blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273059 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip: Essentials
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip: Essentials  (Read 8662 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »

breakfasts ftw ($5 cheaper in the week - ask for  a 1 day queue jumper pass for saturdays)

breakfasts on a sunday ftmfw

ALso - for a quick lunch - I highly recommend the Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood - and for you choice of sandwich go for "the Earl" ZOMG - a must on every vegas trip for me - and just across from the bellagio

Things to do:

Go up the eiffel tower at dusk and watch the sunset over vegas (get timing right for miniaml time up there as its pretty small viewing platform). Also make sure you watch the bellagio fountains from up there  - they are great (try not to do a shredie swim after a night out thou!!!!)

Elton Johns Red piano tour at Ceasers if he is still on - great show

Most of the Cirque de Soliel shows are worth a watch

If you only play 1 card room I would prob make it the Venetian (followed by Ceasers then Bellagio)

Most sub $100 MTT's are turbo formats - but worth playing just to witness some of the worst poker you will ever see

(im sure that there is more). The great thing about vegas is that you could do none of the things suggested so far in this thread and still have a good time.  Its just the shnizzle

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »

It is the right thing fella but as I mentioned in my previous post the USA are not geared up on line yet. You will still have to fill in the forms again on the plane or you won't get past passport control.

Blue Man group is a good show BTW.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »

Whether they are geared up for it online or not, they still claim it's mandatory to complete, so I would rather spend 5 mins filling it online before I go than risk being turned away for my flight.

Probs too far away for you Scotty but the Sahara $40 tournies with 1 $20 rebuy/add-on play slower than most tournies of cheaper buy ins, and are uber soft, all local rocks folding all day long!!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 12:14:34 PM »

It is the right thing fella but as I mentioned in my previous post the USA are not geared up on line yet. You will still have to fill in the forms again on the plane or you won't get past passport control.

Blue Man group is a good show BTW.

Just read as of 20th Jan it is now compulsory before you go. But you will still need to fill out the green form on plane. The ESTA thing is pror permission to enter, the form on the plane is the visa waiver form.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 10:17:19 PM »

Just read as of 20th Jan it is now compulsory before you go. But you will still need to fill out the green form on plane. The ESTA thing is pror permission to enter, the form on the plane is the visa waiver form.

Thanks Woodsey.

Is this definately the right thing to fill in.....

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c342EADF6-AC52-A46F-935E-7C284BCA230A_kD13319A4-64EA-B4F3-4143-ABF00C2A1383

There is so many when you type in ESTA into google - and tbh some look fairly dodge.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 10:44:53 PM »

yeah. https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/ is linked to from the us embassy's site

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:17 AM »

Try a trip to Lake Mead it isnt that expensive to hire a boat. Excellent day out too
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:14:02 AM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 04:59:34 AM »

Try a trip to Lake Mead it isnt that expensive to hire a boat. Excellent day out too

you know it makes sense ^^^

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »

you know it makes sense ^^^

hahaha, a must^. Gota do a song for us though.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 06:13:38 PM »

BEER BEER, WE WANT MORE BEER, EVERYBODY'S CHEERIN', GET THE FUCKIN' BEER IN
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »

Anyone do any shopping in Vegas? Any recommended malls?
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »

The Forum shops at Caesars Palace, Fashion Mall on the strip and Premier Outlets nr downtown

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »

Depends on how 'high end' you want to find.

Caesars Forum has a lot of poncy gear at full price.

Town Square has a few decent shops, nice place to walk around, not too many bargains.

Premium Outlets have good deals on your Ralph Lauren / Timberland /CK / Gap / Nike sort of labels

Primm have a mall which has Gap/Guess/Banana Republic/Ralph Lauren and some tat besides, it's about a 45 min drive to the California border, or you can jump on a coach which you can book from MGM for about $12 return (Emerald Tower end)  You can regularly get things 70% off here, but is hit and miss as to whats in stock

Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »

Where's O'Shea's?

Mid-strip.  Cross the road and wander towards the Venetian/Wynn.  You can't miss it as will be pretty rowdy with cash poker tables literally on the street.

Another tip for the Bellagio.  Similar to Venetian it has a nice place called Cafe Bellagio to grab some quick decent grub in.  There are often biggish queues but if you don't mind sitting at the counter instead of at a table you can just bowl in front of everyone and help yourself to a seat there.  Handy if only 1 or 2 of you.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »

Struggling to get my body to adapt to the time change - hit up my bed at about 10pm last night!!!

Can anyone recommend a good club to hit up? Nothing too poncey that is going to cost the earth.

Mate is gagging for some action so anything with pretty ladies for him to look at too would be good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: