be justice imo Longy.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 03:44:05 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that would be justice imo Longy.

It would be extremely ironic, i will give you that.

I know i am bias but I honestly think this would be an extremly risky move by Lambert if he did go, if he wants to get to the very top or at least Celtic. Spending more than 12 months in a job and actually building something looks a hell of a let better than taking every job that moves you further up the ladder.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: