blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684467 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4455 on: May 23, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »

Blindspot season finale, is that believable?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: May 25, 2018, 07:55:34 PM »

Trying to get into this chaps, just finished first season,

yet struggling with the hyper yankee voiceover.

"The island identifies it's victims and then lures them in to satisfy it's lust for blood"

No need for that kind of shit, offensive to one's sensitive english palette.

Go straight to the latest series imo. It's mainly slow but always interesting.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: June 03, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »

Long Shot on Netflix, recommended. True story of a guy falsely accused of murder featuring the tv show Curb your Enthusiasm. Jaw drop moment guaranteed.

Watch out for the judge saying she took the evidence home and sought advice from the kids. Only in USA.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: June 15, 2018, 12:55:50 PM »

I'm 9 episodes in to The Staircase on Netflix.  Sophie wanted to watch it originally, as she'd listened to a podcast series about the same case.  I wasn't too fussed so we put it on whilst I was messing around on the laptop and from me background watching the first couple we're now watching two episodes a night of them together.  If it wasn't for the need to fit around Sophie's viewing I'd have binge watched the whole thing in a couple of days by now.

It's following a real-life murder trial, where a man accused of murdering his wife and faking the scene as a fall down a staircase, allowed himself and his defence team to be filmed throughout the case by a documentary team, so it's effectively a series of real-life footage of police investigation, defence deliberations and trial on an unprecedented scale.  I won't give too much away, but there are sufficient real-life plot twists for it to feel like a scripted series (ironically, the accused man makes his living as a fictional author!)

Utterly absorbing viewing and recommended (albeit I still have 4-5 episodes still to go).

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4459 on: June 15, 2018, 01:27:44 PM »

I'm 9 episodes in to The Staircase on Netflix.  Sophie wanted to watch it originally, as she'd listened to a podcast series about the same case.  I wasn't too fussed so we put it on whilst I was messing around on the laptop and from me background watching the first couple we're now watching two episodes a night of them together.  If it wasn't for the need to fit around Sophie's viewing I'd have binge watched the whole thing in a couple of days by now.

It's following a real-life murder trial, where a man accused of murdering his wife and faking the scene as a fall down a staircase, allowed himself and his defence team to be filmed throughout the case by a documentary team, so it's effectively a series of real-life footage of police investigation, defence deliberations and trial on an unprecedented scale.  I won't give too much away, but there are sufficient real-life plot twists for it to feel like a scripted series (ironically, the accused man makes his living as a fictional author!)

Utterly absorbing viewing and recommended (albeit I still have 4-5 episodes still to go).

I watched this. If it wasn't true or was just reconstructed you wouldn't believe it.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: June 23, 2018, 02:29:11 PM »

Alone Season 5 just kicked off. Past participants dropped in Mongolia. This is a boss tv show for anybody who likes the survival genre.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: June 30, 2018, 11:53:13 PM »

Just finished it.  I'm not quite sure what to say having seen it except to say I'm quite shocked with the American justice system.   I didn't realise until we'd finished (although it does say) the last 3 episodes are "season 2" with the trial update and the rest has been aired before.

Have you seen Making a Murderer ?  Also on Netflix.  Similar style thing.   

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: July 02, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »

Just finished it.  I'm not quite sure what to say having seen it except to say I'm quite shocked with the American justice system.   I didn't realise until we'd finished (although it does say) the last 3 episodes are "season 2" with the trial update and the rest has been aired before.

Have you seen Making a Murderer ?  Also on Netflix.  Similar style thing.   

I hadn't realised it was an updated re-release either.  Haven't watched Making a Murderer yet, but it has been on the list for a while.

Sophie has listened to the podcast series too and was disappointed that the 'owl theory' didn't appear in the TV documentary.  If you read the wiki page, it makes references to it.  Given everything else that transpired, it seems as credible a possibility as any of them.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: July 14, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »

Long Shot on Netflix, recommended. True story of a guy falsely accused of murder featuring the tv show Curb your Enthusiasm. Jaw drop moment guaranteed.

Watch out for the judge saying she took the evidence home and sought advice from the kids. Only in USA.

Just watched, scary to see how easily someone can be wrongly convicted... if not for that crazy fortunate coincidence
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: July 14, 2018, 11:52:30 AM »

I really liked “Mindhunter” on Netflix. About the early days of serial killer profiling.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: July 17, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »

Vikings is bad ass also
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: July 24, 2018, 08:46:26 PM »

Goliath Season 2 available now, Billy McBride still super cool, Brittney still blazing hot. Love this show, strong characters and super funny at times. Recommended.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: July 24, 2018, 09:17:38 PM »

Got 2 left to watch tonight, absolutely compelling.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4468 on: July 25, 2018, 01:02:08 PM »

Alone Season 5 (Alone Retribution) has started on History in US but cannot find any indication of start date on History UK.  Anyone know if it has started over here and I have missed it?  Or if its not started, when it does?
Thanks in advance.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: July 25, 2018, 01:06:34 PM »

Been really disappointed by the Knights Templar stuff on History.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: