blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 627691 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: December 22, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »

PPS Sigh,Cos you've broke my lappy Sad

wtf how!?

Pretty sure you were the last one using it!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1591 on: December 22, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »

Well done Mond, now just don't go all balla on me....

The older I get, the better I was.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 22, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »

Really well done again m8.

P.s. Uv got 1 more day til my avatar goes down, so enjoy it!

Have a good Xmas!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: December 22, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »

oh hi derrrrr mr HOF

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: December 22, 2010, 04:12:40 PM »

PPS Sigh,Cos you've broke my lappy Sad

wtf how!?

Pretty sure you were the last one using it!

Haha,obv you didn't do it.Windows wont start, sigh FML.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: December 22, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »

flip better monda
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: December 22, 2010, 05:01:06 PM »

So,I'd had a poor week online and was glad the MC came around just to get a break from grinding 45mans.I was feeling good about my game and looking forward to playing my first ever really deep mtt.My plan was just play smallball poker on the first day and try and chip up and make it through the day.

I had an ok table draw,I was in seat 4 and we where playing 8 handed(which was sweet btw,loving 8handed pokers).I had James Sudworth on my immediate left,then m3boy(can't remember his proper name) then Anon.I started pretty well and was up to 37k and then lost a couple of pots with AK to drop me back to about starting stack.Hand details are a bit hazy tbh but I'll try to include some in this.James was playing pretty aggressive but seemed to be happy to stay out my way:

We are both sitting 150bbs+ deep.I opened the cutoff with QJos he 3bets small on the button.I peel,my thoughts being that I think it's good to defend pretty wide against someone who's good otherwise he will just look to keep 3b me if he doesn't think I'll defend and we where pretty deep.Flop comes Q62 rainbow and I c/c a 1300 bet which was between 1/2 and 2/3 pot bet.Turn is a 5 and I c/c a bet of 2600.The river is a 4,no flush draws where out there but I don't remember suits.I check and he makes a pretty big bet of 6400.I tanked for a while and I thought he could be at it as he'd definitely emptied the clip a few times but I eventually laid it down.He told me later he had 109 sooted and he had posted it on pkr and I think that was what he had.I spoke to Toby and Jack about the hand at the end of the day and neither thought I played it bad so since that was the one hand of the day I thought I maybe had I was happy with how I played day1.

I was around 21k after that handed but soon after I doubled up when I flopped top set,mbn I know.Things continue to go well for the next couple of levels and when I get moved to a new table I run pretty good as soon as I sit down opening the cutoff with J7 and bb peels I bink a straight and win a decent pot to put me around the 100k mark.I have Paul Bowser to my immediate left then George to his left.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: December 22, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »

I've been at the table a little while and I'm pretty happy with my table when the following hand happens:

UTG+1 opens to 2100 @ 400/800,mid pos peels and I peel the sb with 8c8h the bb also peels.The flop is 9s6h5s,I check bb checks and the original raiser makes it 5100,mid pos folds I call bb folds.The is the and I check.He then shoves for 32k with around 18k in the middle.I now go into the tank,I'm certain that I have the best hand and everything in my head was telling me it's a call.About 5 minutes pass and I apologise to the table as I'm normally quick with my decisions and don't like to hold the table up.I then ask to put a clock on myself and strangely am told I'm not allowed to ?? George insta puts it on me(which obviously I wanted him to) and I'm still debating what to do.I count out how much it is for me to call.With about 40 seconds like I decide I have to go with how I feel so I call.He turns over QJos and I fade the river,wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

I get moved again and finish the day with around 180k(I don't really remember how much it was but I know I was 7/99 going back for day2).My new table is a pretty solid one with Simon Deadman in Seat 1,Rivermanl in seat 2."The Rumpaaa" in seat 7,such a com bloke who it seemed a few people off here knew and was good fun sharing a table with him.Luckily there was some valuoooooooo in seat 8 with Kinboshi though.

The first part of day 2 goes pretty solidly.I make it into the money and have around a 240k stack.I then lose a 100k pot vs an aggro Scandie German who peels bvb with 63os and rivers a gutshot.I then have a pretty sick spot vs the German again when I open the cutoff with AKos,he 3bets the button with 1010 and I shove for 35bbs effective.He calls I flop an Ace but he binks a 10 on the river,brudal.I was pretty gutted for about 10 seconds then realised I still had 16bbs so got to work on trying to rebuild.I double with AJ>>>>>KQ and am soon back to around the 200k mark.We are then down to the last two tables and are told we will be stopping at 14.I am one of the lowest stacks but still have 30bbs so no need to panic.With 15 left I'm really hoping to make it through to the last day so I can sweat it overnight but obviously would shove any spots I thought where good.We are soon told that's it though and I make it through to the final day as the shortie with 180k stack.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: December 22, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »

I go into the last day feeling confident I still have a decent shot with 30bbs I'm just looking for one double up to get well back into it.On leaving the hotel I gave Cos a prediction that it'd be me and Jack hu ftw.

I manage to get to around 240k when I get it in for 25bbs with A10 vs 88 and I do a bink to give me a half a million stack and I'm know around 4/11 and am well on course to final.I bust Ben Jenkins in 9th who was very unlucky in a couple a crucial spots and played really well,not sure he reads on here but if so it was good to meet you and run better Smiley

Know I'm sure there'll be some who maybe don't believe this and tbh I was surprised myself but I just wasn't nervous it all.I knew what 9th paid as I'd seen on day1 and I knew what 1st was but I never knew any of the other payouts and I didn't know what the ladder jumps where.I didn't see any point in knowing as it couldn't benefit me in anyway so I just ignored it and was just aiming to make top 3 and then hopefully get hu and win it.

I read on Shaun King's thread that maybe I played a bit shove botting or whatever and although I'm not offended by that at all I wouldn't agree with it and although I do agree with Matt that I didn't play it like I would a $12 45man the reason for that being nobody in a $12 45man is generally more than 15bbs deep on a ft so obv they don't play the same at all.I'd say that I played it like an mtt comp that I really wanted to win but was aware that to my direct left I had one of the most successful poker players this year who although I wasn't frightened of playing pots with and I believe even Tighty made reference to that on the update thread but I certainly didn't go after him.I tried to steal a couple of his bbs from roughly 25-35 bb stacks sometimes successfully other times not so much,one spot I make it 110k at 25/50 from roughly 30bbs with 76dd Jack peels,the flop is AK10,I cbet he folds.I also had a spot when we where 3 handed where Fraser limps in the sb and I have 93 in the bb so check.He's been limping trash hands and they've been getting to showdown vs Shaun King a lot when it was 4 handed.The flop is J1010 he checks I check.The turn was an Ace he makes a small 50k bet and I make it 210k from a 1.3mil stack as that's the line I'd mostly take with 10x.He snap puts me all in,sigh.Neither of those hands took genius plays but I'd say I wasn't frightened to mix it up post flop.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: December 22, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »

4 handed I got the little bit of luck that your always going to need to win a comp when I ship K8cc bvb and get snapped by A10 flop is K87,run goodaments.I then take a pretty harsh beat with AK v Jack's A9 all in pre on a KJ2Q10 board.If I hold there we are all equal stacks and I'm right back in it.Instead I soon after ship A7dd into QQ and it's gg me.

I'm happy with how I played and felt I held my own against some very good players.The hand where I 3bet Fraser and people where interested in as it seemed I didn't want a call I had A9 so a pretty standard spot although sigh at maybe giving off live tells with the adam's apple going,haha.Pretty sure Fraser never got a read on me though and maybe folded the best hand.There was another spot where I 4bet shoved on Fraser with KK for 35bbs,I maybe messed up there as I had started telling tighty about a hand where I 4bet Jack with AJ and was obv calling if he shoved but instead of shutting up which I probably should've I continued to tell him about that hand so maybe gave off confidence.I had thought about it before I continued to tell him about the other hand and thought if I was weak I'd do the same but I think I should've just not spoke until the hand was over.

I'm looking forward to watching it when it's televised,especially my exit interview as I have no clue what I said as I was so tired by the end of it.I remarked to Tighty at the end of day 2 that playing the MC was tougher than grinding 45mans all day online.By that I meant the MC was more tiring as with the 45mans most of the spots are automatic whereas I had to think about different spots a lot more playing this,obviously.

Thanks again to everyone who railed and supported me both on here and at DTD,cheers!!!!!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: December 22, 2010, 05:59:46 PM »

flip better monda

Haha,com night.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: December 22, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »

Bet yer glad you weren't banned from DTD now, huh?     Very well done Mond!   

ROFL,I spoke to the bloke who I had the,altercation with when I went to play the 300 and everything was all good.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 22, 2010, 06:02:34 PM »

Games yesterday  1
Profit Yesterday 27,315
VPP's left to SN  Who Cares?

By far the best post in this thread,incred.NH WP.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 22, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »

Awesome Raymondo...

Run better for 2011...

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: December 22, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »

Great result - I'm sure there are more to come. Will you be adding a percentage of your prize to your online roll or will you just keep doing what you were doing before the bink as it was working so well?

Seeing as you play full time, will be interested to know what you are going to do with the money.

Will it be added to the roll to play higher stakes?

Will you treat yourself to something?

Take a few shots?

The money I've won will be gone the day the cheque clears.I have about 12k worth of debt so I'll be clearing most of that.But instead of needing to take money off my online roll to try and clear that debt next year I can now hopefully build up my online bankroll as well as look to get some savings together as I'm pretty certain that I'm going to go travelling in 2012.The plan for online will be to hit 10k then play all stakes of 45mans that run,as far as I'm aware nothing above $60 runs though and the 60's hadly ever do.I will also be looking to put in 1/2 mtt sessions a week and look to play more live comps next year around the £500--1k mark.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: