blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Settle a simple argument for me
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Settle a simple argument for me  (Read 3486 times)
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 04:42:21 AM »

shove ainec?

Christopher Brammer
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »

Shove, i wouldn't do the other 3 any % of the time.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 05:49:19 AM »

fold
shove
raise
call

It depends who is on the blinds too and what stacks they have + the other stack sizes behind you also.
If its a total crapshoot then probs shove

Just me
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 06:02:50 AM »

fold
shove
raise
call

It depends who is on the blinds too and what stacks they have + the other stack sizes behind you also.
If its a total crapshoot then probs shove

lol we have 12bb and a king and a jack arrrrr in

Christopher Brammer
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »

Fwiw sngwiz likes shoving based on cEV on average you gain approx 100 chips by shoving as opposed to folding. This isn't a very range sensitive spot and making opponents tight or loose makes not too much difference.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »

I went for: -

Fold
Shove
Raise
Call

+1

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 11:12:46 AM »

this

Sure will fold sir.......
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »

in a live game this def depends on stack sizes and WHO is in the blinds - i really think there is a huge void in comprehension of shove-botting between old school and more modern thinkers

but id go for

fold
shove
raise
call (never)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 05:47:23 PM »

OK my order was:

Shove
Fold
Raise to 1k
Call

Kev's was:

Raise to 1k
Fold
Shove (which he thinks is awful btw)
Call

I personally think folding/shoving are both close but would usually get them in here.

Consequently he raised to 1k, tight nit from a local game called with KQ and the flop came K22

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »

Well you're not getting called by much worse unless there's a big stack in the blinds and you've been very active nicking.

You maybe get weak aces to pass by nits and KQ may have laid down depending on his stack and nittiness.

This all depends on how active you've been but if you think every hand that beats KJ is calling and every hand losing to KJ is folding then this is effectively an atc shove anyway. Obviously KJ has loads more 50 50 potential against pairs which will call so we much prefer KJ there but then again atc has more bink potential against hands like AJ, AK and KQ so they might even offset each other.

So if you've been active nicking then this is a shove because you may get called by worse. If you've been inactive it's a shove no matter what you've got because people will fold better and you build a reputation to get called later when your KJ or similar is actually ahead.

Hmmmm...... I've just read this back and it might possibly make no sense. I don't care though because at least I know what I mean.

I've noticed that I haven't mentioned the words raise, call or fold here so I guess that's my option 1

Shove (pretty much always)
Raise (only if I think someone may shove weaker)
Fold (don't think I could though)
Call (possibly if I've been setting someone up with a couple of limp folds earlier but this would be uber rare and require several other factors to fall in to place)

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 06:52:24 PM »

Well you're not getting called by much worse unless there's a big stack in the blinds and you've been very active nicking.

You maybe get weak aces to pass by nits and KQ may have laid down depending on his stack and nittiness.

This all depends on how active you've been but if you think every hand that beats KJ is calling and every hand losing to KJ is folding then this is effectively an atc shove anyway. Obviously KJ has loads more 50 50 potential against pairs which will call so we much prefer KJ there but then again atc has more bink potential against hands like AJ, AK and KQ so they might even offset each other.

So if you've been active nicking then this is a shove because you may get called by worse. If you've been inactive it's a shove no matter what you've got because people will fold better and you build a reputation to get called later when your KJ or similar is actually ahead.

Hmmmm...... I've just read this back and it might possibly make no sense. I don't care though because at least I know what I mean.

I've noticed that I haven't mentioned the words raise, call or fold here so I guess that's my option 1

Call (possibly if I've been setting someone up with a couple of limp folds earlier but this would be uber rare and require several other factors to fall in to place)

...and they say Hopkin is a tosser.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »

Nah it makes sense which is why it is mathematically correct push and ranges don't really matter. If we only get called by better hands, we have crap load of FE and pick up the bliinds enough to compensate for getting it in bad.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »

Fold
Shove
Raise
lol call

obv top 2 fairly close and depends what table is like
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »

Yeah but have you seen his tax bill!?