blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 ... 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 627792 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5325 on: April 17, 2014, 02:39:27 AM »

Is it ok that I have so few calories like today ?

Not feeling hungry between meals, and as I say I'm enjoying what I'm eating, but that's seems unhealthily low ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:54:06 AM by mondatoo » Logged
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: April 17, 2014, 02:54:51 AM »

do we get pics?

lol you've now got me interested to see if what he cooks looks like slop or not  Cheesy I'm picturing Amatay quality food for some reason  Grin

Looks like you were right Woodsey.

Lolz.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: April 17, 2014, 07:25:59 AM »

You sure about Nandos sauce having 0 cals?

I thought it had quite a few.

Also with calories that low youll struggle with energy to work out but if you are just sitting around then although low i dont think its a problem. Perhaps could do with a boost by smashing down more fruit and get an energy boost also. Looking good though
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: April 17, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »

Not feeling hungry between meals, and as I say I'm enjoying what I'm eating, but that's seems unhealthily low ?

Probably not, almost certainly unhealthy. For a guy anything as low as 1500 is low. It doesnt mean you will suddenly drop dead. It just means you arent functioning to the best of your ability. A lot of people dont function to the best of their ability, but it doesnt mean they function badly if that makes sense. A quote I heard somewhere goes along the lines of 'It saddens me how many people live their life without knowing what they are truly capable of.' I think it applies really well to food. Ask someone who eats alot of good food and exercises alot how awesome they feel, then go and ask someone who sits in front of a poker screen 8hours a day and lives off takeways. I am guessin you need to be winning ALOT to say you feel good.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: April 17, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »

Hi Ray,

Not sure if you have snacky issues but i do. I am always tyring to find something to replace that "bags of crisps",
which nowadays is always 2 so few in a pack don't you know.

Love the flavour of Bananas but don't like the texture, so sometimes buy dried ones.
However the good lady came across a recipe and as per i give it a go. Not sure if it is any use to you but recipie below.

Slice " X" number of Bananas (4 for me as they where due for the bin),
Slice in 5 to 8 mm pieces, place in a bowl add juice of one lemon (i had a plastic one in the fridge, added some!)
Stir through, drain off excess juice, lay flat on greaseproof paper, grease with a tiny bit of oil in a suitable container,
(i used a metal dish greased up and they did stick a little)
sprinkle on Cinamon, place in pre heated oven at 150 for 1.5 to 2 hrs,turn after 30 mins.
(My oven is not that good so just keep an eye on them)

Job done:

Eating

Straight from oven the thinnest ones where just like crisps, crunchie warm and delicious, the slightly thicker ones
had a soft creamy centre (ish).

Over night all softened, but still nice.

Left next day and Gorgeous, they take on a sort of meaty texture.

Discalaimer:

No idea on calories etc and i understand too many Banans is not good for you,
but i am snacking on the last of them today during the grind.

Any way if any use feel free, if no use, no worries Smiley

Steve
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: April 17, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »

Also with calories that low youll struggle with energy to work out but if you are just sitting around then although low i dont think its a problem. Perhaps could do with a boost by smashing down more fruit and get an energy boost also. Looking good though

Avg qty per serving

Energy 3 cal Smiley
Fat 0.2g
Carbs 0.3g

I'm eating tons of fruit just don't have any in the house atm and don't really want to go buy more from the Grocers near me as the quality's not great Sad
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: April 17, 2014, 12:36:19 PM »

Probably not, almost certainly unhealthy. For a guy anything as low as 1500 is low. It doesnt mean you will suddenly drop dead. It just means you arent functioning to the best of your ability. A lot of people dont function to the best of their ability, but it doesnt mean they function badly if that makes sense. A quote I heard somewhere goes along the lines of 'It saddens me how many people live their life without knowing what they are truly capable of.' I think it applies really well to food. Ask someone who eats alot of good food and exercises alot how awesome they feel, then go and ask someone who sits in front of a poker screen 8hours a day and lives off takeways. I am guessin you need to be winning ALOT to say you feel good.

I was talking to someone about it and they were saying I'm a nutter, that I'm just crash dieting etc etc. Crash dieting certainly isn't my goal, "functioning to the best of your ability" is exactly what I'm trying to achieve.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: April 17, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »

Hi Ray,

Not sure if you have snacky issues but i do. I am always tyring to find something to replace that "bags of crisps",
which nowadays is always 2 so few in a pack don't you know.

Love the flavour of Bananas but don't like the texture, so sometimes buy dried ones.
However the good lady came across a recipe and as per i give it a go. Not sure if it is any use to you but recipie below.

Slice " X" number of Bananas (4 for me as they where due for the bin),
Slice in 5 to 8 mm pieces, place in a bowl add juice of one lemon (i had a plastic one in the fridge, added some!)
Stir through, drain off excess juice, lay flat on greaseproof paper, grease with a tiny bit of oil in a suitable container,
(i used a metal dish greased up and they did stick a little)
sprinkle on Cinamon, place in pre heated oven at 150 for 1.5 to 2 hrs,turn after 30 mins.
(My oven is not that good so just keep an eye on them)

Job done:

Eating

Straight from oven the thinnest ones where just like crisps, crunchie warm and delicious, the slightly thicker ones
had a soft creamy centre (ish).

Over night all softened, but still nice.

Left next day and Gorgeous, they take on a sort of meaty texture.

Discalaimer:

No idea on calories etc and i understand too many Banans is not good for you,
but i am snacking on the last of them today during the grind.

Any way if any use feel free, if no use, no worries Smiley

Steve

I'm not really having any problems at all fading snacks, I'm not a big crisps fan anyways, I like eating sweets for sure but not a big deal. The day before I started this I fell asleep on the couch with two chewits left in the packet, would've obv got ate if I'd not fell asleep. My first thought was I'll eat these two then not eat anymore for a bit, then I thought no, leave those two sweats there and it's like an achievement everytime I pass them, lolz I know but anyho... the two chewits are still there.

I like having a banana coming to the latter stages of my session, someone once mentioned having them on here if I remember rightly instead of having Red bull, and I like bananas anyways, will give they above a go sometime, cheers.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: April 17, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »

Nah the lack of waitress service means the calories you burn ordering equal the amount in the sauce.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: April 17, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »

I was talking to someone about it and they were saying I'm a nutter, that I'm just crash dieting etc etc. Crash dieting certainly isn't my goal, "functioning to the best of your ability" is exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

Would you say your mentally active while playing or just in robot mode?

Either way on days when you consume less than 1000 cals there is no way your setting yourself up for an optimal day.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: April 17, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »

Would you say your mentally active?
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: April 17, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »

Are you not exercising alongside all this diet stuff Raymero? Wanking doesn't count btw.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: April 17, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »

Are you not exercising alongside all this diet stuff Raymero? Wanking doesn't count btw.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: April 17, 2014, 06:29:38 PM »

Why does it not count? I've been offsetting them calories for years!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: April 18, 2014, 12:51:10 AM »

Would you say your mentally active while playing or just in robot mode?

Either way on days when you consume less than 1000 cals there is no way your setting yourself up for an optimal day.

Would never just play in robot mode since that is terrible obv.

Yeah I'll have to work out a way to get more calories intake, shouldn't be tough Smiley

Not really sure how though and still eat well.

The meal I had yesterday, Steak and rice, what am I meant to do to double the amount of calories in that meal ?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:19:39 AM by mondatoo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 ... 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: