blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  PDC Darts
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PDC Darts  (Read 3160 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

Im going for a bit of backing then laying off (well I'll try)

Three that represent MEGA value for money imo are last years beaten finalist Mark Dudbridge - Currently 38.0 on BF and has an American qualifier in the first round.  Will do well again this year and I hope to lay off maybe in the quarterfinals.

Also great value at 80 (on BF again) is no 5 seed Peter Manley.  I doubt very much he will win it but he is a class act and will make the quarters I'm sure.   

Andy Jenkins is my third choice, at 75 on BF.  Again should make the later rounds and price will drop making a nice lay off.

Some big names to be had at high values and money to be made......if I can get it right this time Cheesy

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 01:06:58 PM »

Unfortunately when it comes to darts there are few people capable of winning these bigger events.
There will certainly be no surprises this year either.
IMO if you can take 5 or 6 from the first round as an accumulator you won't go far wrong:-

Part, Mardle, Lloyd, Baxter, Scholton, Dudbridge, Taylor, Stevie Beaton (an old pal of mine), Caves.

I know little about actually gambling but if you can bet em all as a roll up or something?
Darts is very much skill, bottle and consistancy and as such most players just have no chance at all.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 07:37:58 PM »

is anybody watching the darts. i must be honest i love watching the pdc as all the best players play in it even though it is dominated by the power. the bdo is far more open but the standard is nowhere near as good.

i love betting on the darts and normally have a little wager on correct set betting but will hill dont seem to be offering such a market. last year i used sky bet to place bets on the darts but i refuse to use them anymore.

does anybody know who else offers odds on correct set betting? do betfair?

thanks
smithy69

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 07:46:25 PM »

betfair have various bets available

Thought I had better put a pic of me on here, so you knew what my ugly mug was really like
SKIPPYSKIP

He who DARES, WINS !!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 10:54:03 AM »

Lokking to trade on Mardle currently 40.0 on betfair fancy him to turn part over 2nite
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 11:18:09 AM »

Lokking to trade on Mardle currently 40.0 on betfair fancy him to turn part over 2nite

Taylor and Part are streets ahead of the rest, i do like Mardles "new" serious attitude though.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 11:28:15 AM »

I would have thought Part would win against Mardle, but it will be a good match still.

I'm hoping Dudbridge beats Painter tonight then I should be able to lay Dudbridge off!

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 04:24:23 PM »

Manly laid off at 10 thankfully, Green all round Smiley

Also a sneeky bet on Manly to win against Lewis was placed too.

Happy Days.

smithy69

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 08:59:28 AM »

what to do.

I aint been on the site for a while so missed this. I backed manley for a cheeky £10 at 95.0 but havent traded yet.

what sort of price do you think manley will reach if he beats jones in the semi and makes it to the final.

i reckon he will be 6/1. he is currently 10.5

should i trade now - opinions.

im thinking of trading part now, and part when he beats jones

Thought I had better put a pic of me on here, so you knew what my ugly mug was really like
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 11:53:47 AM »

I  wouldnt have thought his odds will change much more tbh, he isnt going to beat Taylor afterall.

I would like to have traded off around 8's but Im not unhappy at 10's - afterall its only a couple of quid difference.  Im just glad that I did trade it off as my other two failed to do any good!

dan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 07:37:01 PM »

final starts shortly.

what do you reckon.

ive backed taylor to win 7-3 at 9/2 i think taylor will be really pumped up for this as he cant stand manley
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »

I think you are being generous towards Manley, the guy is not in the same class and Taylor hates him.
Don't forget the last time they played this it was 7-0.
Prepare for a lot of needle

Of course not.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 07:41:58 PM »

Also the crown hate Manley too!!

Of course not.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 07:43:37 PM »

Also the crown hate Manley too!!

what has the crown got to do with it  what do the crowd think of him 

ive had a little saver on 7-1 aswell which is also 9/2
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 07:43:59 PM »

manley been playing some great darts.........if taylor finishes as badly as he did against mardle this could be very close

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: