blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684508 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 11, 2011, 08:26:50 AM »

Quite liked Luther recently on the BBC, shame it was only 4 episodes.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 11, 2011, 08:36:13 AM »

Really surprised that the majority seem to like The Wire better than the shield. I have watched every episode of both and have watched The Shield twice through. Both great but for action, comedy and edge of your seat stuff I would take The Shield everytime.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 11, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »

Severiano Ballesteros took the world of golf by storm and transcended the sport with his magnetic personality and sublime skill. Gary Lineker presents this heart-warming tribute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012lt4d/Seve_The_Legend/

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: July 11, 2011, 12:39:30 PM »

Curb started last night in the states, not watched it yet but its one of those shows that gets better the more you are immersed in it, so high hopes.
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 11, 2011, 02:43:05 PM »

Really surprised that the majority seem to like The Wire better than the shield. I have watched every episode of both and have watched The Shield twice through. Both great but for action, comedy and edge of your seat stuff I would take The Shield everytime.

For me, The Shield's character development is poor compared to The Wire. You get to know the good and the bad characters inside out in The Wire as the bad guys are there for an entire season or more and the storyline is very tight as a result.

Whereas with The Shield (I'm up to the end of season 3) there's no real recurring theme with regards to a villain so you only get to know the characters from the police point of view. The storyline is pretty loose as well thus far.

I've just woken up so hopefully that sounds better than it reads first time round, but I hope you get my point.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 11, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »

I've got 7 seasons of The Shield to watch at some time soon. I've only ever seen the odd snippet so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Absolutely love The Wire, one of my favourites of all time.

The Shield will have to go some way to surpass it but I hope it does.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 11, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »

I've got 7 seasons of The Shield to watch at some time soon. I've only ever seen the odd snippet so I'm quite looking forward to it.

I actually get jealous when i know people have so much of a good series to watch! I would do anything to have my memory wiped so i could start with Always Sunny in Philadelphia again.

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 11, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »

Curb started last night in the states, not watched it yet but its one of those shows that gets better the more you are immersed in it, so high hopes.

Great show, will watch tomorrow...and Breaking Bad and Entourage to come...and English shows??? um um...pfft...
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 11, 2011, 10:31:14 PM »

Oh dear, not a good start, one of the worst Curb episodes ever...oh well...
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: July 11, 2011, 10:38:11 PM »

Actually just came on to say I thought it was a superb start to the new series
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 11, 2011, 10:56:08 PM »

I actually get jealous when i know people have so much of a good series to watch! I would do anything to have my memory wiped so i could start with Always Sunny in Philadelphia again.

Sorry to make it worse but I'm only on series 3 of it's always sunny.

Just keeps geting better Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:36 PM »

Am I the only one thinking entourage is gonna be bad?

The seasons are getting worse and worse

I bet vince dies in the last one

Just me
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:02 AM »

You lucky sod, you still have Gas Crisis, Mortgage Crisis, Nightman Cometh, DENNIS system, and Lethal Weapon 5 still to come.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 12, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »

You lucky sod, you still have Gas Crisis, Mortgage Crisis, Nightman Cometh, DENNIS system, and Lethal Weapon 5 still to come.

You truely truely are so lucky. You also have "Who Pooped the Bed?", "Who Got Dee Pregnant?"and "Mac Fights Gay Marriage" still to watch amongst many other greats. Gonna watch em again. My missus has only seen since series 4 so its a good enough excuse. The D.E.N.N.I.S system is a great episode!!!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #569 on: July 12, 2011, 09:03:02 AM »

You truely truely are so lucky. You also have "Who Pooped the Bed?", "Who Got Dee Pregnant?"and "Mac Fights Gay Marriage" still to watch amongst many other greats. Gonna watch em again. My missus has only seen since series 4 so its a good enough excuse. The D.E.N.N.I.S system is a great episode!!!

Season 7 looks good http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/06/always-sunny-in-philadelphia-season-7-preview.html

This time around we can expect Rob McElhenney, who plays the always overly-confident Mac, to put on 50 pounds for his character.

“It’s been disgusting to watch him go through with this adventure,”Charlie Day told Screen Junkies. “We were a little on the fence about it for his own personal health and safety but it has definitely made Mac a lot funnier.”

And the show will feature an array of random guest appearances this season.

Despite the public quarrel Kings Of Leon had with Glee creator Ryan Murphy, the guys are actually appearing on a Glee-esque episode of Always Sunny this season.

“Color me curious,” McElhenney said. ”They’re not huge fans of ‘Glee’, but they’re huge fans of ‘Sunny’.”

And in standard Charlie fashion, Day sarcastically hinted at another guest appearance.

“Pretty famous guy,” Day said.“Rhymes with ‘Osama’."

Viewers can also expect a bigger role from Charlie’s romantic obsession, the waitress, this season.

Some episode themes we can expect this season: the gang goes to the Jersey shore, Frank proposes to a prostitute Pretty Woman-style and to keep up with the ongoing craze, there will be an episode about child beauty pagean

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: