blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:45:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 630764 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: July 28, 2015, 03:12:58 AM »

Cheers all.

So yeah, was pretty crazy weekend, had a rough couple of months and was in 18k make up but was in a good place mentally as I knew week on week I was improving then the following happened on Sat; 3rd in ipoker comp, 8th in 22 psko 6m, 9th 27T psko, 2 f2ts in small fields on 888, 20th 22c and some other stuff were semi sweats, good form to take into Sunday. Last Sunday I did a 1-1 with €urop€an and it sent me into the battle really high in confidence and I put in my best performance of the year, had a ton of sweats but ended up booking a small winning day, was so happy after the session despite numerous sweat fails. So going into yesterday I just tried to have the exact same mindset as the week before, my usual routine is to start later than most on a Sunday and reg b75 onwards as tiredness can definitely be an issue during a Sunday grind so being fresher than most other regs when it matters feels worthwhile missing some of the early stuff.

But yday I fancied a big day so jumped in at the Kick Off...

Not much exciting happened, then around 16 left had AQ v JJ, after the turn on 104210 I was thinking oh well another deep run ends in what if.... Ace ball corner pocket, FUCKKKKK BOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (think it was probs about 4 booms actually  Grin This put me CL and got to the final 2/9.

8 handed folds to bvb, reg rips 15bbs and we call off 35 A6s and he has KcJs , flop was pretty good AcTd5c turn is , river , so instead of 1/7 with clear CL we are right back in the mix of it.

Soon after AK>>>>AQ gets us back comfortable but then it starts to go a bit wrong...

Get coolered vs Dan btn vs his bb AQ<<<AK, then lose AQ<<<<KK in a super close spot. Now I have 8bbs and I'm 7/7, shitttttttttt.

Get zero spots and have 5bbs, find a couple of spots just to jam and survive.

Then the following happened b2b hands, call it off bvb A8o vs sb big stack who has Td4h KK7dd2d..... oh fuck me.... river, phewwww still alive, Folds to me in bb and I jam K7dd, expecting to at best be flipping after he tanks for ages.... calls, oh noes.. he has K6o, wowww, Ks6h, flop is the rather fun Th5h4h, turn is three clubs, TOO MANY FUKN OUTS ONE TIME FFS, river is , binkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, right back in it now 4/6.

handed with 4 regs and shallow, would've happily dealt but wouldn't have gave a penny away either, it never got mentioned though and it was never really something I was thinking about, I had the box ticked but would back myself vs pretty much anyone 4 handed shallow, lets gooooo. Btn jams 10bbs and we call off 14 KQs, he has QJ and it comes Q535A, sighhhh. Dan then rips 55 into 99 and pings the 5 and busts villain for a decent ladder for me, wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

I jammed K10 vs Dans KJ and comes KK474, maybe it's my time finally. The very next hand I get dealt A2o bvb, folds to sb who has 20bbs, I have 13.5, Dan has 44, he rips, wow this is super close, I knew it was very close to nash but probs just outside of nash, I tanked for ages and wondered if I thought he'd jam slightly wider than nash vs me, not sure he would since I'd be jamming a lot 3 and 4 handed, certainly didn't have tight image. I knew I could basically do what I wanted, if I call it will be fine, and so will folding, hmmmm, lets get a coin. So found a coin, heads I fold tails I'll call, I knew it really was that close. It came a head so I folded. 2 hands later I jammed 77 into JJ and lost, why wasn't it a tail ffs.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: July 28, 2015, 03:59:38 AM »

So I had my best ever Sunday, my biggest score online and was +16k for the weekend, and I had mixed emotions.

I think that's pretty understandable, just 2 places between me and finally a couple of months without sweating bills/rent and some peace, but I had to settle for 3rd and still in small make up. Despite my financial situation I can honestly say not once during the final did I give even 1% consideration to the money involved, it's something I've always managed during playing but previously I wasn't lol broke so it's really pleasing for me that I can separate the two issues and play my best on big finals.

Even before the weekend I was in such a positive place mentally, I've been giving it my all this year, and I know I will do well if I keep doing so which I fully intend to. We have such a good group which is really helpful especially when downswinging, its easy to have self doubt when it's going bad but having four of the best players in the world giving me positive feedback on what I'm doing is so helpful, ldo.

Really excited about continuing to improve and look forward to many big sweats in the future, LFG!

Will post an update if I hit 5 figs make up or have a 5 fig score, can't just be posting brags Tongue
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: July 28, 2015, 08:48:32 AM »

get the Lot Son!!!

Happy Days.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: July 28, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »

Gowan lad, great to read your hard work rewarded. Hope you can keep it going and get a chunk for yourself asap.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: July 28, 2015, 09:28:29 AM »

<3 <3

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:58 AM »

Well done mate, and hopefully the start of a heater!

What do you about Floyd's next fight?  scared

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: July 28, 2015, 10:10:56 AM »

Get the lot Monda, miss your $35 Sit and go sweats while i was at uni Sad!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: July 28, 2015, 02:37:45 PM »

Get the lot Monda, miss your $35 Sit and go sweats

To win at poker is to not have to play
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: July 28, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »

wp Monda, hope the heat continues x
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: July 28, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »

Well done! Nice1
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: July 28, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »

Nice bink mate now keep crushing out of make up!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: November 07, 2015, 12:18:21 AM »

So I did hit the 5 fig make up number, on 2nd October to be exact, but I didn't post about it like I said I would. Not because of mood or any reason to do with that but just because I didn't think it gave a fair reflection of how I was doing as a lot of it wasn't due to losses from poker but was from loans, and I wasn't sure what I can and can't discuss in public so I just didn't bother to post but now I have a positive post to make and have confirmed it's ok to mention it so had to explain that lolz.

A lot of the time people will ask a very successful poker player what was a pivotal moment for you and they'll answer X,Y and Z. Well maybe I had mine recently.

So I had just finished a session and I msgd Fedor so that I could arrange my 1-1 review with him, and a few hours later at around 4am he messaged me back. It's pretty standard for me to be up at this time but I do normally go to sleep at around 4-5am. So we talked about available times etc and then I remarked "obv sooner the better for me then so just whenever u are free to do it" and he snap replies "right now", oh lolz, ermm ok lets do this. So I took a shower to wake me up a bit as I was a little tired and then we got going. So we did the review and it was really productive, it's probably best I don't go into detail about what we did but it was very insightful for me, every 1-1 I've had with these guys has been great, working with the best MTT grinders in the world that's obv going to be the case, but a couple things really hit the mark for me with Fedor's 1-1.

So when I had that 1-1 my make up was at 12k, and I hit a high of 12.5k on the 18th of October, and since then it's gone pretty fukn great. Here are my make up numbers since then (I assume me making <$300 in 4 months work won't be too cringely braggy)  :

So as you can see, no big score's, just really consistant solid grinding. I get a lot more pleasure getting out of make up like that then say when I cleared it having the Kick Off score.

My confidence is at it's peak for a very long time right now and I feel like confidence is very underestimated in poker, and by that I don't mean zzzzzz on a heater he's gtd to win this flip lolz. Just that tiny % increase in edges you get that comes from confidence levels being really high makes a massive difference imo.

I feel like I have a really clear plan of what I need to do to get to where I want to be and I will get there!

Going to finish the year off huge, back at the next 5 fig mu or profit mark, will defo post if 5 fig mu this time Tongue
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: November 07, 2015, 12:32:18 AM »

vwp.  Confidence is huge in any form of gambling.  People think they bet/raise/fold the same in any form of gambling whatever their confidence levels are.  This is bullshit for 99.99% of people whatever they think.  Survival bias/confidence obviously go hand in hand and this is why successful gamblers long term usually have certain spells in their life when they run like god to kick them on.  Then the confidence kicks in and helps them work harder to keep it going.  If they don't do that then they go skint eventually but a lot of people with good work ethics still need that period of heatering to kick on imo.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: November 07, 2015, 12:47:48 AM »

Pleased for you Ray, kick on

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: November 07, 2015, 12:50:33 AM »

Good stuff Raymondo!

Grinding yourself out to Vegas for Pac v Khan?

Hope things continue going well mate Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: