blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:31:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Super 50 with £10,000 g'teed starts this weekend !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super 50 with £10,000 g'teed starts this weekend !  (Read 11601 times)
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »

Omg dunno what I got my self into!!
Its gonna be a long day hopefully I will go deep again

Just me
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »

Omg dunno what I got my self into!!
Its gonna be a long day hopefully I will go deep again
lol im tilted even though im up 5k already...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2010, 03:02:40 PM »

Four alternates got in, so 274 runners.

£4,233 first prize, which would be nice...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2010, 03:09:14 PM »

5k£ or just in chips?

Just me
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2010, 03:20:48 PM »

Someone reg me for tomorrow pls and I'll sort out the money 2moz

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2010, 03:56:10 PM »

Someone reg me for tomorrow pls and I'll sort out the money 2moz

sorted. Thx Kinboshi

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »

LOL Just got a call from the Boshi ... he is out already !

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
mike saban

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »

[ x ] attended
[   ] played well
[ x ] out already.

DTD are going to run this next weekend as well probably due to the numbers that turned up today, met its 270 cap, 40 odd alternates and 40 more turned away apparently.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:58:11 PM by mike saban » Logged

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »

Idiot 4 bet shoved me with q9 I called with aj game over me

Dunno if I want to play tomorrow lol

Just me
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »

Wow

Even with the weather over 350 players turned up to play our first Super 50 , we hit the 270 cap at 12.30pm and started with 40 alternates and turned away another 40 the majority of which bought in to tomorrows . Only 4 of the alternates got in but they had 4 cash games to play in while waiting.

We already have over 100 registered for tomorrow so buy in online up till 10am tomorrow or get here early to secure your seat.

First prize is £4233 , not bad for £50 lol.

Due to the overwhelming success and the gap that this event fills in the market we have decided to repeat it next weekend .

There will be two differences , we will open at 1pm and start at 3pm , this helps with staffing issues at such short notice but we will also have to reduce the 270 cap , the guarantee will remain at £10,000 but the cap will be just 207 , if we can rustle up a few extra dealers we will try to accommodate a few more.

Please register early to avoid disappointment.

Cheers

ACES

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »

Due to the overwhelming success and the gap that this event fills in the market we have decided to repeat it next weekend .

There will be two differences , we will open at 1pm and start at 3pm , this helps with staffing issues at such short notice but we will also have to reduce the 270 cap , the guarantee will remain at £10,000 but the cap will be just 207 , if we can rustle up a few extra dealers we will try to accommodate a few more.

This is pure madness. Reducing the cap means more risk of not getting to play so less people turning up. If more turn up they just get pissed off and don't come again.

I can't understand why you have a cap in place for these new comps when it is the first one. If it's to make sure the comp finishes on time fair enough but I don't think that is an issue here. Surely if you have extra dealers to cope with a bigger field for the first one you then have a guage for the second one? Yes you might end up having to send a few dealers home and waste a few quid but surely that's better than turning 80 people away?

I understand that sorting staff for these is a major issue but turning people away should be a much bigger concern.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »

This is pure madness. Reducing the cap means more risk of not getting to play so less people turning up. If more turn up they just get pissed off and don't come again.

I can't understand why you have a cap in place for these new comps when it is the first one. If it's to make sure the comp finishes on time fair enough but I don't think that is an issue here. Surely if you have extra dealers to cope with a bigger field for the first one you then have a guage for the second one? Yes you might end up having to send a few dealers home and waste a few quid but surely that's better than turning 80 people away?

I understand that sorting staff for these is a major issue but turning people away should be a much bigger concern.

I think the problem is not enough staff at this short notice, not too many and turning the away.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »

I think the problem is not enough staff at this short notice, not too many and turning the away.

That's fair enough for tomorrow but why not have extra staff available today?

That way they don't have to turn anybody away and have an idea for next month (or next week as it has now become) as to how many will turn up.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2010, 07:49:46 PM »

Now we are a 7 day operation we rely on brining in outside dealers for our weekend events.

There were only 7 available this weekend so we could only facilitate 270 , we are planning to train another 15 dealers but this takes time.

Our rotas are done at least 2 weeks in advance so some of those that had next weekend off have made other plans , we know we can cover 207 and if we can get more we will announce that the cap has been increased.

We don't want to turn players away but you can't just assume 360 are going to turn up and even if we had planned for that the knock on effect to our evening tournaments for our regulars would be disastrous with both events having to be capped which is also unfair.

With 270 we know that as the tournament breaks down the dealers spare combined with those due in for the evening will allow us to run our events to their normal capacity.

We are the only venue in the country that still runs all their weekly schedule along side festival events.

In general considering we run up to 4 tournaments simultaneously as well as cash games i think we do a good job.

Also bare in mind if all our dealers are dealing the tournament which we operate at a loss we can't have cash games running that keep the club viable.

Cheers

ACES

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2010, 11:30:00 PM »

I see Maria and Frankie are in the last ten !!  gl both.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: