blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:04:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684705 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 22, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »

I'm half way through season 4 of Seinfeld,enjoying it.I'd rate it about 7/10.Anyone know why the audience applauses Kraymer when he comes into the episode,I don't get it as he's a main character,and my favourite character;is it just because they like him just normally the applause would be prompted so I'm confused.

I think its because it took a long time for people to get the fact that Seinfeld was not your normal run of the mill Sitcom, so the people who cheer were the dumb yanks in the audience who basically were saying 'me like man with funny hair'

LOL,you think he's a good George ? Smiley

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »

The Event starts Friday night channel 4.

Assuming its already been shown in the states  - any of you downloaders already watched it?  worth it?

Decent enough so far

yup, been watching this. Quite good so far and possibly has the potential to be epic.

Poor reviews and falling fast in the ratings in the Usa, not going to bother...seems like the Networks are struggling to find a new blockbuster series like 24 and "Lost".
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2010, 09:17:14 PM »

Anyone watching dexter season 5?! Quite a slow pace so far but pieces falling into place! Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out!

Ps, die LaGuerta!

Blue text
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2010, 09:52:28 PM »

does anyone watch manga?

Just me
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »

Anyone watching dexter season 5?! Quite a slow pace so far but pieces falling into place! Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out!

Ps, die LaGuerta!

I spent the first 3 eps hoping that it still wasn't true and she wasn't dead Smiley Been decent although the last one was a bit meh.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2010, 08:29:25 AM »

Assuming its already been shown in the states  - any of you downloaders already watched it?  worth it?

Decent enough so far

yup, been watching this. Quite good so far and possibly has the potential to be epic.

Poor reviews and falling fast in the ratings in the Usa, not going to bother...seems like the Networks are struggling to find a new blockbuster series like 24 and "Lost".

yeah I watched the first ones and seemed only ok, like a poor hybrid of Lost/24/Fringe, now I heard the ratings are low I wont watch again as I was pissed off they discontinued Heroes and FlashForward so Im not gonna invest my time.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2010, 09:04:15 AM »

Decent enough so far

yeah I watched the first ones and seemed only ok, like a poor hybrid of Lost/24/Fringe, now I heard the ratings are low I wont watch again as I was pissed off they discontinued Heroes and FlashForward so Im not gonna invest my time.

I didn't bother watching to start with, the trailers for it just made it seem hopelessly derivative - it doesn't surprise me that the show itself hasn't been up to much.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »

Ps, die LaGuerta!

I spent the first 3 eps hoping that it still wasn't true and she wasn't dead Smiley Been decent although the last one was a bit meh.

Yep enjoying it, the usual slow build up to the 2nd half of the season, but thats the normal style of the show...noticed a lot of the 24 staff are now directing/writing it this season.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »

Wow, The Walking Dead getting top reviews, and this fella knows his stuff...

http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/walking-dead-tv

"As it stands, the extended first episode (written and directed by Darabont) is arguably the single greatest television pilot since "Twin Peaks", not to mention the best zombie "movie” in almost a decade."

"The Walking Dead" is a milestone in television and, in many ways, the first A-level horror series. It’s classy, epic and old school in the best ways and makes you realize why you originally fell in love with this genre.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:38:13 PM by sledge13 » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2010, 12:41:09 PM »

Nice to see that Sledge hasn't had to sell his TV after losing pretty much everything.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2010, 01:35:32 PM »

Nice to see that Sledge hasn't had to sell his TV after losing pretty much everything.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2010, 11:17:11 PM »

"As it stands, the extended first episode (written and directed by Darabont) is arguably the single greatest television pilot since "Twin Peaks", not to mention the best zombie "movie” in almost a decade."

"The Walking Dead" is a milestone in television and, in many ways, the first A-level horror series. It’s classy, epic and old school in the best ways and makes you realize why you originally fell in love with this genre.

does anyone else read the Sepinwall review after watching an episode of whatever and think wtf I missed half of what happened. anyway he's saying the pilot's great but it goes slightly downhill afterwards. will def DL it

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/review-amcs-the-walking-dead

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2010, 01:23:58 AM »

does anyone else read the Sepinwall review after watching an episode of whatever and think wtf I missed half of what happened. anyway he's saying the pilot's great but it goes slightly downhill afterwards. will def DL it

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/review-amcs-the-walking-dead

This guy knows much about Tv as Linux does about Football...yup sweet FA! this show aint gonna be a new Lost or FlashFoward waste of time bollocks...its quality shit man!
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2010, 05:53:38 PM »

Anyone seen Breaking Bad, downloading after seeing its rave reviews. Any cop?
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »

Anyone seen Breaking Bad, downloading after seeing its rave reviews. Any cop?

its quality shit man!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: