blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  £2/£5 NLH Live Pukeable river spot vs Nit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £2/£5 NLH Live Pukeable river spot vs Nit.  (Read 4927 times)
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 03:46:58 PM »

Peter Shambles Charalambous manages to accidentally bluff a hand.

And how you get any action is unbelievable. He plays 5 hands a night (absolute maximum). So why is anyone 3 betting him ever. Just get on with the next hand!
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »

I had amassed £80,000 in live touneys in the last year an still came out losing?

u lot are so funny, oh well ill let the bankroll an results do the talking.............Gl

Wink

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »

Only played wt Mitch 1 time before an hes a really nice guy...

Gave up there.  Obviously a misread.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 04:30:48 PM »

Gave up there.  Haven't got a clue how to play poker and couldn't possibly help.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »

Gave up there.  Obviously a misread.

Gave up there.  Haven't got a clue how to play poker and couldn't possibly help.

Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »

wow he played this hand ridic bad

Why do you always make these 5 or 6 word comments and then never add anything more to give a reason why? Or is your word just gospel?

Also I hate the raise on the river. You say he's a nit so what do you expect him to call you with?

Ok im not going to use the term nit anymore because i think Petes becoming personally offended by the term. Hes a very solid player, but thats doesnt mean that when he gets into a hand with AQ AK, J10 of diamonds (and makes a flush) he is just going to pass because ive raised him on the river. The tightness is mainly in his hand selection pre and his non willingness enter a pot with raggy hands or connectors when not quite getting a good price etc etc. I guarentee, and Pete will probably confirm, that if he has any of these hands in this situation he is 100% paying me off when i raise the river.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »

I can't speak for anybody else obv, but I consider calling someone a nit is a compliment.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

I can't speak for anybody else obv, but I consider calling someone a nit is a compliment.

I disagree with this statement

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2010, 06:24:35 PM »

Also I hate the raise on the river. You say he's a nit so what do you expect him to call you with?

Ok im not going to use the term nit anymore because i think Petes becoming personally offended by the term. Hes a very solid player, but thats doesnt mean that when he gets into a hand with AQ AK, J10 of diamonds (and makes a flush) he is just going to pass because ive raised him on the river. The tightness is mainly in his hand selection pre and his non willingness enter a pot with raggy hands or connectors when not quite getting a good price etc etc. I guarentee, and Pete will probably confirm, that if he has any of these hands in this situation he is 100% paying me off when i raise the river.

Do you think he bets the river though or just check / calls?

And Pete, the term nit isn't offensive. At least it isn't when I use it. Just means that you aren't a lunatic.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »

If I use the term nit it isn't a compliment. It also isn't intended as an offence.

It just describes the way they play in a very vague manner meaning that they aren't playing crap hands or spewing too often.

Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »

Do you think he bets the river though or just check / calls?

And Pete, the term nit isn't offensive. At least it isn't when I use it. Just means that you aren't a lunatic.

I think he plays it the same tbh. Once i check the turn he knows i dont have a huge hand as I dont seem to be worried about protecting it against a draw or getting max valuefrom it by betting.

He doesnt want to be checking top 2 and me to knuckle behind with A10 when im probably going to pay off a small value bet, and especially not if he has a smaller flush.

Oh, and I know 'nit' isnt insulting but he seems to be PUTTING IT IN CAPITALS every time he writes it! Just wanted to make sure.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2010, 07:32:01 PM »

you around all week charararanitalambous?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2010, 10:56:30 PM »

When the flop came i was 90% certain i was in front an elected to check call even though 4 a split second i almost raised but i thought out of postion ill play a small pot as i had a rough idea how his betting would go if he didnt have a real hand. The turn came   an i didnt really like this card as my range of hands i put him on preflop were mid cards like 9 j or 10 j or 9 10 some sort of gutshot so i think i would fo reraised had he bet the turn big to commit my hand so he couldnt bluff me

me confused

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2010, 05:03:28 AM »

wow he played this hand ridic bad

Why do you always make these 5 or 6 word comments and then never add anything more to give a reason why? Or is your word just gospel?

Well he thinks you are bluffing and he has a bluff catcher then he then does some tiny 3b all in!!?!!

The best thing is he posts up on here how bad that is and that he should check call, lol, surely should bet call if you going to be river raise bluffing?

Obv the rest of the hand is not great.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
ScottishRaider
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2010, 06:13:24 PM »

personally i have only played with pete twice and both times in mtt's but i have seen him make some really marginal moves in slow mtt's that are not exactly what i would call nitty

at the monte carlo at dtd in dec blinds 200/400 he opened and got one call (me) then 4 bet shoves a 60K+ stack with A6 on a board or A 4 5
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: