blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684674 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 24, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »

House has jumped the shark multiple times but that finale really does top the lot of them.

Ha when it started like it did I was thinking wtf has he done, blown up the hospital or something... I was never ever expecting that though!

The Office finale was very good and even left on a fun cliffhanger. Amazingly, the show is better without Steve Carell (who was brilliant, dont get me wrong, but his absense is letting all the fringe characters shine) and they may actually do better not replacing him.

Lots of great cameos from people doing interviews for his job.

I still think that Dwight Schrute might be the greatest of all time, he just gets better and better. I'm just watching Six Feet Under atm and he's just joined that in season 3 as a creepy trainee. He plays his part very well in that too.

They say that CT is being touted as the favourite to replace Carell next season, I'm not sure who I prefer though as I thought JS was pretty great in that ep too.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: May 24, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »

House has jumped the shark multiple times but that finale really does top the lot of them.

Ha when it started like it did I was thinking wtf has he done, blown up the hospital or something... I was never ever expecting that though!

The Office finale was very good and even left on a fun cliffhanger. Amazingly, the show is better without Steve Carell (who was brilliant, dont get me wrong, but his absense is letting all the fringe characters shine) and they may actually do better not replacing him.

Lots of great cameos from people doing interviews for his job.

I still think that Dwight Schrute might be the greatest of all time, he just gets better and better. I'm just watching Six Feet Under atm and he's just joined that in season 3 as a creepy trainee. He plays his part very well in that too.

They say that CT is being touted as the favourite to replace Carell next season, I'm not sure who I prefer though as I thought JS was pretty great in that ep too.

They have managed to get the Dwight vs Jim thing back on track recently too, which has helped, especially as Jim was becoming the most nausiatingly smug character after being such a hero for so long.

James Spader was superb in that episode, not sure if he would fit the Office, but he was the suprise package. Gervais was shite, real dissapointment, kinda liked Ray Romano too. Almost certain it will be one of the existing cast who gets the job.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 24, 2011, 06:21:25 PM »

They have managed to get the Dwight vs Jim thing back on track recently too, which has helped, especially as Jim was becoming the most nausiatingly smug character after being such a hero for so long.

James Spader was superb in that episode, not sure if he would fit the Office, but he was the suprise package. Gervais was shite, real dissapointment, kinda liked Ray Romano too. Almost certain it will be one of the existing cast who gets the job.

Yeah it's a much better dynamic when he's just trying to ruin Dwight's day as opposed to actually holding power over him.

I'm not really sure why they bothered with Gervais as he's never gonna be involved really and was nothing more than just filler. I think Spader could be pretty epic and Catherine Tate was cringeworthy in a very comical way too. Will be interesting to see who binks the job when they start filming .

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: May 24, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »

Yeah it's a much better dynamic when he's just trying to ruin Dwight's day as opposed to actually holding power over him.

I'm not really sure why they bothered with Gervais as he's never gonna be involved really and was nothing more than just filler. I think Spader could be pretty epic and Catherine Tate was cringeworthy in a very comical way too. Will be interesting to see who binks the job when they start filming .

I think Darryl will get it and they will take his character somewhere new like they did with Ryan
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: May 25, 2011, 07:14:51 PM »

New series of Curb on its way very soon:

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/previews/168389-new-curb-your-enthusiasm-season-8-trailer
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 25, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »

I think Darryl will get it and they will take his character somewhere new like they did with Ryan

I'm not sure that Darryl would fit in as the boss really, I prefer things when they're all as they are now but with a clown in charge. You could be right though, the cameos last week are all a red herring and they've already decided what they're doing next season with the present cast.

I suppose it depends how long they want to run the show for as I don't know how many directions they can go if he's put in the chair. Should they put one of the new characters in I think it gives them more scope to work and develop it in order to keep the series running.

I think for me it would be Spader>Tate>Romano

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 25, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »

Anyone but Tate imo
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 25, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »

just been selected for the new ITV show Red or Black?

1 of 7000 to get invited to Wembley arena, answer a few randon Red or Black questions, lucky few go to the next stage on location around the UK.

Lucky few from that, get to go on the TV show.

Couple more challenges, until 1 contestent left - they walk up to a roulette wheel and get asked Red or Black?

Wrong - Thank and good bye
Right - £1'000'000.

I think i'll take my one time please

Carpe Diem
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 25, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »

1 of 7000 to get invited to Wembley arena, answer a few randon Red or Black questions, lucky few go to the next stage on location around the UK.

Couple more challenges, until 1 contestent left - they walk up to a roulette wheel and get asked Red or Black?

Right - £1'000'000.

what happens if it hits green? (0)

Just me
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 25, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »

Right - £1'000'000.

what happens if it hits green? (0)

I suspect the "roulette" wheel is merely Red or Black options...just in case!  Roll Eyes

Carpe Diem
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 26, 2011, 08:45:49 PM »

Season 4 Trailer of the best show on Tv - Its looking awesome!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: June 02, 2011, 09:16:30 AM »

Game of Thrones is awesome, just caught up with it all in two evenings. Its a good mix of mythical stuff for nerds, but good drama for those of who pretend to not be nerds but actually are super mega nerds who like dragons and shit.

Great to see so many yorkshire accents on HBO.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 07, 2011, 12:35:35 PM »

Game of Thrones is awesome, just caught up with it all in two evenings. Its a good mix of mythical stuff for nerds, but good drama for those of who pretend to not be nerds but actually are super mega nerds who like dragons and shit.

whitewalkers coming from the north, dothraki from the south, all kicking off already in the middle, only 2 more eps this season Sad

if i read the books i'm spoiling years of quality TV, but if i don't i'm spoiling what are meant to be some of the best books ever, hmmmm dunno wot 2 do
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: June 07, 2011, 12:39:56 PM »

whitewalkers coming from the north, dothraki from the south, all kicking off already in the middle, only 2 more eps this season Sad

if i read the books i'm spoiling years of quality TV, but if i don't i'm spoiling what are meant to be some of the best books ever, hmmmm dunno wot 2 do

Watch the TV, but occasionally say to people 'its not as good as the books, they leave so much out, X is a really big character in the books'

Best of both worlds, you dont have to read, but can sound smart
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 07, 2011, 02:09:19 PM »

Still working my way through 'It's always sunny in Philadelphia'.

Anyone who likes stupid comedy and hasn't seen this needs to get it watched pretty quick.

You'll love it or hate it but if your sense of humour fits it's incredible.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: