blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684672 times)
engy

View Profile
« Reply #4575 on: March 20, 2019, 04:39:48 PM »

He does come across as a tosser, missed the can't pay thing I'll try to get it on catch up

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: March 20, 2019, 05:23:25 PM »

Just caught up with Catastophe. Sensational stuff.

Carnage worth a watch on iPlayer too for Simon Amstell fans.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: March 21, 2019, 04:53:35 PM »

Just caught up with Catastophe. Sensational stuff.

Carnage worth a watch on iPlayer too for Simon Amstell fans.

You have watched the whole of catastrophe?   Just disvovered it myself and am on to series 2.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: March 21, 2019, 04:57:18 PM »

Halfway through the second cereal. Trying to space them out. Incred stuff.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: March 21, 2019, 09:25:12 PM »

Flack

A masterpiece. Extremely sharply written black comedy about a PR firm often required to resolve compromising situations for their celebrity clients. Anna Paquin plays the lead role, with a character who is battling a drug addiction and a destructive personality while being the best fixer the agency has

Every detail is covered: the clothes are perfect, the direction superb and the machine gun speed of some of the lines is jaw-dropping.

It's a sort of PR version of The Thick of It, with some Ugly Betty and a touch of Fleabag.

You'll find it on W or on the UKTV player.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: April 14, 2019, 11:32:37 AM »

ready for tonight

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4581 on: April 14, 2019, 01:32:48 PM »

ready for tonight

I'd throw in somebody undercover in a dodgy police unit claims to have transferred from 'East Mids'.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: April 14, 2019, 01:34:36 PM »

Fleabag - possibly the most perfect ending to 12 episodes of TV ever.

Catastrophe is a close second.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: April 14, 2019, 01:38:53 PM »

Pffft, surley GOT should be the only show worthy of discussion on here today of all days  talktothehand   
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: April 28, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »

Here we go Line of Duty. This season has been underwhelming but hopefully the last 2 episodes turn it around.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: May 07, 2019, 06:24:08 PM »

Here we go Line of Duty. This season has been underwhelming but hopefully the last 2 episodes turn it around.

Just watched it all last few days. Enjoyed it and can still be pretty gripping with all its nonsenses thrown in.

Only bit I found really grating throughout was here was old Ted, without a penny to his name, somehow the head of a massive crime enterprise at the same time, bit ridic even wtihout dragons and shiz.

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: May 07, 2019, 07:47:49 PM »

I thought the same thing. I think that's why they wrote in the £50k (£100k) bung into the plot - all a bit desperate, really. But still good fun.

Talking of wheels falling off an otherwise credible plotline and an excellent series to boot...

Killing Eve (BBC iPlayer)

Watch it all other than the second half of the last last episode: suffice to say that it's been set up for a 2nd series, and all you need to know is...... ok I won't spoiler
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4587 on: May 07, 2019, 07:55:04 PM »

Only bit I found really grating throughout was here was old Ted, without a penny to his name, somehow the head of a massive crime enterprise at the same time, bit ridic even wtihout dragons and shiz.

Yeah this. That and the morse code thing in the last episode.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: May 08, 2019, 04:25:00 PM »

Just watched it all last few days. Enjoyed it and can still be pretty gripping with all its nonsenses thrown in.

Definately. It was good but Ted is the sort of old geezer who still uses Bing.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: May 11, 2019, 12:43:27 PM »

Killing Eve

Addendum:
Now I know why this was such a good series (other than the final scenes). It was written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, creator of Fleabag: this woman is quite an amazing talent, and I forgive her for the ending - I suspect it wasn’t her version anyway, just forced upon her by the American money-wo/men.

The two female leads have been shortlisted for BAFTAs, and the second series will be available live & on iPlayer later this year.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: