blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:59:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 689369 times)
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1140 on: February 14, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »

Marky.

I download torrents but I have no idea what those compressed files are. Could you explain the difference between them and normal ones and whether you have to do anything different to play them?

thanks

It's just a different compression method which makes things smaller. It's often used for HD stuff. I generally don't use them because I can't play them directly on to my TV.

As Marky says though VLC will play absolutely anything if you're watching via a pc.

Best thing I ever bought - allows play of MKV files direct to your TV.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Cyclone-Micro-Media-Player/dp/B0046SD2MK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329224791&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:12:52 PM by Nakor » Logged

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 14, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »

If you've got a PS3, this little beauty piece of software is amazing at streaming from your pc to your ps3.  Sorts out all sorts of file formats including mkv's

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 14, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »

Marky.

I download torrents but I have no idea what those compressed files are. Could you explain the difference between them and normal ones and whether you have to do anything different to play them?

thanks

It's just a different compression method which makes things smaller. It's often used for HD stuff. I generally don't use them because I can't play them directly on to my TV.

As Marky says though VLC will play absolutely anything if you're watching via a pc.

Best thing I ever bought - allows play of MKV files direct to your TV.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Cyclone-Micro-Media-Player/dp/B0046SD2MK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329224791&sr=8-1

Looks a great little piece of kit.

I'm just waiting for Sony to update my TV then I'll be all sorted. They seem very slow though Sad

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 14, 2012, 07:40:45 PM »

Is it December 25th? New ep of Walking Dead is out to download. wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 18, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »

Any other Hustle fans here? Spoilers...

Really enjoyed the final episode. How they survived the end was predictable enough but the return of Danny was a welcome surprise. And they finished with the original music. Brilliant way to bow out Smiley

Blue text
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1145 on: February 20, 2012, 03:49:57 PM »

Just discovered Louie, which is basically a Curb Your Enthusiasm rip off - but it is a rip off done by Louis C.K. who is one of the best stand-ups in the world. I'm four episodes in and it is very very good so far.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 20, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »

Really enjoyed the final episode. How they survived the end was predictable enough but the return of Danny was a welcome surprise. And they finished with the original music. Brilliant way to bow out Smiley

Love this series. Just watching the first seven again to make sure I haven't missed any before I hit season 8.

Thanks for the spoilers.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 20, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »

Love this series. Just watching the first seven again to make sure I haven't missed any before I hit season 8.

Thanks for the spoilers.

Haha I just downloaded them all too so I can have a rewatch if I ever get bored and fancy a trip down memory lane Smiley

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 21, 2012, 12:37:28 AM »

Just finished Breaking Bad. 2 words -

Fucking Epic!!

Ah! The element of surprise
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 21, 2012, 11:03:28 PM »

So, did anyone watch Luck?  I quite enjoyed it, although I have no idea in what's going on for a lot of it.  Lots of interesting characters and some great filming of the horse races.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 22, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »

So, did anyone watch Luck?  I quite enjoyed it, although I have no idea in what's going on for a lot of it.  Lots of interesting characters and some great filming of the horse races.

I've got the first 4 eps downloaded but will wait until it finishes and then watch it in one hit I think.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 22, 2012, 12:35:44 AM »

I watched the first episode the other night.  I was worried that I was starting to build it up too big in my mind but I thought it was decent.  Definitely a lot of potential although the payouts for the Pick 6 seemed pretty weird/off as did some characters winning it in the first episode!!

cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 22, 2012, 12:56:43 AM »

Good thread on 2+2 in OOTV where a guy called "youtalkfunny" explains the terminology of the show(and what the mumbling trainer is saying).I enjoyed the episode but was a bit lost as I have little knowledge of the horseracing world.After reading the breakdown of the episode I watched it again and enjoyed it more.The racing scenes were pretty spectacular and stylish.I'am looking forward to the rest of the show,HBO have already green lit a second series.

shy bairns get nowt
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 22, 2012, 06:35:07 AM »

My new lifestyle follows GTH a bit like Jersey Shore, Gym Tea Homeland. Only watched first ep yesterday. Got the whole series downloaded. Looking forward to it. Also new series of modern family starts on Friday! 

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1154 on: February 22, 2012, 11:23:43 AM »

I see that the new series of Eastbound and Down started on Sunday in the US
Anywhere I can stream my Kenny Powers fix?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: