blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684543 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »

The Vampire Diaries is a great show if your into vampires and stuff. Its a bit like Twilight except its not terrible. Its a lot better than True Blood imo. Boon from Lost is one of the 3 lead characters, hes awesome as a bad guy, much better than in Lost. Theres 2 vampire brothers who were turned 150 years ago, one is bad but the other is good and goes to high school trying to be normal. He falls in love with a mev bird (theres a few mev birds in it) and theres loads of side stuff integrating the past with the future as vampires and witches have always been prevalent in the town (some town members are aware of this but not many) and all the families have long histories. Theres been 14 episodes so far, still in Season 1, think its on ITV2 but i download it. Really good.

Wikipedia
The Vampire Diaries is an American supernatural-fantasy horror television series developed by Kevin Williamson, based on the book series of the same name by L. J. Smith. The series follows the life of Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev), who falls in love with vampire brothers Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder). The series also focuses on the lives of Elena's friends and other inhabitants of the fictional town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. The series is a mix of teen drama and the supernatural.

When The Vampire Diaries premiered on The CW Television Network on September 10, 2009, it attracted the largest audience of any series since the network began in 2006.[1] Due to strong ratings, the series was given a full, 22-episode first season on October 21, 2009.[2] The show's first season finale will air on May 13, 2010.[3]

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:33:35 AM by Horneris » Logged

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 10:59:36 AM »

It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia (brilliant, so comedy)
Lost
Gossip girl
One Tree Hill (not as good as in series 1-4 etc, but i cant just give up on it)
The Mentalist
Flash Forward
Inbetweeners
Jersey Shore
V
Prison Break (sigh gg'd)
Hustle
Las Vegas (incred back in the day)

About to start watching Blue Mountain State,Human Target and maybe Vampire Diaries. Then i need to get around to watching 7 seasons of 24 which im sure will be incred but needs a lot of time and dedication im guessing, lol.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:45:42 AM by ChipRich » Logged

creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 01:05:50 PM »

Wow sweet review there Brent, Vamp Diaries is awesome and deserving of such a post. Your passion for the show is impressive. Smiley

Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »

Lost
Gossip girl
One Tree Hill (not as good as in series 1-4 etc, but i cant just give up on it)
The Mentalist
Flash Forward
Inbetweeners
Jersey Shore
V
Prison Break (sigh gg'd)
Hustle
Las Vegas (incred back in the day)

About to start watching Blue Mountain State,Human Target and maybe Vampire Diaries. Then i need to get around to watching 7 seasons of 24 which im sure will be incred but needs a lot of time and dedication im guessing, lol.

about time someone brought Flash Forward!

Fringe im a fan of too, and yes it was cos of my bird too that i started.

Does no one on here watch The King of Queens! on Comedy Central, Starring Kevin James, Leah Rimini and Jerry Stiller (father of Ben Stiller).....one of my fav shows for past few years
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 05:07:46 PM by Scottish Dave » Logged

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »

Does no one on here watch The King of Queens! on Comedy Central, Starring Kevin James, Leah Rimini and Jerry Stiller (father of Ben Stiller).....one of my fav shows for past few years

Watch it sometimes, prefer two and a half men
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »

WHERE WAS JO THE GIANT THIS WEEK?

She never got picked last week yet had disappeared.

''JO couldn't make the entire series because of work committments'' - PM on twitter

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 12:03:45 PM »

''JO couldn't make the entire series because of work committments'' - PM on twitter

I suppose those tall ceilings can't paint themselves.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »

Not on thread yet:

The Office (US)
30 Rock
The League of Gentlemen

Blue text
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 06:14:16 PM »

well if Gordon Brown is fan it can't be all bad

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 05:23:50 AM »

The Vampire Diaries is a great show if your into vampires and stuff. Its a bit like Twilight except its not terrible. Its a lot better than True Blood imo. Boon from Lost is one of the 3 lead characters, hes awesome as a bad guy, much better than in Lost. Theres 2 vampire brothers who were turned 150 years ago, one is bad but the other is good and goes to high school trying to be normal. He falls in love with a mev bird (theres a few mev birds in it) and theres loads of side stuff integrating the past with the future as vampires and witches have always been prevalent in the town (some town members are aware of this but not many) and all the families have long histories. Theres been 14 episodes so far, still in Season 1, think its on ITV2 but i download it. Really good.

Wikipedia
The Vampire Diaries is an American supernatural-fantasy horror television series developed by Kevin Williamson, based on the book series of the same name by L. J. Smith. The series follows the life of Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev), who falls in love with vampire brothers Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder). The series also focuses on the lives of Elena's friends and other inhabitants of the fictional town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. The series is a mix of teen drama and the supernatural.

When The Vampire Diaries premiered on The CW Television Network on September 10, 2009, it attracted the largest audience of any series since the network began in 2006.[1] Due to strong ratings, the series was given a full, 22-episode first season on October 21, 2009.[2] The show's first season finale will air on May 13, 2010.[3]

Just caught up with this, really good so far and defo worth watching.

Next ep not out til 25th March though Sad

Noww, what to watch next........

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 08:57:40 AM »

New Bones (second half of series 5) starts tomorrow, Sky 1. One of my favouritist shows. Hasn't seem to have got tired, despite being in 5th season.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 10:39:56 AM »

Classic oldies:

Sledgehammer
Married with children

Modern:

South Park
Two and a half men
The mighty boosh

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »

New Bones (second half of series 5) starts tomorrow, Sky 1. One of my favouritist shows. Hasn't seem to have got tired, despite being in 5th season.
I read the books first
The tv series doesn't even come close
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 07:31:41 PM »

Classic oldies:

Sledgehammer
Married with children

Modern:

South Park
Two and a half men
The mighty boosh

Sledge and Al Bundy...legends!!!

End of season one Sledge "nuclear bomb" style!

sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2010, 04:27:17 PM »

I gave you the benefit of this analysis Rich and decided to give it a gamble having never heard of it before, and it turns out you were right! I've just seen the 1st series so far but yea its pretty funny, good spot. Actually the last one i saw Danny DeVito makes an appearance in it, it was pretty com! I hope it stays good because theres like 50+ episodes of it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: