blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684637 times)
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2010, 10:09:30 PM »

In a superb Dexter episode the show really picked up the pace, but Julia Stiles who plays Lumen is the most wooden actress i've ever seen, some scenes actually look like outtakes with her!

The 12 year old who plays Astor gave her a good acting lesson in this episode.

I dont watch Dexter, I plan to, but Julia Styles is the worst actress ever, so its put me off

She only came in this series,meh she's pretty fit so I'm happy with her being in.Plus I somehow never notice bad acting.

Check out the scene in the latest episode when the baby calls her mom, her reaction to Astors  anger is abs laughable...just so so bad in many scenes. Good to see the writers getting Dexter back on top form in this one though, actually cant wait for the next episode for the first time in ages.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2010, 10:10:46 PM »

Didn't someone say the new writers on Dexter are the old ones from 24,been really good last few eps.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »

In a superb Dexter episode the show really picked up the pace, but Julia Stiles who plays Lumen is the most wooden actress i've ever seen, some scenes actually look like outtakes with her!

I dont watch Dexter, I plan to, but Julia Styles is the worst actress ever, so its put me off

Haha dont worry shes only in half of the latest season, we always seem to agree Mr Shoelace...hope you have checked out Breaking Bad?
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2010, 10:13:34 PM »

Didn't someone say the new writers on Dexter are the old ones from 24,been really good last few eps.

Yeah its the team from the last few seasons of 24, thank christ it wasnt them from Lost or there would be some made up as they go along bullshit about time warps and secret Mcdonalds in Paradise.............***

*** SPECIAL BONUS COMMENT FOR BRENT HORNERIS  Grin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 24, 2010, 01:49:42 AM »

Definitely gonna be a sick end to the season, roll on Monday morning!!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: November 24, 2010, 07:56:37 AM »

Haha dont worry shes only in half of the latest season, we always seem to agree Mr Shoelace...hope you have checked out Breaking Bad?

Havent yet, thats next on the list once I get 24 season 8 out of the way.

Why, do you like it or something?
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2010, 08:33:41 AM »

Havent yet, thats next on the list once I get 24 season 8 out of the way.

Why, do you like it or something?

Its ok... Grin
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 29, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »

Boardwalk Empire (Scorsese, HBO) - is the nuts! writers of sopranos Smiley
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 29, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »

What should be top of my list to watch?
Got 2 lists really - Comedy and Non-comedy

Comedy - Blasted through the League and watch US Office weekly and working my way through Curb. Sunny in Phili is next on the list so that's covered.

Non-comedy - Not had anything to fill the void that Lost left. Watching Walking Dead weekly which I like but what should i try and blast through next? The Event? Breaking Bad?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: November 29, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »

What should be top of my list to watch?
Got 2 lists really - Comedy and Non-comedy

Comedy - Blasted through the League and watch US Office weekly and working my way through Curb. Sunny in Phili is next on the list so that's covered.

Non-comedy - Not had anything to fill the void that Lost left. Watching Walking Dead weekly which I like but what should i try and blast through next? The Event? Breaking Bad?

In before Sledge blows his load over his keyboard while trying to tell you to watch Breaking Bad.

Sunny in Philadelphia is amazing, just watch all of them. 30 Rock isn't bad if you haven't watched that, takes a few episodes to get into.

Walking Dead is fast becoming my favourite new, non comedy, show.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2010, 12:01:35 PM »

are you fuking shiting me?!! lol so gonna watch this.

Also Dexter is really mental now! 2 eps left this season.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »

The new "V" is ok, but quite slow...lacks the menace and action of the 80s original and cant believe they didnt use an updated version of the epic theme...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:42:12 PM by sledge13 » Logged
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2010, 10:33:24 AM »

Stephen Kings top 10 of 2010:

1. Friday Night Lights
2. The Walking Dead
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Event
5. Damages
6. Dexter
7. Sons of Anarchy
8. SpongeBob SquarePants
9. Boardwalk Empire
10. Morning Joe

Was going to watch Friday Night Lights, then found it was about American Football...ugh!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2010, 11:07:43 AM »

This time last year I had never seen a single episode, but this morning I finally caught up with 24 and finished season 8. I'm inclined to say that its the best TV show of all time, or at the very least, joint best with Lost (Lost I think is the better series as a whole, whereas any single series of 24 is better than a single series of, well, anything). Cannot wait for the film.

Which leaves me with a big hole to fill, probably gonna be Breaking Bad (if its bad I will lose all respect for Sledge), Sopranos & Dexter - one or more of those. 
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »

This time last year I had never seen a single episode, but this morning I finally caught up with 24 and finished season 8. I'm inclined to say that its the best TV show of all time, or at the very least, joint best with Lost (Lost I think is the better series as a whole, whereas any single series of 24 is better than a single series of, well, anything). Cannot wait for the film.

Which leaves me with a big hole to fill, probably gonna be Breaking Bad (if its bad I will lose all respect for Sledge), Sopranos & Dexter - one or more of those. 

Yep 24 was a brilliant show, cant believe it started in 2001...time flys! I actually put Breaking Bad on a par with 24...100% sure you will love it. Dexter isnt as good but is still a great show (tho the 1st 2 seasons are easily the best).
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: